Carmelo officially retiring! | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Carmelo officially retiring!

Old Men Laughing GIF by ABC Network

I say “get up”, the older I get the less I get up myself though lol.
Yeah, I used to jump over guys 5-6 inches taller than me, but I didn't say a word, I let them stew in what just happened. Now, I am just happy I get a rebound without injury at 51.

Yeah, I used to jump over guys 5-6 inches taller than me, but I didn't say a word, I let them stew in what just happened. Now, I am just happy I get a rebound without injury and over a dead guy at 51.
FIFY

Ha, I don’t think he played one second of SG here? We had Rautins, Scoop, and Triche in the backcourt.

Wes was SF/PF here.

SF with AO at C and RickJack at the 4
PF with RJ at 5, and KrisJo at the 3.

I also don't recall a single second he ever played at SG.

Be on the lookout this week for Melo's on Sports Changes Lives, done with a partnership of and Nike.

https://www.msn.com/en-US/lifestyle...hange-lives/ar-AA1cd4a2?ocid=sapphireappshare

Some people like to claim that "Melo, the player" never reached his full potential.
But listening to him speak, so strongly, so eloquently, so purposefully...there is absolutely no doubt that "Melo, the man", has turned out to be a stellar human being. #StayMelo

Here's the thing - one of the biggest challenges he faced from day one is being drafted in the same draft class as Bron who is a top three player of all time. 2002 and it's Yao/Jay Will. If it's 2004, it's Dwight and Emeka.

The second thing is he could have, if he really wanted to, joined up on a real super team and likely got a chip. For better or worse, he didn't.

I still contend that if the 2009 WCF are played 10x, I think the Nugs win at least 4x or 5x of those times. They should have def won game 1. That series was close. Nugs would have beaten the Magic. He wins that one and his whole career is looked at differently.

He is a top 10 scorer of all time. He is a top 75 player of all time. He had the greatest one year stop in college of all time. He helped restore US Men's Olympic Team basketball.

He is a first ballot, no question, hall of famer.

The potential that people are looking for are winning a title and being measured against Bron who he was never going to be as good as.

To your other point, outside of basketball, he's a great representative for Syracuse. Awesome to see. I hope he picks JB to do his intro for the HoF.

Here's the thing - one of the biggest challenges he faced from day one is being drafted in the same draft class as Bron who is a top three player of all time. 2002 and it's Yao/Jay Will. If it's 2004, it's Dwight and Emeka.

The second thing is he could have, if he really wanted to, joined up on a real super team and likely got a chip. For better or worse, he didn't.

I still contend that if the 2009 WCF are played 10x, I think the Nugs win at least 4x or 5x of those times. They should have def won game 1. That series was close. Nugs would have beaten the Magic. He wins that one and his whole career is looked at differently.

He is a top 10 scorer of all time. He is a top 75 player of all time. He had the greatest one year stop in college of all time. He helped restore US Men's Olympic Team basketball.

He is a first ballot, no question, hall of famer.

The potential that people are looking for are winning a title and being measured against Bron who he was never going to be as good as.

To your other point, outside of basketball, he's a great representative for Syracuse. Awesome to see. I hope he picks JB to do his intro for the HoF.

Good post. Yeah that game 1 was highway robbery and should have been Denvers to which then everything changes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom