Calling on all corners of the OTTO-Man Empire, a tribute to Dan Johnson | Syracusefan.com

Calling on all corners of the OTTO-Man Empire, a tribute to Dan Johnson

brandokc

All Conference
Orangeyes reach was larger than Hakim Warrick's wingspan, Larry Csonka's stiff arms and of course Virginia Tech's trophy case.
A fitting tribute to the man that touched so many would be to post pictures of us representing the Orange across the country and globe. A permanent online record of Dan's legacy if you will.

I'll start off with a picture in Kansas City at the College Basketball Experience.

207547_1050531943024_1010_n_zps5a92813e.jpg

brandokc said:
Orangeyes reach was larger than Hakim Warrick's wingspan, Larry Csonka's stiff arms and of course Virginia Tech's trophy case.
A fitting tribute to the man that touched so many would be to post pictures of us representing the Orange across the country and globe. A permanent online record of Dan's legacy if you will.

I'll start off with a picture in Kansas City at the College Basketball Experience.

Me in Old Forge.

ForumRunner_20140713_154200.png

Didn't take a picture but was at Stockton College in Galloway, NJ (~20 mins from Atlantic City) this past weekend for junior olympic regionals. Obviously my car rolls in (from PA) with and SU sticker on it but imagine my surprise when I look up in the stands to see and SU tent set up. Was a team there from Rochester so may have been them but as I was walking with my 2 year old and following my 13 year old I never did find who was responsible for that beauty.

mountaincuse said:
Every game before walking in we jump and touch the helmet. From now on, I'll still do so but stick a post it note on it that says "War Damn Orangeyes".

Bumping an old thread, but a good one.

I still plan to do this today, but wanted to make sure those who new Dan best felt he would be ok with it. I wonder if some would consider it to be defacing the statute (though it's non permanent), and definitely want to make sure Dan would be ok with it.

Last edited:
mountaincuse said:
Bumping an old thread, but a good one.

I still plan to do this today, but wanted to make sure those who new Dan best felt he would be ok with it. I wonder if some would consider it to be defacing the statute (though it's non permanent), and definitely want to make sure Dan would be ok with it.

Well, I did it and wish I had a picture to show.

There was a small Orange post it note on the helmet that read "war damn orangeyes".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom