Class of 2017 - CB Aapri Washington (NC) Committed Buffalo | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 CB Aapri Washington (NC) Committed Buffalo

Thank you

Still, on that first tweet, it doesn't seem that it's for 1A players, so how is it possible he's not pre-season all-state!?!?

As I said before...that list from 8/1 isn't 1A it is all NC. Robert wasn't enrolled in an NC school at the time that list was made so he probably wasn't included.

Thank you

Still, on that first tweet, it doesn't seem that it's for 1A players, so how is it possible he's not pre-season all-state!?!?
Well, BJ Emmons is an Alabama commit, and Jordon Brown is also a highly touted RB (UNC, South Carolina, Duke, Wake, BC, Oklahoma State, NC State, West Virginia have all offered). Between that and the fact that Robert hasn't quite settled into a school, making it hard to project him as All-State since they don't know where he'll be playing or against whom, it's easy to see why he'd be left off with only two RB selected.

Thank you

There are a lot of really good running backs in NC. Thats the reason.

Emmons is an Alabama commit and top 100 prospect in the country.

Cant really explain why Jordan Brown was chosen above RW. I would guess he plays in a higher class or something. He's a decently rated back in his own right though and has some pretty good offers.

I will say that RW has more offers than both of them though but, I don't know how the stats compare. Usually all-state teams are stat based.

Well, BJ Emmons is an Alabama commit, and Jordon Brown is also a highly touted RB (UNC, South Carolina, Duke, Wake, BC, Oklahoma State, NC State, West Virginia have all offered). Between that and the fact that Robert hasn't quite settled into a school, making it hard to project him as All-State since they don't know where he'll be playing or against whom, it's easy to see why he'd be left off with only two RB selected.

Really Jek! Beat me by a couple minutes! :rolling:

I was typing mine up when you posted apparently...

As for Washington, the 5-foot-9, 160-pound junior is ranked No. 10 in his class in ’s state rankings for the Class of 2017. Washington, cousin of Syracuse running back commit Robert Washington, also picked up preseason all-state honors by NCPreps.com. He was one of four defensive backs on the team and one of 11 players on defense.“It’s an honor but now it’s time to focus on the team,” Washington said.Washington will play defensive back and quarterback for Mountain Island Charter this fall. He’s never played quarterback except in some wildcat situations.“It’s all about building up a program instead of going somewhere that’s already established,” Washington said of his decision to continue his career at Mountain Island Charter. “There’s no point of being there and they’ve already got their name. Why not go somewhere else and build it from the ground up?”The Raptors begin the season Aug. 21 at Monroe Central Tech. Mountain Island’s Southern Piedmont 1A Conference opener is Aug. 28 at home against Bessemer City.

.“It’s all about building up a program instead of going somewhere that’s already established,” “There’s no point of being there and they’ve already got their name. Why not go somewhere else and build it from the ground up?”The Raptors begin the season Aug. 21 at Monroe Central Tech. Mountain Island’s Southern Piedmont 1A Conference opener is Aug. 28 at home against Bessemer City.

Hmmmm...where have we heard that before?

As for Washington, the 5-foot-9, 160-pound junior is ranked No. 10 in his class in . . . . . . . . . . ’s state rankings for the Class of 2017. Washington, cousin of Syracuse running back commit Robert Washington, also picked up preseason all-state honors by NCPreps.com. He was one of four defensive backs on the team and one of 11 players on defense.“It’s an honor but now it’s time to focus on the team,” Washington said.Washington will play defensive back and quarterback for Mountain Island Charter this fall. He’s never played quarterback except in some wildcat situations.“It’s all about building up a program instead of going somewhere that’s already established,” Washington said of his decision to continue his career at Mountain Island Charter. “There’s no point of being there and they’ve already got their name. Why not go somewhere else and build it from the ground up?”The Raptors begin the season Aug. 21 at Monroe Central Tech. Mountain Island’s Southern Piedmont 1A Conference opener is Aug. 28 at home against Bessemer City.
This sounds like he would be leaning towards SU very hard based on the comment "It’s all about building up a program instead of going somewhere that’s already established,” Washington said" I like it, I like it.;)

This sounds like he would be leaning towards SU very hard based on the comment "It’s all about building up a program instead of going somewhere that’s already established,” Washington said" I like it, I like it.;)
Anybody know when we should expect a decision from the younger Washington? Any chance it will be this calendar year

Anybody know when we should expect a decision from the younger Washington? Any chance it will be this calendar year
Highly doubtful. I wouldn't anticipate it until next spring at the earliest.

Highly doubtful. I wouldn't anticipate it until next spring at the earliest.
I agree with you. I believe he would like to enjoy some of the perks that Robert has received and yet I think he still wants to prove what he can do on the football field.

I hope things get straightened out. My heart is broken about this mess, but it looks good having Aapri in Orange as well as Asia (beautiful young lady and awesome athlete). I am sure this is not easy on them also. Both seem like awesome young people and would love to have them both commit to SU. It is also good to see dad/rest of the family repping SU hard.

Last edited:
Robert Washington’s decommitment not swaying cousin Aapri (DO)

After four-star running back Robert Washington committed to Syracuse in April and three-star hybrid Moe Neal chose the Orange in August, speculation grew that the two Class of 2016 players would help draw in a third from North Carolina.

Aapri Washington visited campus with Neal, his close friend, and Robert, his cousin, when SU lost to Florida State last October. While news of Robert’s decommitment broke last week, Aapri said he’s still considering Syracuse...

Robert Washington’s decommitment not swaying cousin Aapri (DO)

After four-star running back Robert Washington committed to Syracuse in April and three-star hybrid Moe Neal chose the Orange in August, speculation grew that the two Class of 2016 players would help draw in a third from North Carolina.

Aapri Washington visited campus with Neal, his close friend, and Robert, his cousin, when SU lost to Florida State last October. While news of Robert’s decommitment broke last week, Aapri said he’s still considering Syracuse...
So we are still in on him or should say he is still in with us.