CFB Playoff Rankings for Nov 26 | Syracusefan.com

CFB Playoff Rankings for Nov 26

Great to see Greg McElroy on the show tonight. McElroy is very bright. AND he has integrity.

Do not agree with Ohio State jumping LSU. A close home game win against a good but not great Ped St team is the only decent win Ohio St has (Wisconsin is another good, not great team). LSU beat Alabama on the road, beat Auburn, beat Florida (the Texas win is not as impressive as the season goes on).

Ohio St does appear to be a more complete team though (much better D than LSU). If Ohio St convincingly beats an improving Michigan team this weekend, it will be more justified.

It appears the committee is setting up for Alabama to backdoor in again...

It appears that way, especially if LSU beats UGA in the SEC Championship game. If LSU loses to UGA (assuming both UGA & LSU win this weekend), then UGA & LSU might both get in. In that scenario, LSU deserves it more than Bama.

I really hope Bama does not get in. The way they schedule is pathetic. The had a bye before their toughest game - LSU. Then last weekend they played Western Carolina before their second toughest game against Auburn this weekend. They have built-in advantages in their schedule. At least LSU played Texas (who is down this year but better than what Alabama played P5 OOC - Duke). Auburn played Oregon, UGA played Notre Dame, Texas A&M played Clemson.

Committee doesn’t want Clemson vs. Ohio State in the semifinals.
Which I am fine with.
LSU isn’t beating both Clemson and Ohio State.

I think Alabama loses this week at Auburn.
Georgia loses to LSU.
Oklahoma is going to win out.
Utah loses to Oregon.

Ohio State vs. Oklahoma in Atlanta
LSU vs. Clemson in Glendale

Alabama vs. Virginia Tech Orange Bowl
Georgia vs. Baylor Sugar Bowl
Minnesota vs. Oregon Rose Bowl
Penn State vs. Memphis Cotton Bowl

Alabama vs. Virginia Tech Orange Bowl
Georgia vs. Baylor Sugar Bowl
Minnesota vs. Oregon Rose Bowl
Penn State vs. Memphis Cotton Bowl

No 10-2 Notre Dame in this scenario? I guess they can't jump a 9-4 Hokie team? (I have no clue how it works, so I'm being lazy and relying on you).

No 10-2 Notre Dame in this scenario? I guess they can't jump a 9-4 Hokie team? (I have no clue how it works, so I'm being lazy and relying on you).
CFB rankings determine the teams that make NY6 bowls.

Notre Dame won’t jump Penn State unless they lose to Rutgers.
Notre Dame will be in the Bowl we were in last year.

Rose Bowl will be PAC-12 vs. Big Ten
Orange Bowl will be SEC vs. ACC
Sugar Bowl will be SEC vs. Big XII

That leaves just the Cotton Bowl with an at-large spot.
The top G6 team will face the top at-large team which based on the standings this week projects as Penn State.
I guess Penn State and Alabama could flip spots but I think the Big Ten will want to keep its Capital One Bowl slot this year so Penn State to Cotton Bowl and Alabama to Orange Bowl.

Only if they beat Auburn. How good is their backup qb?

The Orange Bowl is contractually obligated to take the ACC Champion or the highest-rated ACC team if the Champion goes to the playoff. An ACC team must play in the Orange Bowl when it's not part of the playoff. Notre Dame can earn a spot opposite the ACC team if their record is good enough, otherwise it's a B1G or SEC team depending on who goes to some other bowl. If we're selected, we'd end up playing Clemson and Bama this season, and Georgia (in Atlanta) and Clemson (in Death Valley) next season. We'll have to find some big boy pants right quick.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom