Can you imagine Saban or Dabo saying this? | Syracusefan.com

Can you imagine Saban or Dabo saying this?

StanCuse44

Scout Team
"I think it's more a desire than pressure, that we'd like to get back there and like to bring home another trophy,'' head coach John Desko said of the urgency to win a title. "The game has changed a little bit. There's a lot of competition going on out there. You can just see in the national rankings some teams that are up there that haven't been there in the past. All we really need to focus on is getting better. I think you're going to see some younger players get on the field for us relatively early. Our strength of schedule this year is very high. So, I'm hoping what doesn't kill us will make us stronger by the end of the year.''

Wow. Lowering the bar much? Wth... F

This sounds like a coaching staff that's getting a bit too comfy.

Edit: And/or maybe they're warning us that we're not very good this year so temper expectations. Either way it sucks.

Last edited:
i didn't think so at all when I watched the presser. the question posed to him was something along the lines of "do you feel a sense of urgency to win a title"

Last edited:
i didn't think at all when I watched the presser. the question posed to him was something along the lines of "do you feel a sense of urgency to win a title"
I'll have to watch the presser. I know that coaches use "coach speak" to avoid saying too much but that quote just jumped out at me. Hopefully I just read too much into it.

Regardless of the nuances of the most recent press conference, Desko has made a lot of excuses over the past half decade, has not recruited very consistently (SU has almost become an afterthought for many Native American players and he and the staff have made some very poor evaluations of talent) and he appears to have been outworked and out-thought by a number of his peers. I don't know how anyone could be happy about the direction this program has been heading.

Without seeing the presser, my guess is that Desko is using this as motivation. The best players will be on the field, everyone gets their chance to earn playing time. HCDB's philosophy. Just an opinion.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom