Class of 2014 - CB Lamar Dawson (IL) to Utah State | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 CB Lamar Dawson (IL) to Utah State

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heavy heart for Lamar and his family, but his situation appears positive and I remain hopeful for his recovery and future. I always thought grey shirting was in Lamar's best interests for his FB future. Regardless, he has a family here in Syracuse, and will be part of that family, now, and in the future. Good luck and get better sonn, we need you, Lamar.

BfPx3qQCAAE2NX6.jpg:large

A good hospital really does go out of its way to make the patient feel special. They would always send in people into my daughters room sometimes they would come with gifts but sometimes they would just come to play with her. They had music day and art day and princess day with her. They do a great job of lifting the patient's mood.

A good hospital really does go out of its way to make the patient feel special. They would always send in people into my daughters room sometimes they would come with gifts but sometimes they would just come to play with her. They had music day and art day and princess day with her. They do a great job of lifting the patient's mood.

That is really great to hear, Phil. Your daughter deserves all of that and more, I am sure it helps her and everyone in your family to be treated in such a special way.

Love this kid. Fingers crossed on Lamar's health. He'll be part of the family regardless. As far as Washington and Cordy; let's hope LD is 100% and the coaches have him penciled in at safety, especially if we get more CB commits. Naes to RB initially would tend to support this move.
Has anyone reported that Naes is scheduled to run out with the RBs?bThat would make sense to me considering Jerome is gone.We need an inside presenceWithout Howard there,I don't see a power runner anywhere unless AAM is raised from the dead.

Has anyone reported that Naes is scheduled to run out with the RBs?bThat would make sense to me considering Jerome is gone.We need an inside presenceWithout Howard there,I don't see a power runner anywhere unless AAM is raised from the dead.

No Naes has said repeatedly that he was recruited as a safety and nothing else. He has bulked up a good amount

Morris runs inside as well as Jerome did, Jerome never moved the pile, was more finesse then a power back, that's why we had the tank package.

Morris runs inside as well as Jerome did, Jerome never moved the pile, was more finesse then a power back, that's why we had the tank package.

If Jerome wasn't a power back then i don't remember one in the last 10 years, hardly ever used finesse. We'll be more than fine with Morris, McFarlane and Gulley. Morris has shown signs that he can develop into an all-acc candidate by his senior year. If all three were injured, the staff would know how to handle it, everyone needs to have some faith.

If Jerome wasn't a power back then i don't remember one in the last 10 years, hardly ever used finesse. We'll be more than fine with Morris, McFarlane and Gulley. Morris has shown signs that he can develop into an all-acc candidate by his senior year. If all three were injured, the staff would know how to handle it, everyone needs to have some faith.

Jerome was a power back IMO but not a "make your own hole" kind of back. He needed some blocking and was good at dealing with the first guy to hit him. He also he had decent speed.

Morris is a completely different type of runner IMO. He has that great vision and he finds hole quickly. He also seems to rarely take a direct hit. I don't think we are going to have to wait until his senior year - he is going to develop quickly.

If all three are inured we would see AAM and probably AB back in the backfield.

Jerome was a power back IMO but not a "make your own hole" kind of back. He needed some blocking and was good at dealing with the first guy to hit him. He also he had decent speed.

Morris is a completely different type of runner IMO. He has that great vision and he finds hole quickly. He also seems to rarely take a direct hit. I don't think we are going to have to wait until his senior year - he is going to develop quickly.

If all three are inured we would see AAM and probably AB back in the backfield.

I agree, Morris was a steal, can't believe the SEC schools weren't all over him, coming from Georgia. AB had a few nice runs as a RS Frosh, would like to see more runs out of the H-Back position.

The only thing that I have to complain about the coaches is that I wish they would find AAM a spot on the field I feel like it's such a waste he's such a good athlete for his size !

The only thing that I have to complain about the coaches is that I wish they would find AAM a spot on the field I feel like it's such a waste he's such a good athlete for his size !

They might have a spot for him.

When GM first came in we heard that he really liked the pistol. In the pistol the fullback lines up next to the QB. From here he could easily be the traditional fullback or could easily take a zone - read type hand off. If he can be effective as a blocking fullback and win the job this year what a weapon he could be from that position, not many teams have a full back that could run like AAM. I'm not saying he will get 10 carries a game but 2-5 carries could be a great little wrinkle in our offense.

Did the card everyone signed get sent yet? Seems like it may be needed to keep him positive.

I agree, Morris was a steal, can't believe the SEC schools weren't all over him, coming from Georgia. AB had a few nice runs as a RS Frosh, would like to see more runs out of the H-Back position.
I agree but I wouldd also like to see rv Phillips be a RB instead of a slot
H back candidate which seems to be overstocked with candidates at this time with West Cooper, Estime and the Ashton Broyld option and even Ishmael as possible players there. Speed in the backfield is necessary for the team especially to counter the injury bug in a long season. If the O-line is successful the holes will provide opportunities for big plays by those who can finish that occurrence.

Not to sidetrack this thread from Lamar, who I hope can overcome everything he is facing right now. Cali though, that last post is impressive. You think our best WR recruit in a decade is going to play H back?! 0% chance Ishmael plays H-back. He is an X or a Y all day long.

Not to sidetrack this thread from Lamar, who I hope can overcome everything he is facing right now. Cali though, that last post is impressive. You think our best WR recruit in a decade is going to play H back?! 0% chance Ishmael plays H-back. He is an X or a Y all day long.
I didn't mean to lessen in any way Lamar's battle heath wise. I just threw in Ishmael's name as a reference not in any way the ultimate position. I totally understand Steve's ability on the field and think he will show off like Marvin Harrison without the gun,of course. My point is that there are a lot of player that could play there in the slot besides Phillips. I want him being given the ball with a handoff exploding through the LOS. I project SI as a starter along with KJ on the outside points.

I agree but I wouldd also like to see rv Phillips be a RB instead of a slot
H back candidate which seems to be overstocked with candidates at this time with West Cooper, Estime and the Ashton Broyld option and even Ishmael as possible players there. Speed in the backfield is necessary for the team especially to counter the injury bug in a long season. If the O-line is successful the holes will provide opportunities for big plays by those who can finish that occurrence.
I think if we do what GM says were going to and run and uptempo spread offense, we should utilize the H-Back in a running back role, along with the slot position. Using a two back spread formation would give the possibility of 3 different ball carriers in the backfield, and it will be a huge accolade if Hunt can learn to sell fakes and misdirections out of this formation (assuming he is the our starter for the next two years). I wouldn't even rule out using a full-house pistol look either. Also, I don't mean to take away from this thread being about the well wishes to Lamar. Truly tough kid who'll hopefully be in orange, barring medical setbacks, in January 2015. We're all rooting for you, man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom