Class of 2017 - C/PF Moustapha Diagne (NJ) to Western Kentucky | Page 45 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 C/PF Moustapha Diagne (NJ) to Western Kentucky

Newark Tech with the slight upset of Patterson Eastside which means Pope John gets to play a 6 seed instead of the 3 seed.
http://highschoolsports.nj.com/game/score/2843657/
Juiston had a good game, scored in the 20s as did Mustafa Lawrence of Newark Tech. Truth be told, seeds mean nothing. This Newark Tech team's record is 16-13 and that means absolutely nothing. ;) Their schedule was a who's who of NJ basketball so respect to them and anything can happen in the PJ game.

By the way, these two teams have met, with Pope John pulling off a 1 point win at PJ. So let's dance!
Should be a good one indeed. PJ only won by a point in their only meeting this season.

Well, there's no live feed link yet but I wrote this up anyway, with a link to where the live feed WILL be. I'm also going to try to embed the live video into this article later: http://.com/moustapha-diagne-set-to-lead-pope-john-in-toc-semis/

EDIT: Well, that was quick. Video link is up, and embedded in that article now.

Last edited:
Well, there's no live feed link yet but I wrote this up anyway, with a link to where the live feed WILL be. I'm also going to try to embed the live video into this article later: http://.com/moustapha-diagne-set-to-lead-pope-john-in-toc-semis/

EDIT: Well, that was quick. Video link is up, and embedded in that article now.
Thanks man. Believe me, it's on! The lower seeds had an extra day off, but either way, I think both of these matchups will be interesting. Some really big names in these semis:
  • Moustapha Diagne
  • Matt Zignorski (very underrated imo)
  • Jeromy Rodriguez - phenomenal rebounder, passer for a forward, finishes well around the rim.
  • Isaiah Briscoe
  • Chris Silva
  • Moustapha Lawrence from Newark Tech
  • CJ Webb (made a bunch of threes leading up to this tournament)
  • Little and Holloway of Paulsboro - these two should give Briscoe and company a run for their dirty Cal money, but we'll see. :)

RC up 80-22 now. It's the way it should be. If PJ can hold up their end of the bargain, face each other in the final, a fitting end to this season. I think Pope John and TCA are/were the only teams to compete with Roselle Catholic. Get it done, Moustapha!
SUball

RC up 80-22 now. It's the way it should be. If PJ can hold up their end of the bargain, face each other in the final, a fitting end to this season. I think Pope John and TCA are/were the only teams to compete with Roselle Catholic. Get it done, Moustapha!
SUball

Just turned on the feed, ouch... I really want to see Moustapha play RC because I haven't seen a game, only his highlights.

RC emptied their bench this entire 4th quarter. I was always a fan of the RC coach. Got it done these many past years, players seem to respond well to him.

SUball
The kids from Linden that beat them twice would disagree, but I hear ya. If PJ makes it to the finals, the key will be to contain Zeke Briscoe somewhat. Can't do it one on one so it'll have to be by committee. King Moustapha vs Silva will be a good heavyweight matchup as well.

The kids from Linden that beat them twice would disagree, but I hear ya. If PJ makes it to the finals, the key will be to contain Zeke Briscoe somewhat. Can't do it one on one so it'll have to be by committee. King Moustapha vs Silva will be a good heavyweight matchup as well.
Good call about Linden :)
And completely agree about Pope John. Guards will have to step up to contain him. See a lot more zone from them if they make the finals.

PJ is down 10-5 early. A little rusty. Diagne had one nice conversion in the low post. Either blocked or altered one but a little sloppy. 10-9 now.