Can't watch anymore of this. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Can't watch anymore of this.

I don't want to pile on as I am not so emotionally attached to the football team as a lot of you are. However, I still watch every game. It's like the Bills. I root for them but it's not like when I watch my Giants. Anyways, you can see the talent discrepancy, even against a middling team like VT. It's possible they don't win another game this season, then the BOT might have a discussion. But I don't think people should stop supporting the program.

I don't want to pile on as I am not so emotionally attached to the football team as a lot of you are. However, I still watch every game. It's like the Bills. I root for them but it's not like when I watch my Giants. Anyways, you can see the talent discrepancy, even against a middling team like VT. It's possible they don't win another game this season, then the BOT might have a discussion. But I don't think people should stop supporting the program.

I don't think should stop supporting the team but I absolutely think they should stop supporting mediocrity or below even.

I don't think SU should stop supporting the program. Keeping Dino is showing they don't really care.

I wont stop supporting the program as long as Wildhack doesnt. Keeping Babers at this point is giving up on the program.

I thought I would be the hot headed anomaly. I am seeing dozens of people cancelling trips to BC or Pitt. Not sure if this is what Wildhack is going for but if he reads this board, he is succeeding if he is.

Agree. That said, sit down for this kids, doesn’t matter who we have here, we’re never gonna be great again. Never. Not given The new paradigm of college football.

I say that believe it, or not not to be a downer, but to lessen the pain. Don’t have the horses, don’t have the money to pay for better horses. For example our nil pool is 3 mil others are 7-11mil. And not to mention all the external factors out of one’s control (geographic non-football playing loving location, private school, etc.).

No, it shouldn’t be this bad, and he should be fired just for his complete ineptitude and lack of fire or desire, but it is what it is kids. The sooner we come to this realization, the better it will be for emotional sanity. I’ll still follow, etc. but investing nearly zero emotion now going forward.

Last edited:
I don't think SU should stop supporting the program. Keeping Dino is showing they don't really care.
So what happens if somehow the team eeks out two more wins and becomes bowl eligible.

Showing up to games tells SU you don’t care who the coach is or their performance. Not showing up says there’s some accountability. It’s been 8 years. We aren’t moving forward.

Agree. That said, sit down for this kids, doesn’t matter who we have here, we’re never gonna be great again. Never. Not given The new paradigm of college football.

I say that believe it, or not not to be a downer, but to lessen the pain. Don’t have the horses, don’t have the money to pay for better horses. For example our nil pool is 3 mil others are 7-11mil.

No, it shouldn’t be this bad, and he should be fired just for his complete ineptitude and lack of fire or desire, but it is what it is kids. I’ll still follow, etc. but investing zero emotion now.
Some would argue the best route would be what Yukon is doing. Although if they ever got a chance to upgrade their football program, they probably would.

I say that believe it, or not not to be a downer, but to lessen the pain. Don’t have the horses, don’t have the money to pay for better horses. For example our nil pool is 3 mil others are 7-11mil. And not to mention all the external factors out of one’s control (geographic non-football playing loving location, private school, etc.).

No, it shouldn’t be this bad, and he should be fired just for his complete ineptitude and lack of fire or desire, but it is what it is kids. I’ll still follow, etc. but investing zero emotion now going forward.

You can lose and be enjoyable. See 2016 and 2017. We have been totally inept on O the last 5 years. FIVE.

No, it shouldn’t be this bad, and he should be fired just for his complete ineptitude and lack of fire or desire, but it is what it is kids. I’ll still follow, etc. but investing zero emotion now going forward.
Up that number. That 7-11 million is what a Tennessee is paying one QB recruit…

You can lose and be enjoyable. See 2016 and 2017. We have been totally inept on O the last 5 years. FIVE.
Yeah that can improve a bit overall, but the OL never will to good enough to make enough of a dent. And I mean never.

Again it’s over gang. Tonights the realization of reality. My alma mater too but for different reasons. Not worth the emotional investment in any of it to the degree we are used to. Again will still go, follow but never to the old degree.

Last edited:

This is true, but my counter would be Clawson at Wake. I think that’s what we can pray for. Someone like him.

Yeah that can improve a bit overall, but the OL never will to good enough to make enough of a dent. And I mean never.

The OL never has been, even in the 90s. We masked the OL with elusive QBs and gimmicky schemes.

That being said what we had on the OL in 2012 and 2013 would be more than good enough to get us a winning record in the ACC.

We are literally just asking not to be blown out by Vtech after a bye week in which we were already clocked the previous three weeks.

the other stuff, yeah probably true, but it isn’t this deep.

I’ve always been a Dino supporter because he was supposed to be an offensive mind who brought a fast paced, high scoring offense. I understand as an SU fan that I can’t expect national championships, but exciting and competitive games shouldn’t be too much to ask. I’ve always thought that changing coaches on a regular basis has held this team back but at this point there is no downside. Good time for a reset.