Carmelo officially retiring! | Syracusefan.com

Carmelo officially retiring!

Enjoy your family and your money, Melo, you earned it. I hope to see him get more and more involved with Syracuse, which seems very likely given his son is a 2025 recruit. With his help on the trail, maybe Kiyan can experience a championship too. We'd have to build an Anthony Family Shrine in Syracuse.

I remember standing behind the basket before our first exhibition in the 2003 season watching him warm up. From a distance, he looked like a full-grown man but up close facially he looked like he was 14. I'm just like "whoa this dude isn't missing a single shot."

Carmelo is just an all time favorite (for obvious reasons). Brought Syracuse the elusive Championship, I was a sophomore for his 1 year at ‘Cuse. I also love the way he played… I’ve had a reputation over the years playing ball of modeling my game after Carmelo a bit. Haha I’ve even been heard to shout “Melo!” a few times on the court before hitting a mid range face up J;)

Melo is a legend, gonna miss him, desperately wish he got that NBA championship, but he looks content & I’m happy for him as he moves on… including recruiting & promoting the Orange!

I remember standing behind the basket before our first exhibition in the 2003 season watching him warm up. From a distance, he looked like a full-grown man but up close facially he looked like he was 14. I'm just like "whoa this dude isn't missing a single shot."
I remember watching him and GMac against Memphis, and thinking “damn, these two freshman have serious swagger…we might be on to something here”. Little did I know what was in store.

I’ve never been more excited after an SU loss than after that game.

I was at that game too. I think it was general admission seating.

I think he had 37?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom