Class of 2020 - C Quincy Ballard (NY) Transferring from FSU to Wichita St | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 C Quincy Ballard (NY) Transferring from FSU to Wichita St

Yep, agree. Cusesky does a great job scouring the internet for tweets/vids but there’s literally less than 2 minutes of this kid playing ball and it’s posted by his mom. Unless Mike has seen this kid in person or has talked to staff that said he’s a top 100 kid, I think it’s all hyperbole.

The offer list of Cuse, FSU, Maryland and Cincy tells me all I need to know; you can also tell that there is some very good athleticism for a kid that big.
He's paid to be a homer. Not a lot of people going to want to pay for a subscription to have the head writer be a human embodiment of the Tape thread.

This is one of the craziest developments I have ever seen. In the year 2020 a seven foot 246 pound kid from Syracuse suddenly appears out of nowhere and gets numerous high major offers. It’s like somehow this kid was exempt from the Internet for the last two years. If you told me that this was an April fools joke I would believe you.
And the beautiful thing is as of yesterday I had never heard of this kid. Now I am eagerly and anxiously looking forward to Saturday at noon.
If there was ever a time in history where a kid shot up the recruiting rankings (or draft charts) it would be right now when you aren't able to validate his skills in person. It's not like this kid is from some class D in the sticks. He is from Syracuse NY and trained with one of stars of our only national championship team. And still 99% of the people have never heard of him. Hopefully Saturday at noon will wrap up our recruiting for the season.

He's paid to be a homer. Not a lot of people going to want to pay for a subscription to have the head writer be a human embodiment of the Tape thread.
I know he’s doing his job, but just agreeing to take his comments with a grain of salt

If there was ever a time in history where a kid shot up the recruiting rankings (or draft charts) it would be right now when you aren't able to validate his skills in person. It's not like this kid is from some class D in the sticks. He is from Syracuse NY and trained with one of stars of our only national championship team. And still 99% of the people have never heard of him. Hopefully Saturday at noon will wrap up our recruiting for the season.
I believe there is still a scholarship available for a guard

This thread blew up overnight. Anything substantial or more speculation?
High level:

- kid is from Syracuse
- offers from FSU, Maryland, Cincinnati, Cuse and a few mid majors
- will announce tomorrow at noon
- no one seems to have an idea where he’s leaning but it sounds like him being from here may give us a leg up
- once it was announced we offered, he set his decision at noon tomorrow (take of that what you will)

High level:

- kid is from Syracuse
- no one seems to have an idea where he’s leaning but it sounds like him being from here may give us a leg up
- once it was announced we offered, he set his decision at noon tomorrow (take of that what you will)

Pretty sure that commitment time was in place before we offered

High level:

- kid is from Syracuse

Thanks. Next season would put 3 Cs on the roster with Sidibe, Edwards and Ballard should he commit. Is someone going to RS? Lastly, although do you want to cast a wide net, reaching out to this kid (despite the high major offers he's received), means that the staff isn't too confident in their ability to land the transfer from Purdue. I imagine that he wants to play at a university that affords him the opportunity to play deep into March as the Boilermakers did in 2019.

GoOrangeQuincyIj9GoTLaTlYM.gif

I'm wondering if JBA can play the 4 at some point for us. Kid legitimately can shoot the 3 ball for a big kid. Not sure how decent he is at putting the ball on the floor but maybe he can fill that role some down the road.
i'm skeptical, but he did look really good in the midnight madness skills challenge

Yeah, wow! Is that Billy Edelin looks like now? I guess we've all gotten older.

He doesn't look so much old as unwell. He is what 35? I don't want to speculate but he had a rep and history while here. I hope he straightened himself out but the photo leaves a lot to be questioned.

High level:

- kid is from Syracuse
just have to point out that all information may be coming from his mom. his biggest offer was from missouri state until he popped out of nowhere on the net. hopefully its legit but the hairs on my neck are still a little tingly . . .

just have to point out that all information may be coming from his mom. his biggest offer was from missouri state until he popped out of nowhere on the net. hopefully its legit but the hairs on my neck are still a little tingly . . .

That's a good point.

Personally, I think Edwards might end up as a 4.

I think they both could have the ability to be interchangeable if we can find a legitimate 5 that has size. I think JBA has more of an ability to put the ball on the floor and shoot, which makes it easier for him to play the wing.

Fab Melo, Arinze Onuaku, Rick Jackson all had meat on their bones. Christmas did by his junior/senior year but prior to that started seasons as the starting wing before Coleman got hurt.

This is one of the craziest developments I have ever seen. In the year 2020 a seven foot 246 pound kid from Syracuse suddenly appears out of nowhere and gets numerous high major offers. It’s like somehow this kid was exempt from the Internet for the last two years. If you told me that this was an April fools joke I would believe you.
And the beautiful thing is as of yesterday I had never heard of this kid. Now I am eagerly and anxiously looking forward to Saturday at noon.
Agreed. It's like landing Sidd Finch.

I think they both could have the ability to be interchangeable if we can find a legitimate 5 that has size. I think JBA has more of an ability to put the ball on the floor and shoot, which makes it easier for him to play the wing.

Fab Melo, Arinze Onuaku, Rick Jackson all had meat on their bones. Christmas did by his junior/senior year but prior to that started seasons as the starting wing before Coleman got hurt.

What do you mean by "ability?"

I'm not sure that JBA has the lateral mobility to effectively play the wing, but Edwards does. JBA can certainly shoot, which is why I think some project him to the 4.

The FSU offer is legit. Not sure about Cincy or Maryland