Class of 2022 - CB Jayden Bellamy (NJ) TRANSFERRING FROM NOTRE DAME TO SYRACUSE (12/16/22) | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 CB Jayden Bellamy (NJ) TRANSFERRING FROM NOTRE DAME TO SYRACUSE (12/16/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.
rutgers people will claim they didn’t want him that bad even though his dad Jay Bellamy was one of the best DB’s in their program history and played in the NFL. Lmao
Which is hilarious because not only did they think they were getting Bellamy out of high school, they thought they were getting him in the portal. They suddenly didn't have room for him after getting a backup from Kent State to commit.

I heard somewhere that most transfers in the portal wind up closer to their homes. If so, Monroe focusing on NJ players is smart.
You do get homesick and it only gets worse when you find out you were sold a bill of goods and either aren't playing much, got recruited over, or don't like the campus life and/or don't like the coaching staff.

Moving closer to home enables the support team from home better access and also your second school is likely a better fit for you because you know better on what to look for, what questions to ask, and which red flags to look out for.

Coaches absolutely know this and know which players are more likely to come due to proximity to home. Much harder sell to the transfer from somewhere like Nebraska who is originally from California or Texas vs someone from NJ. But as always you pursue those critical needs and hard sell when needed.

It would appear that we're replacing our outgoing DB transfers with more talented (or I should at least say much more coveted out of HS) incoming DB transfers.

Good, no?
Yes, to be honest, I would make this trade all day long. We will see in time..

Ok, now we have portal kids. We really need to step up our investments. Not as a university, but as fans. We are so far behind. Prospective athletes come on visits and bad mouth our facilities to opposing coaches. This far worse than has been discussed ad nauseam.
This is a very strange post for this thread. This kid just committed to Syracuse after leaving ND and had a lot of options. If this are far worse than have been discussed then I would not expect us to even land a kid like this, or his former teammate from Nebraska.

A5C49D39-BBF5-4BD1-9ED7-BC03AB74410C.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors