Class of 2016 - CB Monquavion Brinson (GA) to Georgia Southern | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 CB Monquavion Brinson (GA) to Georgia Southern

I know they keep pointing to 18, but I expect natural attrition of the variety that occurs every year.

Wouldn't be surprised to see them go over 20 with this class.

I agree. I think there'll be room for Mangram as well. If the kid is a p5 talent it'd be tough to turn away a legacy kid.

No. Broyld was a senior.
Would this create an opening for Ginetti to be counted against the 2015 class, or at least create a spot under the 85 player limit?

Monquavion, welcome to the Syracuse Football family!
We love our Georgia ballers!

monqua su football 556052.jpg

Would this create an opening for Ginetti to be counted against the 2015 class, or at least create a spot under the 85 player limit?
I was thinking this, or Giordano. Couldn't he take Ashton's spot rather than counting against '16 now?

We still have 25 players committed for 2015. Broyld's departure has no effect on the 25 player list.

The only way to count Ginnetti or Giordano against 2015 would be if Blair doesn't qualify.

There's plenty of room under the 85 cap as it is. We'll be at 80 players if Blair makes it.

Very nice...I like this kid could be big time...

If there is plenty of room under the 85 player cap, why can we only take 18ish? Not that many seniors graduating?

If there is plenty of room under the 85 player cap, why can we only take 18ish? Not that many seniors graduating?

Correct. Dixon, Foy, Robinson, Lasker, Whigham, Vigille, Hunt, Norton, Raymon, Simmons, Trudo adds up to 11. Plus I think a few walk-ons may have been given scholarships at this point.

You can only sign a max of 25 players per class.

Then why do SEC schools routinely sign upwards of 30?

Because at least 5 don't qualify, are greyshirted, or are counted toward the previous year.

Then why do SEC schools routinely sign upwards of 30?
Some can count to the previous class if they didn't have 25 enroll the year prior. Some don't make it there at all because of qualifying. Some may eventually have to greyshirt.

Because at least 5 don't qualify, are greyshirted, or are counted toward the previous year.

Some can count to the previous class if they didn't have 25 enroll the year prior. Some don't make it there at all because of qualifying. Some may eventually have to greyshirt.

Thanks for the info.

Some schools routinely over sign and then find a way to get the number down.
(run off the lower performing freshmen)

He says Syracuse University in the video

I'm wondering is he following any current recruits or players on twitter or vice versa?

He says Syracuse University in the video

I'm wondering is he following any current recruits or players on twitter or vice versa?

Yes...just from a quick look...Brouse, Riggins, Harper, Stubbs, Heckel, Parker, Ellison, Strickland.

Upgraded to 3 stars by Skout.
I just looked at scout and they must be having some sort of breakdown because all of our recruits have been dropped. Neal 2 stars. and on and on. Must be a temporary mistake.

I just looked at . . . . . and they must be having some sort of breakdown because all of our recruits have been dropped. Neal 2 stars. and on and on. Must be a temporary mistake.

Or the "committed to SU effect" has come into play ;)

I just looked at . . . . . and they must be having some sort of breakdown because all of our recruits have been dropped. Neal 2 stars. and on and on. Must be a temporary mistake.
Yeah, it's funky on the commit list, but if you click on each individual player it's got their actual stars. Moe is 3, for instance, and so is Brinson. Something just weird going on with the commit list, it's only showing like 3.5 stars instead of the usual 5.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom