Class of 2017 - C/PF Moustapha Diagne (NJ) to Western Kentucky | Page 43 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 C/PF Moustapha Diagne (NJ) to Western Kentucky

Rodriquez dunking wild on anyone and everyone. I missed a bit of the 3rd and just lost the stream for a sec. We gone?

30 point lead now. Clinic of passing going on. Pope John. Respect.
6964033.jpg

Jeromy Rodriguez is putting on a show. Must have at least 4 dunks but most likely more. Now Rance scores from Zignorski. Matt Z is a creative passer. Always finds the cutter.

Pure basketball. Tons of assists, spread out between many distributors. 56-25 going into the 4th quarter.

PJ just rolling right now, full court pressure and all over the court. Up 23-5. Diagne just missed another outside shot this one on the far baseline. iommi you ain't kidding man. One of the commentators really just prounounced "Zhhhhhhhiang". Hard on the zh business. Good times. :)

If he were Chinese, it would be jeng. He's clearly not.;)

Rodriguez had a great no look pass but mucked up a windmill dunk at the end. Starters are done for the day. I missed a bunch of this game, but Diagne had a good enough game. So many players involved from Rodriguez to Diagne to Rance to Zinorski and Scott has at least 14. Great team effort by Pope John. Moustapha is their leader and best player but they really have 6 weapons, probably the best 6th man in the state in Matt Z.

Rodriguez had a great no look pass but mucked up a windmill dunk at the end. Starters are done for the day. I missed a bunch of this game, but Diagne had a good enough game. So many players involved from Rodriguez to Diagne to Rance to Zinorski and Scott has at least 14. Great team effort by Pope John. Moustapha is their leader and best player but they really have 6 weapons, probably the best 6th man in the state in Matt Z.

I saw the first half. Diagne was fine. He uses his size well and knows how to maneuver around the basket. He took two or three deep jumpers. I know he can make them but they weren't good shots. His shot blocking presence puts a tremendous fear into the opposition; all sorts of short-armed shots.

Diagne didn't need to do more than he did in this one. This game was a total mismatch.

Pope John is literally putting out their 4th line of players. This is Checking 3, I believe. Might be Power Play 2, though. Only time will tell. :)

I saw the first half. Diagne was fine. He uses his size well and knows how to maneuver around the basket. He took two or three deep jumpers. I know he can make them but they weren't good shots. His shot blocking presence puts a tremendous fear into the opposition; all sorts of short-armed shots.

Diagne didn't need to do more than he did in this one. This game was a total mismatch.
On the nosey, my friend.

Francis: any clue if Diagne is 6'8"...or 6'9"...has he been officially measured at a camp? Just curious...thanks.

Measured at 6'8 with shoes on last summer at the LeBron Camp. His wingspan is around 7'3, which makes up for him being a little undersized height wise in the middle.
Oof...6-foot-8 with shoes? That's like Danny Fortson size in the post. Obviously that can work for a guy like Danny Fortson, or DeJuan Blair. But it's not idea for a guy who might play the 5. But the wingspan is certainly a plus.

Oof...6-foot-8 with shoes? That's like Danny Fortson size in the post. Obviously that can work for a guy like Danny Fortson, or DeJuan Blair. But it's not idea for a guy who might play the 5. But the wingspan is certainly a plus.
how tall was Otis Hill w shoes? 68? he had a great SU career. but MD needs to put on a little weight to get into OH territory imo?

Diagne ended up with 10 points, 5 rebounds and 1 assist. As iommi mentioned, he did his work in the first half and this game was a laugher early, didn't need him to dominate. He also sat more in the second half, due to a 3rd foul picked up early and that they were up by 30+ points. Pope John had a bunch of guys do damage both with open court looks and great passing. Rodriguez and Scott each had 16 and Rance added another 10 points.

Fun statistics of the night. 8 guys had assists for PJ. 4 players had 2 or more dimes and a total of 13 players saw the floor. ;)

RC also took care of business today beating St. Ant's. Newark Tech plays Camden tomorrow and Patterson Eastside is also playing for another spot in the TOC. Mix in a few other teams, but I am guessing RC and Pope John get first round byes, could very well meet each other in the final as predicted by most of us who follow NJ high school basketball. Really fun season so far and if there's a team who can keep up with Roselle Catholic, PJ would be it.

6'8" is plenty tall enough for a top shelf post player in college, especially with a 7'3" wingspan. The lack of size might limit his NBA prospects, but I don't see it as a cause for concern in the college game.