Class of 2016 - C Omer Yurtseven (Turkey) Transfer from NC State to Georgetown | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 C Omer Yurtseven (Turkey) Transfer from NC State to Georgetown

CuseMan4

Starter
Don't feel comfortable naming my source because I don't know if this is suppose to be on the down low but Omer visited this past weekend. Might not play college ball but very interesting that he visited because he is a top 30 player and is 6-11 from Turkey.

Don't feel comfortable naming my source because I don't know if this is suppose to be on the down low but Omer visited this past weekend. Might not play college ball but very interesting that he visited because he is a top 30 player and is 6-11 from Turkey.

Interesting... Heard about this kid for some time as well, from what Ive heard hes a consolation prize to Bolden for UK or Duke but things change.rapidly. Fact he visisted says a lot.

"At 6-11, 230-pounds, Yurtseven is a 17 year old promising player for Fenerbahce Basketbol Subesi in Istanbul. There are possible questions about his amateurism, but Yurtseven appears intent on playing college basketball in America next year."

Would have to make sure they there are no questions about it based on SU's recent history with the NCAA.

th

Imagine a lineup of Battle, Richardson, Lydon, Yurtseven, Chukwu

6'6
6'6
6'8
7'0
7'2
I would rather have a senior Roberson over this kid for one year. He is tall, but not overly athletic or tough.

Looks tough to me in this video. Has a back to the basket game as well.
That video is better than the one I saw. But I don't think he would be good on the wing of the zone.

He's projected as a borderline lottery pick for 2017. You take those anyway you can get them.
I agree, the more talent the better. But, where are his minutes? Center? Who sits to get him 20 minutes per game?

I agree, the more talent the better. But, where are his minutes? Center? Who sits to get him 20 minutes per game?

Just a guess based on the highlight video shown above (which means its an uneducated guess) but I'd imagine that if Syracuse takes him it means the coaches think he is better than at least one or possibly both of Chukwu and Coleman.

We could potentially take both he and Thompson, or he an another 5th year transfer, even with Richardson coming back.

http://imgix.At their request, this network is being blocked from this site./158/1589313.jpg?w=200&h=200&fit=crop&crop=faces
Omer Yurtseven
Fenerbahçe Basketbol SubesiIstanbul, Turkey
6'11" / 230 lbs
  • C RANKNR
  • INTERESTS11
Analysis
Omer Yurtseven, a 6-foot-11 sturdy post prospect, is an impressive scoring post prospect. He's equipped with good hands and impressive touch around the basket. When he posts up he favors a right jump hook over his left shoulder. But it doesn't stop there. He does a good job of securing good post position on the block and finishes well with either hand at the rim. He can also face up and make a mid-range jump shot. His form and shot mechanics are good. Now his range doesn't extend deep, but with time and effort, he'll eventually be able to step out further. Yurtseven, although not an explosive athlete, is deceptive athletically, as he moves fluidly, runs hard and gets off the ground better than you'd expect on first glance. While his frame isn't overly thick, he does have a wide base and has a solid build. Yurtseven does a very good job rebounding his area and is especially effective as an offensive rebounder, as he pursues put back opportunities.

CLOSE

Just a guess based on the highlight video shown above (which means its an uneducated guess) but I'd imagine that if Syracuse takes him it means the coaches think he is better than at least one or possibly both of Chukwu and Coleman.

We could potentially take both he and Thompson, or he an another 5th year transfer, even with Richardson coming back.
If he could come in and be better than Coleman and/or Chukwu, then by all means. He is very thin, and very young, if he were to face the men in the ACC, he would have issues. That is my guess. I say bring him in, if he wants to come and let him compete for minutes. But from the videos I have watched, I don't see him displacing current players.

If he could come in and be better than Coleman and/or Chukwu, then by all means. He is very thin, and very young, if he were to face the men in the ACC, he would have issues. That is my guess. I say bring him in, if he wants to come and let him compete for minutes. But from the videos I have watched, I don't see him displacing current players.

You don't see a projected lottery pick coming in and stealing minutes from the incumbents?

Seriously?

RF2044 said:
You don't see a projected lottery pick coming in and stealing minutes from the incumbents? Seriously?
hard to judge from 1 video but this guys a potential lottery pick??

You don't see a projected lottery pick coming in and stealing minutes?
Honestly, just looking at the videos, I see potential. I am not a talent evaluator or a coach, but he is fairly skilled and tall, but lacks strength. Perfectly understandable at his age. I would love to see him come to SU and develop. However, next year's team is stacked. I don't think that he would see the kind of minutes that he might want. There are 40 minutes at center. What is the split there? And how do you think he would fare against the opposing centers in the ACC? He could put on 30lbs in the next few months, I am just judging by what I see, and often I am wrong.

It will take him a whole year to learn to play the zone. Big men hardly ever excel here in their first year.

Honestly, just looking at the videos, I see potential. I am not a talent evaluator or a coach, but he is fairly skilled and tall, but lacks strength. Perfectly understandable at his age. I would love to see him come to SU and develop. However, next year's team is stacked. I don't think that he would see the kind of minutes that he might want. There are 40 minutes at center. What is the split there? And how do you think he would fare against the opposing centers in the ACC? He could put on 30lbs in the next few months, I am just judging by what I see, and often I am wrong.

How did Brice Johnson fare as a skinny guy playing against the opposing centers in the ACC? This kid is tremendously skilled. Looks like he has outstanding shot blocking and back to the basket offensive skills. The projection looks deserved to me based upon the tools.

How did Brice Johnson fare as a skinny guy playing against the opposing centers in the ACC? This kid is tremendously skilled. Looks like he has outstanding shot blocking and back to the basket offensive skills. The projection looks deserved to me based upon the tools.
In 10 minutes per game, Brice Johnson scored 5.4 points and grabbed 3 rebounds per game. I would take that, and the minutes are about what I would expect. If the production could be the same, then that would be great.

In 10 minutes per game, Brice Johnson scored 5.4 points and grabbed 3 rebounds per game. I would take that, and the minutes are about what I would expect. If the production could be the same, then that would be great.

Orangefog... this guy is universally regarded by NBA scouts as being a high prospective draft pick. You'll forgive me if I weigh those opinions more than yours on a video you saw.

He wouldn't sit if he came here. He's a lot better than you're giving him credit for, and he would shatter those stat projections if he did come here. This is a one-and-done caliber player, not some role player who would be parked on the bench. Again, don't take my word for it--there's lots of material about this kid out there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom