Class of 2017 - C/PF Moustapha Diagne (NJ) to Western Kentucky | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 C/PF Moustapha Diagne (NJ) to Western Kentucky

He would be a nice get. But I don't get why JB doesn't go after the really great players like Diallo. Why concede those players to UK,KU, UNC, etc.?
You don't ignore top 25 options with the upside of Diagne to settle in on fighting it out with UK and others for Diallo. Gotta keep all options open. Diagne has visited SU twice already and Red has been to Pope John to see him workout multiple times already. Diallo's HS coach, who is handling his recruitment has never sent any of his players to SU. So the relationship over there might not be the best to our advantage. Plus who is to say that Diallo will be better than Diagne over the next 4-5 years?

You don't ignore top 25 options with the upside of Diagne to settle in on fighting it out with UK and others for Diallo. Gotta keep all options open. Diagne has visited SU twice already and Red has been to Pope John to see him workout multiple times already. Diallo's HS coach, who is handling his recruitment has never sent any of his players to SU. So the relationship over there might not be the best to our advantage. Plus who is to say that Diallo will be better than Diagne over the next 4-5 years?

Is there a career arc you could see Diagne having that you can compare to?

Plus, offering Diagne doesn't mean we're out for Diallo.

He would be a nice get. But I don't get why JB doesn't go after the really great players like Diallo. Why concede those players to UK,KU, UNC, etc.?
There's a method to such supposed madness. See Rick Jackson and Arinze Onuaku

Ah, both hands. For those lonely nights at sea. :)
0406-warren-sapp-tmz-1.jpg

Not a bad one. Similar size, Diagne can use both hands though and moves better laterally than The Ruler.

F, do you see Diagne having the kind of career that the Ruler had. The Ruler started out slowly, but by the end of his tenure at SU, he was a force on the boards and could score with both hands. I believe he was BEDPOY his senior year ... pretty nice resume' item (not that it helped him with the NBA, which was busy Drafting/Stashing that year).

F, do you see Diagne having the kind of career that the Ruler had. The Ruler started out slowly, but by the end of his tenure at SU, he was a force on the boards and could score with both hands. I believe he was BEDPOY his senior year ... pretty nice resume' item (not that it helped him with the NBA, which was busy Drafting/Stashing that year).
Most definitely. I think he'll be BMK like as far as defense and motor is concern from the get go. It might take some time for him to get adjusted to the comp offensively at first, but once he does I would expect something like we saw with The Ruler in the post.

Most definitely. I think he'll be BMK like as far as defense and motor is concern from the get go. It might take some time for him to get adjusted to the comp offensively at first, but once he does I would expect something like we saw with The Ruler in the post.

That's a big upside. Seems like every year I'm begging the guards to feed the post!! They need the ball on the low block to get reps and develop moves and confidence. Give the bigs some LOVE>

I've never seen him play but if the comparisons are to Rick Jackson then I'm in. Bring it!

In all my years of watching SU B'ball, there is no player I enjoyed watching work in the low post than Rick Jackson. Can we have another?:)

"@PopeJohnBasketball: Hall of Fame Syracuse Coach Boeheim coming to open gym to see Moustapha Diagne today. #cuse #HOFer #pjbball"

Back on the trail
Awesome, id love an early commitment from this dude. Real high motor and I dig that.

Awesome, id love an early commitment from this dude. Real high motor and I dig that.

So to this point - Bryant, Diallo, Diagne, Lydon, and Silva have been offered for the front court. Landing two of these guys and Jones and Richardson would be brilliant.

So to this point - Bryant, Diallo, Diagne, Lydon, and Silva have been offered for the front court. Landing two of these guys and Jones and Richardson would be brilliant.
I would love to get bryant and diagne. Definitely Jones. And then a good 2 guard. Malachi would be nice. If he likes IU him and his sweet 16 ring.

Syracuse's needs for this class are a center and a forward who fits our system. Anyone else brought in on top of that should be a difference maker, and not just someone to fill a hole.

If Syracuse landed Diagne and Bryant (who I think fits our system better than Jones) I'd be thrilled no matter who else came or did not come.

My ideal class would be Diagne, Bryant, Richardson.

Syracuse's needs for this class are a center and a forward who fits our system. Anyone else brought in on top of that should be a difference maker, and not just someone to fill a hole.

If Syracuse landed Diagne and Bryant (who I think fits our system better than Jones) I'd be thrilled no matter who else came or did not come.

My ideal class would be Diagne, Bryant, Richardson.
I tend to agree that a 6'6'' sf isn't what our system needs or demands. I just want him because his take is super exciting. If he can be a 2 guard here then we will win the world.

Diagne = unconventional scrapper
We have had guys the likes of Josh Pace that have the knack for converting tough shots in the lane, being in the right place at the right time, etc. Imagine a 6'9 that can do this. He's going to be fun to watch and will be a fan favorite wherever he goes.

I remember hating him and the frustration he caused RC early in a game last year. Roberson ended up figuring him out, coming on strong but if I were a Pope John fan, I would have been loving this guy's game.

Shotblocker
High motor as mentioned
Pretty quick up and down the court for a big man and decent athletic ability
Seems ambidextrous

All good things.

Diagne = unconventional scrapper
We have had guys the likes of Josh Pace that have the knack for converting tough shots in the lane, being in the right place at the right time, etc. Imagine a 6'9 that can do this. He's going to be fun to watch and will be a fan favorite wherever he goes.

I remember hating him and the frustration he caused RC early in a game last year. Roberson ended up figuring him out, coming on strong but if I were a Pope John fan, I would have been loving this guy's game.

Shotblocker
High motor as mentioned
Pretty quick up and down the court for a big man and decent athletic ability
Seems ambidextrous

All good things.

he looks like a stronger more explosive bmk to me. love his length and athleticism.