CBS Sports and TNT Sports Announce 2024 NCAA Division I Men’s Basketball Championship Commentator Teams | Syracusefan.com

CBS Sports and TNT Sports Announce 2024 NCAA Division I Men’s Basketball Championship Commentator Teams

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt

TNT Sports and CBS Sports’ combined coverage of the NCAA Division I Men’s Basketball Championship will feature an experienced and deep lineup of announcers. All 67 games from the 2024 NCAA Men’s Tournament will be televised across four national television networks — TBS, CBS, TNT and truTV — and via NCAA March Madness Live. Games airing on CBS will also stream live on Paramount+, and games airing on TBS, TNT and truTV will also stream live on Max’s B/R Sports Add-On.

Play-by-play announcer Ian Eagle will call his first Final Four as he joins the lead announce team with Bill Raftery, Grant Hill and reporter Tracy Wolfson for this year’s NCAA Men’s Final Four National Semifinals on Saturday, April 6 and National Championship on Monday, April 8 from Phoenix, airing on TBS.

New and expanded commentator roles for this year’s coverage will include:

• Eagle joining the lead game crew throughout the tournament, including the Final Four;
  • Andrew Catalon and Steve Lappas calling games through the Regional Finals;
  • Andy Katz serving as reporter through the Regional Finals;
  • Robbie Hummel joining as a game analyst for the First and Second Rounds;
  • Jamie Erdahl providing game updates.
Ernie Johnson will host studio coverage from the CBS Broadcast Center in New York, joined by Charles Barkley, Clark Kellogg and Kenny Smith. Adam Lefkoe will host studio coverage from TNT Sports’ Atlanta studio alongside Jay Wright, Candace Parker and Seth Davis. Adam Zucker will also serve as a host from New York, while Wally Szczerbiak and Wright will also make appearances from the CBS Broadcast Center. Jamie Erdahl will provide game updates.

Gene Steratore will serve as rules analyst throughout the Tournament and will be on-site in Phoenix for the Final Four.

Following is the complete list of announcer pairings:

Play-by-Play / Analyst // Reporter

* Regional Weekend Announce Teams (Remaining pairings listed alphabetically)

Ian Eagle / Bill Raftery / Grant Hill // Tracy Wolfson*

Brian Anderson / Jim Jackson // Allie LaForce*

Kevin Harlan / Dan Bonner / Stan Van Gundy // Andy Katz*

Andrew Catalon / Steve Lappas // Evan Washburn*

Lisa Byington / Steve Smith / Robbie Hummel // Lauren Shehadi

Spero Dedes / Jim Spanarkel // Jon Rothstein

Tom McCarthy / Deb Antonelli / Avery Johnson // AJ Ross

Brad Nessler / Brendan Haywood // Dana Jacobson

The tournament will tip off Tuesday, March 19 and Wednesday, March 20 with the NCAA First Four on truTV. Spero Dedes, Jim Spanarkel and reporter Jon Rothstein will call First Four action from Dayton, Ohio. Studio coverage for the First Four will originate from Atlanta with Lefkoe and analysts Wright, Parker and Davis.

Won't be the same without Greg Gumbel. I am not a fan of NBA commentators being leads for the tournament. Let's face it, this is probably the only time of year they even follow college basketball.

Should have JB in studio for analysis. Maybe he has an exclusive ESPN network deal?

Maybe I'm the only one sick of the NBA crew analyzing NCAA teams that they have never seen play before but why not replace them with JB, coach K and some other former coach like Roy.

At least they wouldn't constantly talk about how bad teams are that made the tourney and how the NBA game is better. Those guys won't be around forever and it would be nice to have them talk about the tourney past and present.

WHERE IS BILL WALTON
"turn on, tune in, drop out,"

OIP.OC8MpvpzWD9ucXZ_PBD1AwHaEK.jpeg

Won't be the same without Greg Gumbel. I am not a fan of NBA commentators being leads for the tournament. Let's face it, this is probably the only time of year they even follow college basketball.

that sucks, love greg during the selection show

Best wishes to Greg. He is one of the youngest looking 77 year old men I have ever seen.