CB Duce Chestnut transferring to LSU | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

CB Duce Chestnut transferring to LSU

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s fair but this is also free agency on steroids, Molly, bath salts, and throw in a hooker at a truck stop. Free agency in the NFL is child’s play compared to CFB.
Wait one second, there is no hooker at the truck stop.

This just feels dirty in a bunch of ways ... the deepening corruption of college sports, a sleazy inducement from some school apparently buying a player off our roster, the effect on his teammates (especially the ones he pushed to commit), the lurch this leaves SU in for the bowl game, and the lack of loyalty from a nice young man that seemed like he was all about the 'Cuse. Really disappointing, but BOL. I don't wish him ill, just never expected this from him.

Last edited:
We all knew when the nil and transfer rules were announced it would favor the haves. The big time schools are only going to put forward proposals that benefit them. They could have years ago allowed kids to transfer if their coach left or when they graduate. Years ago they could have come up with a way for kids to get some money.
Babers said about Weitsman's $ he should use it to retain players instead of attracting recruits, sounds like he knew what was coming.
All the schools outside of the sec and big 10 should get together and vote against anything they put forward. Same thing with the playoff. The logical thing to do was to make it eight teams , each conference champ, highest ranked outside power 5 and 2 wild cards. Instead they went to 12. why because they know each of the 2 conferences is likely to get at least 3-4 spots every year. They sold it to schools like Syracuse oh well now you have a chance to make it, yeah right. We are so worried about getting left behind we are grateful for the scraps of off long shanks table (brave heart reference)

I don't know if this is about NIL money.....l think it's about something else. Chestnut had a disappointing year in my opinion.

What SU needs to do is build a roster that can compete in the ACC, for as many high end kids that transfer out, as we have seen SU can be second chance U for very talented kids that find themselves needing a fresh start.

it works both ways.

what is going to happen is the factories are going to lose their underbelly and the sport is going to have more parity. Factories aren’t going to lock in and hoard five and four stars anymore. SU if they manage it right will be a net beneficiary
I don't know. I think it still benefits the factories more. They may lose their underbelly when backups transfer out, but then they can take the best players from other teams after they over play their initial high school rating. Ultimately, the schools with the richest boosters will nab who they want, either straight out of high school or via the portal, and strengthen their position at the top.

The problem I have is the "offer" aspect.

I'm all for these players having flexibility to choose the best situation for themselves.

But I have a problem with predatory program boosters actively working behind the scenes to poach players from other teams' rosters by paying them. This is what many were concerned about when nil came up thing, and now it is manifested in less than 2 years, touring college football into out and out unregulated free agency.

I said this exact same thing and got a lot of blowback about it. There was no way it wasn’t going to happen.

Yeah while Duce was better last year, he would have still been a strong performer moving forward. That said he can be replaced on the field. To me he brought allot of value creating our NJ presence on the team and really acting as a strong conduit for other NJ recruits. Hopefully that will remain strong with Clark, Golden, etc.

Yeah while Duce was better last year, he would have still been a strong performer moving forward. That said he can be replaced on the field. To me he brought allot of value creating our NJ presence on the team and really acting as a strong conduit for other NJ recruits. Hopefully that will remain strong with Clark, Golden, etc.

Agreed. For the people trashing him in this thread, they need to step back and realize that he made Syracuse a destination location for southern New Jersey refers and transfers. For that, we should be grateful.

Sucks that he leaves, but I wish him the best.

Two teams play and if you take a rooting interest….you root against one of them.

That’s sports.

I sort of agree with this take. Now that these players are getting paid they are going to get treated as professionals. I am a St Louis Cardinal fan I cheer for the people on the Cardinals. If you aren't on the Cardinals I either don't care about you or I actively cheer against you.

The game has changed and so will the way people cheer/root for their teams.

The saddest part for me - is that you end up losing interest in the emotional attachment to players. As a kid, I idolized these guys. Now, coming and going in a year or two’s time, you don’t even have the time to develop the attachment.

That was some of the most fun of football for me, rooting for the players that you loved. I feel like the next generation won’t get to experience that part of it.
Right. Senior Day in 10 years is going to end up being a buncha guys that hadnt even been on campus for a year.

So, will your parent be on hand for your 3rd grade moving up ceremony in June.
I just wish more people would be honest. I guess some of us are just bigger fans of SU football than you are. This one obviously hurts deeper for me. I can't root for someone that quits on us. I guess you wish people good luck when they use you.

Status
Not open for further replies.