Canuck nees some advice and/or input | Syracusefan.com

Canuck nees some advice and/or input

DonLightfoot

All Conference
Looking at the upcoming schedule posted to date, it shows most of the non conference games, including madness, are being broadcast on ACCN EXTRA. My investigation indicates this is part of an arrangement with ESPN3 and Watch ESPN App. Neither of those are available here in Canada. I do get TV coverage for games shown on the ESPN networks, CBS, etc.

In recent years I've usually been able to find a streaming site to watch these games. However, they are fuzzy and jerky most of the time. At least it is better than not watching at all.

I'm looking into the possibility of arranging for a VPN source which will not show my IP as being Canadian, which would supposedly allow me to utilize the two sources noted above. These VPN locales are apparently all over the world. The one I have initially reviewed a little is "EXPRESS VPN". They have a monthly cost of about $8 or so which is fine with me if I can get several games.

Does anyone have any experience with these VPN's? Any pitfalls I should be aware of?

Thank you very much.

Avira has a VPN called Phantom, that is free.

The host country is usually Germany.

Last edited:
4389036669_4d43c744c5.jpg

if you use chrome, look for a free vpn plugin called hola

you can spoof ips from multiple countries

Won't that get a little dicey when the watch espn site asks for your cable provider...and you have to submit a password and username to verify your cable company account?

VPN won't get around that.

I'm just guessing here.

Won't that get a little dicey when the watch espn site asks for your cable provider...and you have to submit a password and username to verify your cable company account?

VPN won't get around that.

I'm just guessing here.

Ya, further investigation indicates this possible requirement. Not encouraging at this point.

Thanks guys, I will check it out further.

DO NOT USE HOLA. They are a node and it's not safe to use. There much material that has been written about that.

I have unlocator to get around the MLB.tv blackout rules because we don't have cable but I still want to watch the Mets. It's worked well for me. It's cheap.

You can also use Sling tv to get ESPN/Watch ESPN. Sign up for it with a VPN active and then you can use it.

I believe some ACC network games are shown on the Super Sports Premium Package games that are provided by our cable providers. But it's not as consistent as those shown on ESPN, ESPN 2, or ESPN U for sure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom