"Central New York is an awesome place to go to college" | Syracusefan.com

"Central New York is an awesome place to go to college"

Orangeyes

R.I.P Dan
On Sportscenter, after last night's game Bob Wenzel interviewed JB who said, "I came to Syracuse as a 17 year old and never found a reason to leave." SC anchorman Steve Levy then said, "Central New York is an awesome place to go to college."

Steve graduated from Oswego in 1987. His most famous broadcasting goof up was when he left co-anchor Keith Olberman in stitches when due to a teleprompter typo he said 'bulging dick" instead of "bulging disc."

i believe linda cohn went to oswego too...

i remember when they opened their new ice rink - levy and female broadcaster were there.

i remember when they opened their new ice rink - levy and female broadcaster were there.
Correct

I did a year in Oswego. I believe at the time it had the most bars per capita of something or so forth, and the 2nd most beautiful sunset in the world. I also remember walking at a 45 degree angle one day due to the wind. Like Otto said, college is a great time of life relatively, for most folks.

Linda was the goalie on the Women's Hockey Team when I attended SUNY Oswego. She and her now ex Hubbie donated money to the new hockey arena/student center. A beautiful 3000 seat rink.

Link to see Syracuse could build. http://athletics.oswego.edu/sports/2010/5/25/GEN_0525102523.aspx?id=99

Oswego Sunset

image1.jpg

without getting in to a discussion on facilities, the Oswego arena and building is top notch. just beautiful.

Doesn't she also have 6 toes on her feet?

[Tony Kornheiser fans would appreciate this]

On Sportscenter, after last night's game Bob Wenzel interviewed JB who said, "I came to Syracuse as a 17 year old and never found a reason to leave." SC anchorman Steve Levy then said, "Central New York is an awesome place to go to college."
Unless, of course, you can go to school at the North Pole.

Ken Auletta, one of the best writers in the country today, also went to Oswego.

Don't forget Oswego State grad Al Roker.:)

I was in a class with him there - "The History of Music Through Jazz, Rock, and Pop". Easiest 3 credits I ever "earned".

On the final, the prof played the intro to an instrumental. We had to answer whether the piece was in a minor or major key. The piece, which all us stoners knew - the Allman Brothers' "Les Brers in A Minor". LOL.

Did grad school at Oswego. Was the best, and drunkest years of my life. Centro bus nearly sliding into Lake Ontario during a horrific snow storm was something to see...glad I wasn't on it.

I disagree
As do I. Weather-wise, it was awful and oppressive. Were it not for the friendships and relationships, I would really regret not having gone to USC or UCLA.

Steve graduated from Oswego in 1987. His most famous broadcasting goof up was when he left co-anchor Keith Olberman in stitches when due to a teleprompter typo he said 'bulging dick" instead of "bulging disc."

I remember that well. Here is the link for those who didn't see and hear it; or it you just need a quick laught this morning.

When I was at Oswego I would head over to the benches or even head to Rudy's and have some food and beers with my roommates me just chill and watch the sunset...definitely a very nice campus. And like someone else said you def had to walk at some sort of an angle if the wind was blowing. Especially walking past Seneca, I've seen some people get blown over...no lie.

Also we can't leave out Jerry Seinfeld, he did a semester there.

As do I. Weather-wise, it was awful and oppressive. Were it not for the friendships and relationships, I would really regret not having gone to USC or UCLA.

I agree with Levy. And, I did go to UCLA (undergrad), as well as SU (law school).