Class of 2016 - CB Monquavion Brinson (GA) to Georgia Southern | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 CB Monquavion Brinson (GA) to Georgia Southern

Waits to hear from SU? Huh?

If true, disconcerting. Make a phone call. I don't care what the circumstances are regarding the staff. If you have time to make new offers you have time to pick up the phone.

Well we knew the PS would be trolling for these controversial stories so it was bound to happen.

Wasn't bound to happen if they called the family. No school, including ours, should ignore a committed recruit after a staff change. Its a bad look and if you get egg on your face for it there should be no whining about bad press imo.

Well we knew the PS would be trolling for these controversial stories so it was bound to happen.
Why is it controversial. And I don't know why anyone didn't think this would happen with not honoring kids commits. The new staff is going to bring in kids from areas they normally recruit and who they have relationships with already.

Reactions: 007
Wasn't bound to happen if they called the family. No school, including ours, should ignore a committed recruit after a staff change. Its a bad look and if you get egg on your face for it there should be no whining about bad press imo.

It is nothing more than a sad consequence of what happens when you have a wholesale change in staff. The three kids from Georgia are probably not the last. And they haven't called because they are busy filling the needs they see, with kids they want. Not what the last staff recruited.

Why is it controversial. And I don't know why anyone didn't think this would happen with not honoring kids commits. The new staff is going to bring in kids from areas they normally recruit and who they have relationships with already.

My opinion is not based on leaving Georgia (although I do think that's a losing strategy) its not taking the time to reach out to committed players who have remained patient looking for communication with the new staff.

If you want to move in a different direction that is a choice but don't fail to communicate with a commitment and his family. If you want to play that game then you should be called out. Its a simple phone call. Nothing to do with whether they wanted to honor his commitment or not.

But this school isn't in the midwest no reason to not develop more relationships in different areas especially when you have an "in". Seems strange to just cut Georgia out because you don't want to recruit it. Georgia produces a lot of D1 talent. It is fine to have a midwest focus to your recruiting class. A couple kids from Georgia. A couple for Florida.

But this school isn't in the midwest no reason to not develop more relationships in different areas especially when you have an "in". Seems strange to just cut Georgia out because you don't want to recruit it. Georgia produces a lot of D1 talent. It is fine to have a midwest focus to your recruiting class. A couple kids from Georgia. A couple for Florida.
They are going to recruit the kids they want, from the areas they know. They are busy recruiting kids for the spots they feel they have a need.. not what the last staff recruited. There will probably be more commits let go.

They are going to recruit the kids they want, from the areas they know. They are busy recruiting kids for the spots they feel they have a need.. not what the last staff recruited. There will probably be more commits let go.

I don't see how we don't have a need at CB. Like I said I understand the other two players. But putting on his tape and at a position of need seems strange to me.

It is nothing more than a sad consequence of what happens when you have a wholesale change in staff. The three kids from Georgia are probably not the last. And they haven't called because they are busy filling the needs they see, with kids they want. Not what the last staff recruited.

Really? A 10 minute phone call because there to busy. That's an awful stretch and a bad excuse. You could do it between stops at the places you're filling your needs.

Really? A 10 minute phone call because there to busy. That's an awful stretch and a bad excuse. You could do it between stops at the places you're filling your needs.

Unfortunately this is pretty typical. Same thing happened with Shafer, remember, when they decided against honoring a commit. They get the silent treatment. I didn't say it was right... just how it is.

It's controversial because the staff supposedly has not been in contact. It's negative and it's drama. That is what the PS feeds on these days to drive their click universe.

Maybe they don't want to lead the kid on, but they aren't ready to let go either depending on who else they are able to entice to go to SU. Doesn't sound good, but it would be sound strategy. It would look worse if they told the kid that they still want him and then go recruit over him and then cut him loose. Or, if they said they don't want him and then they come up short on CB's.

Can't agree more. You don't want him, that's fine. You haven't had a chance to evaluate him yet, that's also fine. That still doesn't preclude you from making a phone call to the kid and give him the heads up. This is as much about people skills as it is about football.

No one is saying the staff should lie to the kid. They just want to know where they stand, and honestly, they deserve to be told where they stand. Some kids will be let go. As fans, I think we all understand that. Just give the kid a call and tell him what's up, rather than let him swing in the wind. I never understood the reason behind doing that.

I mean, he may still wind up decommitting. But it's not a sure thing, that's for damn sure.

Seems silly to throw this kind of talent away at a position of need. I don't care if no one on the staff has ever been to Georgia better get on the phone :) LOL

Well sorry but a quality defensive back is a HUGE priority even if it's going to be in Wards crappy tampa scheme.

It'll be fabulous if this kid is playing for Louisville.

This staff needs to learn the hard way. All part of the process.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom