Class of 2019 - C Jon Bol Ajak (PA) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 C Jon Bol Ajak (PA) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry meant the big who was up this past wknd.
Ok I'm getting confused with the cryptic messages and not replying direct to someone. Is this "big who was up this past wknd" that u are referring to John bol right?

Ok I'm getting confused with the cryptic messages and not replying direct to someone. Is this "big who was up this past wknd" that u are referring to John bol right?

I asked for clarification in that same thread you are referring to. Is a "new" center [per that thread's title] a new guy that we are involved with, or a "new" commit?

Wouldn't make sense to post a thread about a "new 2019 center" and say that you can't disclose the name, only to have that person be a name we've already been talking about, as evidenced by this 9-page thread.

2 4 7's Andrew Slater has changed his pick from SU to St Joe's..doesn't even have SJU as a school of interest. Interesting.

2 4 7's Andrew Slater has changed his pick from SU to St Joe's..doesn't even have SJU as a school of interest. Interesting.
That's an interesting twist.

Welcome aboard John. I hope like heck you play well beyond my expectations because that is what's best for Syracuse. SUball
I still believe hes much better then his ranking...I know we say that about all recruits that commit to us but the kid had one bad spring/summer and then dropped off the face of the earth. Hes better then 368 or whatever they have him at. I personally like the fact that he can shoot halfway decent for a big and has decent feet...seems athletic and not super clunky. Also gets to learn behind a junior sidibe and if we land another big he can learn from them as well. Doesnt have to be a immediate impact guy which will be nice for some depth. Solid pick up for us and hopefully we keep pursuing the other bigs hard to try and bring in another. The staff has liked this kid for quite some time so he obviously has some of the goods!

I still believe hes much better then his ranking...I know we say that about all recruits that commit to us but the kid had one bad spring/summer and then dropped off the face of the earth. Hes better then 368 or whatever they have him at. I personally like the fact that he can shoot halfway decent for a big and has decent feet...seems athletic and not super clunky. Also gets to learn behind a junior sidibe and if we land another big he can learn from them as well. Doesnt have to be a immediate impact guy which will be nice for some depth. Solid pick up for us and hopefully we keep pursuing the other bigs hard to try and bring in another. The staff has liked this kid for quite some time so he obviously has some of the goods!
That's about as good a response as I can give at the moment. I will reserve my judgment, root for the guy, and hope the 371st ranked player proves me wrong.

Last edited:
Cleans the glass

resize

IF we land Akok, then I'll be all on board with JBA. By himself, not so much.
they play different positions, I dont see any correlation between the two. Id prefer Carrigan and JBA.

That's embarrassing for poor Slater.
After the Golden debacle why does anyone trust those morons at 24/7.
Great get for the Cuse. Our big men always improve and we need some 4 year players with size and athleticism. Hopefully 3 or 4 more additions to this class to come. Have to assume no Wahab for sure. Wonder what this means for Dimon Carrigan.

I like this kid as a long term prospect.

Lots of Channing Frye here. Runs well, I think he'll be an adequate rebounder / defender, good shot blocker, and he can really shoot the ball. Needs to get stronger, and improve a bit as an inside scorer. But he's got a LOT of upside -- especially if we can pair him with a Wahab or Carrigan, and give him two years to develop.

Reminds me a bit of that kid we lost to Washington / Hopkins last year, but with better shooting capabilities.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.