CBS: Tyler, the Creator | Syracusefan.com

CBS: Tyler, the Creator

Also, Dana O'Neill tweeted that she thinks the big four freshmen need to be expanded to the big five to include Tyler.

I love the pub and hate it at the same time.

I suggested that nickname before he came in. Whatever people are calling him, he's damn good.

I think the word brilliant is the perfect description of the type of player he is. It's his intellect and his basketball IQ that makes him Bette than everyone else. He can control a game better than anyone

Did a pretty good job describing his game. I like the throwback statement.

How quickly would/did this sort of publicity go to Dion's head haha

Thanks for the article. I was misled by the thread title though. Usually the Creator with a capital is used to denote deity. I mean plenty thought we were anointing the best back court ever a bit too soon, but this would be taking it to epic proportions. I mean the article's actual author didn't even do like on Seinfeld and instead left "maestro" in lower case. I mean some of the canaphobes(not to be confused with cannaphobes) might take objection to you announcing our diety isn't even American. Can you imagine that?! This should be considered entertainment only and not inferred as actual legal advice.

Thanks for the article. I was misled by the thread title though. Usually the Creator with a capital is used to denote deity. I mean plenty thought we were anointing the best back court ever a bit too soon, but this would be taking it to epic proportions. I mean the article's actual author didn't even do like on Seinfeld and instead left "maestro" in lower case. I mean some of the canaphobes(not to be confused with cannaphobes) might take objection to you announcing our diety isn't even American. Can you imagine that?! This should be considered entertainment only and not inferred as actual legal advice.

Who cares where he is from. We can all simply appreciate our blessing in having him on our team and the grace of God he exhibits through his play. I just hope we get him for more than one year!

the most insane individual stat that I can remember in my 42 years...13 turnovers in 12 games for a starting freshman point guard against some quality teams...it goes beyond words.

Yes, that is just nuts. No way to see this level of play coming.

The crazy thing about Tyler's scoring numbers is that he's doing it seemingly so efficiently. It's not that he has "quiet" points, like CJ always seems to have, because Tyler has become a great finisher and a clutch driver. Thinking of the past SU PGs who were high scorers, guys like Flynn could put up 30 any given night, and while Tyler can certainly do that, it's hard to imagine him scoring 30 in a way that his getting there would cost the team during the course of the game. Does that make sense? He's just so efficient as a scorer and as a ball player altogether that when he's scoring bunches of points, he's not taking many bad shots and just making the game easier for everyone.

They both had patience, deceptively good handle, ability to change gears and hit the mid-range floater. Billy could both post up and finish better than Tyler but Tyler is more skilled and overall better on both offense and defense. Both excelled at game management. Taking the ball away from Tyler is about as easy as breaking out of Alcatraz.

One thing that Billy clearly had over Tyler is that Billy brought us Melo. I'll forgive Tyler for not bringing us another Melo if he gives us a NC this year. :)

Love watching "the creator"play;it s a complete 180 from scoop and mcw.Don t get me wrong scoop and mcw were great for us and mcw will prob be a better nba player,but ennis 's game is so polished and smart.It s just awesome knowing before the game our pg won t have seven turnovers or jack up a 3 with 25 left in the shot clock.Ennis plays the game the way it was meant to be played.

The crazy thing about Tyler's scoring numbers is that he's doing it seemingly so efficiently. It's not that he has "quiet" points, like CJ always seems to have, because Tyler has become a great finisher and a clutch driver. Thinking of the past SU PGs who were high scorers, guys like Flynn could put up 30 any given night, and while Tyler can certainly do that, it's hard to imagine him scoring 30 in a way that his getting there would cost the team during the course of the game. Does that make sense? He's just so efficient as a scorer and as a ball player altogether that when he's scoring bunches of points, he's not taking many bad shots and just making the game easier for everyone.

He doesn't take bad shots, but he's definitely struggled a bit finishing inside. He's struggling to stay above 40% inside the 3 point line. If he can get better at finishing, I think that will be a huge key in his draft stock. Struggling to finish against college athletes will not bode well for a prospect that will likely already be dinged for not being that athletic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom