Celtics wow! | Syracusefan.com

Celtics wow!

What an incredible finish! An all timer. I’m hoping the Celts can complete the historic series comeback!

I hate the Celtics but what a great play. White was the inbounder and then went right to the hoop for the rebound and put back. Just brilliant. Especially after the Celtics blew a big lead.

think about the .9 seconds they added on to the clock after the 3 pt review.

Well he did double dribble and the time of the first foul as at 3 seconds. The second foil at 2.1 was after double dribbling. Also he got 3 foul calls and trips to the line prior that were absolutely not fouls based on how they called the game to that point. So as much as it pains me to say it- Celtics deserved that win. Miami missed so many open shots as well that would have changed things too.

Max Strus and Spolstra by proxy are to blame.
I don’t know about that. They kept Tatum or Brown from getting the ball. Marcus Smart jacking a 3 is pretty ideal from Miami’s standpoint.

White made a great play and the missed shot took an absolutely perfect bounce for a tip in. That part of it is simply luck.

I don’t know about that. They kept Tatum or Brown from getting the ball. Marcus Smart jacking a 3 is pretty ideal from Miami’s standpoint.

White made a great play and the missed shot took an absolutely perfect bounce for a tip in. That part of it is simply luck.
Strus lost White on the play and Spolstra should have had someone else in for rebounding purposes.

Its been on point that White- another guy from humble roots that has been key in their series turnaround given how its been Miamis undrafted guys leading the way for them.

Strus lost White on the play and Spolstra should have had someone else in for rebounding purposes.
That’s hindsight though. They took away the Celtics stars and forced a long miss from a below average shooter, and then got beat on something you really can’t account for.

If you put someone else in for “rebounding purposes” with 3 seconds left and don’t defend the perimeter well and their star buries a shot, he’s getting trashed for that.

It was a lucky bounce and miraculous play.

That’s hindsight though. They took away the Celtics stars and forced a long miss from a below average shooter, and then got beat on something you really can’t account for.

If you put someone else in for “rebounding purposes” with 3 seconds left and don’t defend the perimeter well and their star buries a shot, he’s getting trashed for that.

I mean all this is moot if Miami shows up in game 4. They defended like it was a regular season game and uncharacteristically took a ton of plays off. They acted like they were fine conceding a game or thought Boston would lay down. Game 4 might haunt them like game 6 did for Philly

I mean all this is moot if Miami shows up in game 4. They defended like it was a regular season game and uncharacteristically took a ton of plays off. They acted like they were fine conceding a game or thought Boston would lay down. Game 4 might haunt them like game 6 did for Philly
Even yesterday, it’s like Boston tried to give them the game but the Heat’s two best players mostly stunk it up. Also, their best shooter missed two completely wide open looks down the stretch.

Even yesterday, it’s like Boston tried to give them the game but the Heat’s two best players mostly stunk it up. Also, their best shooter missed two completely wide open looks down the stretch.

Yep.

And not something you would generally see. A lot of times a miss like that would create a much longer rebound opportunity. White made a tremendous play but the Celtics were very lucky. And it justifies the saying "That's the way the ball bounces".

I am a big Celtics fan, and it was very lucky the way the ball came softly off the rim after a missed 3. Ball had to bounce perfectly. Crazy win. Too much stress. Never thought they’d be playing Game 7 after the first 3. Sure hope they can finish and make history!

I am a big Celtics fan, and it was very lucky the way the ball came softly off the rim after a missed 3. Ball had to bounce perfectly. Crazy win. Too much stress. Never thought they’d be playing Game 7 after the first 3. Sure hope they can finish and make history!
That said, Tatum was on the other side of the basket for a tip in if the ball had caromed in that direction.

100% agree, job one is making the shot off the inbounds difficult, and if it can go to a secondary option, that's even better. Heat achieved all of that.

100% agree, job one is making the shot off the inbounds difficult, and if it can go to a secondary option, that's even better. Heat achieved all of that.
Yeah….not accounting for the miraculous offensive rebound tip in is really just an absurd take.

These are the fans running every coach out of town in every city, every few years, lolsmh.

Reality is that Smart got up a decent shot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom