Class of 2014 - CB Juwan Dowels (FL) Offered | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 CB Juwan Dowels (FL) Offered

pretty interesting to see as the season progresses where the offers are going.

Mike 14h
More 'Cuse recruiting news. Syracuse has offered 2014 Davie (Fla.) Western High CB Juwan Dowels

Funny his highlights say American Heritage.. must have transferred to Heritage.

Dennis Marroquin ‏@coachmarroquin 17h
Congrats to my boy DB Juwan Dowels #Syracuse offer!

Currently an NIU commit.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/o/1603624/highlights/73998375
The kid has speed if not sizebut speed and technique make up for size with decent coaching and ability.

I want DB's that hit like Donovan Darius, and have the speed of Tebucky Jones. Every time a receiver goes across the middle or on a fly pattern, I want them to know they will be hit hard, and start to hear footsteps.

Last edited:
I want DB's that hit like Donovan Darius, and have the speed of Tebucky Jones. Every time a receiver goes across the middle or on a fly pattern, I want them to know they will be hit hard, and start to hear footsteps.
We seem to be targeting much smaller, but faster dbs. I would love a Donovan Darius 2.0 though. One of the most under rated great Orangemen of the past 30 years

Sent from my M470BSA using Tapatalk 4

When he and Ponds knocked each other out is still one of fondest memories. They were both hard hitters and both took a few seconds to get up. Miss those guys!

http://www.syracuse.com/orangefootball/index.ssf/2013/12/syracuse_quarterback_recruit_a.html

"He said Syracuse is aiming to have wide receiver Steve Ishmael and cornerback Juwan Dowels also visit at that time."

Article is on Edouard. This tidbit in there as well.

To be honest I thought this was the most interesting part of the article.

"It went great," Edouard said, minutes after McDonald left the near-hour long meeting with him and his father.

"To be honest I looked at him as another father. I know I'm going to be safe. He's not promising me anything, but if I come in and do what I have to do, I'll be the face of that program soon, probably not my freshman year but the following year. He's excited about me. I see it in his eyes, and he just can't wait to get me on campus."

Sounds like Edouard has big dreams. If A.J. long is as good as we think, Edouard may have to be a star at another position, but by golly the QB competition should be fun to watch over the next few years (also it should breed us a damn good one as well).

Libero2 said:
To be honest I thought this was the most interesting part of the article. Sounds like Edouard has big dreams. If A.J. long is as good as we think, Edouard may have to be a star at another position, but by golly the QB competition should be fun to watch over the next few years (also it should breed us a damn good one as well).

I think you mean to have it the other way around

Sounds like Edouard has big dreams. If A.J. long is as good as we think, Edouard may have to be a star at another position, but by golly the QB competition should be fun to watch over the next few years (also it should breed us a damn good one as well).

I agree with anomander, Long might be the one looking at another position.

Edouard is the better looking QB and my eyes. Im excited about both but I think Edouard will be better than any of the QB from this year and last years class. He throws a better deep ball than any of them, and he is accurate on the deep out and intermediate routes. Plus he can run. I like him alot

I think it's very hard to tell from their HS film who will be better, because so much of being a good QB at the College level is making quick, smart decisions.

This is spot on. Looks like Alin has all the raw physical tools, while Long oozes leadership (as far as we can tell). I don't know enough about Kimble and Wilson. T.Hunt has obviously improved in that department. By his senior year, he could be a really good college QB, but do we wait that long if one of these youngsters can be better quicker? Lots of questions for the spring and fall camps...

I think it's very hard to tell from their HS film who will be better, because so much of being a good QB at the College level is making quick, smart decisions.
Watch Alin's senior film and watch AJ's jr and sr. film. AJ might have thrown for alot of yards down in TN as a jr. but he throws too many lolly pop balls down the middle of the field that would get picked off by DB's in florida. His arm is not incredibly strong. But he seems to have the intangibles. Alin's senior film shows great deep balls, strong arm on deep out routes. He's a better runner. Better competition he did it against. He plays at the highest class against the best athletes in the country. Right now he looks better to me. But when they both get here and compete at the college level that can change because of the many other factors.

Alin sr. year http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2396481

So there's a chance AJ might move positions if he doesn't win the QB job? I think I've heard that before.

This is spot on. Looks like Alin has all the raw physical tools, while Long oozes leadership (as far as we can tell). I don't know enough about Kimble and Wilson. T.Hunt has obviously improved in that department. By his senior year, he could be a really good college QB, but do we wait that long if one of these youngsters can be better quicker? Lots of questions for the spring and fall camps...

agreed... the thing I like is the competition... These young kids will really be gunning for each other, which should make everyone better and adhere to HCSS hard nosed mentality.

Former SU qb recruit Anquan Boldin. Just saying.

There's a chance that every kid that steps foot on campus could switch positions if their primary position doesn't work out and they translate well to another position, Mrs. Cohen.

Haha true I deserve that one. Competition leads to success. Can't wait for these guys to get here. And I hope Mr. Dowels joins the fold.