Class of 2021 - C Mac Etienne (CT/Brewster) Offered | Page 33 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 C Mac Etienne (CT/Brewster) Offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok that’s a harsh thing to say. Obviously it was a stupid move but made by a kid in a heated moment.
You’ve gotta be kidding me? Tell me you’re not serious!

Possible new NIL ?

1643982871185.jpeg

I believe its an apt description. Flip the bird like a normal person. Spitting on someone is revolting. And I believe it goes against Covid protocol.
It’s the ultimate coward move to do, when you know you’re not in a position to get punched in the face (which is 100% justified) in retaliation.

You’ve gotta be kidding me? Tell me you’re not serious!
I am serious. I hate that the kid….yes kid…he is still a kid….did this and it’s a disgusting act but calling him a pig. Cmon

I am serious. I hate that the kid….yes kid…he is still a kid….did this and it’s a disgusting act but calling him a pig. Cmon

100% agree but calling him a pig is not right either. He’s also a kid.
You know, you’re right. Calling him a pig is way out of line. Pigs don’t spit. Kid is clearly a disgusting camel.

Nope not a kid. He can vote for the president and legally hold any job other than president. Even if he was a kid, it's not excusable. If one of my kids ever acts like that, they'll regret it.

We want to say these guys should have the right to make millions of dollars straight of high school in the NBA and then excuse them for being idiots by saying they're kids. Can't have it both ways.

Last edited:
100% agree but calling him a pig is not right either. He’s also a kid.

Second year in school as he was an early enrollee. There is no being in the right or lack of fairness here for Mac. He gets to own whatever criticism thrown at him for that act.

Nope not a kid. He can vote for the president and legally hold any job aside other than president. Even if he was a kid it's not excusable. If one of my kids ever acts like that, they'll regret it.

We want to say these guys should have the right to make millions of dollars straight of high school in the NBA and then excuse them for being idiots by saying they're kids. Can't have it both ways.

He spit. It was dumb. Fan likely said something obnoxious. He will be punished for it. Let's take it easie with the holier than thou comments though. He's not serial killer. Athletes have done far, far worse off camera. And yes a 'right' to make big money is based on unusual skill and attributes which 99.999% of us don't have. No one is giving the coin of out the kindness of their hearts. Supply and demand. He's still a 19 or 20 year old kid and people of that age do less than ideal things (many far worse than spitting) all the time...

He spit. It was dumb. Fan likely said something obnoxious. He will be punished for it. Let's take it easie with the holier than thou comments though. He's not serial killer. Athletes have done far, far worse off camera. And yes a 'right' to make big money is based on unusual skill and attributes which 99.999% of us don't have. No one is giving the coin of out the kindness of their hearts. Supply and demand. He's still a 19 or 20 year old kid and people of that age do less than ideal things (many far worse than spitting) all the time...
I said nothing about people earning money because of skill or because it's out of the goodness of someones heart. Adults have the right to earn and control their own money. Kids don't. That's why there are laws regulating it with regards to kids.

He's not a kid. He's a young adult.

And when did it become "holier than thou" to hold people to a minimum standard? Just because some people do worse doesn't mean it's ok to be a jerk. Relativism is stupid.

Last edited:
Nope not a kid. He can vote for the president and legally hold any job other than president. Even if he was a kid, it's not excusable. If one of my kids ever acts like that, they'll regret it.

You had me until that last part.
Yes, you CAN have it both ways, IMO.
He can be a “kid” or young man or whatever, but still have done something stupid like lash out and spit at a fan. Those 2 things, along with his “making millions of dollars right out of hs”, can be mutually exclusive.
You see pressure affect young entertainers and those in the public spotlight, all the time. It’s par for the course. As they get older, they hopefully learn and mature, and eventually straighten up. Doesn’t mean their behavior should be excused or dismissed- consequences are important for learning. But it also doesn’t make them the 2nd coming of Adolf either. It can be both.

Last edited:
I don’t know how anyone could be so confident with spit target accuracy.

Mac’s like, “You know I’m surgical with this….”

You had me until that last part.
Yes, you CAN have it both ways, IMO.
He can be a “kid” or young man or whatever, but still have done something stupid like lash out and spit at a fan. Those 2 things, along with his “making millions of dollars right out of hs”, can be mutually exclusive.
You see pressure affect young entertainers and those in the public spotlight, all the time. It’s par for the course. As they get older, they hopefully learn and mature, and eventually straighten up. Doesn’t mean their behavior should be excused or dismissed- consequences are important for learning. But it also doesn’t make them the 2nd coming of Adolf either. It can be both.
I think you misread what I said. Clearly adults do stupid things all the time. What I said was you can't expect to be considered an adult so that you can be paid like one and then expect to have your actions explained away by simply saying he's a kid. You're either an adult or a kid. He's an adult.

I’m not saying I dont make mistakes at age 35 right now but at age 19-20, they were a lot more “kid like”.
Calling anyone a pig is wrong. Point blank. A cop, a “kid”, young man…anyone.

Also spitting on or at someone is wrong too.

I’m not saying I dont make mistakes at age 35 right now but at age 19-20, they were a lot more “kid like”.

Disgusting pig.

If Etienne dropped an f bomb on a fan, that would be wrong. If he gave a fan the middle finger, that would be wrong. If he tossed a drink on a fan, that would be wrong.

Spitting on someone is a whole different level of offensive behavior. In any other situation it would justify violent retaliation. It’s way beyond wrong.

Ok that’s a harsh thing to say. Obviously it was a stupid move but made by a kid in a heated moment.
i think maybe you could get away with the “heated moment” excuse if it happened one time, ok maybe...but the fact that he tried spitting on someone in two separate occasions, makes this beyond excusable. It’s not just wrong, it’s low and disgusting.

Definitely dogged a bullet with this guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom