CFP Rankings for Nov 2 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

CFP Rankings for Nov 2

I don’t see a two loss Bama getting the nod over an undefeated Oklahoma or Cincinnati.If Alabama beats Georgia then I can see the SEC getting both of them in the playoff.
Agreed. A 2-loss non-SEC champ Bama would need a lot of chaos to make the field. Certainly possible, but unlikely.

They beat a top ten team on the road.

Forgot about Notre shame. So that gives them the nod over WF. But the SOS keeps them out of the top 4.

Oklahoma behind Michigan is surprising. So much football to be played in the B1G East.

Georgia better win that SECCG.

Oklahoma behind Michigan is surprising. So much football to be played in the B1G East.

Georgia better win that SECCG.
I’m glad OU is where they are. They were taken deep into the fourth quarter by miserable Tulane and Kansas teams, were challenged a lot by Nebraska and West Virginia, and the Texas win was pretty miraculous. Basically they’re the flakiest 8-0 team ever.

I’m glad OU is where they are. They were taken deep into the fourth quarter by miserable Tulane and Kansas teams, were challenged a lot by Nebraska and West Virginia, and the Texas win was pretty miraculous. Basically they’re the flakiest 8-0 team ever.

Yeah, I don’t disagree with it, but just found it surprising that they put them behind Michigan.

Cincy’s last two weeks didn’t help them. If you play a soft schedule you better blow them all out. They were doing that until the last 2 games.

It's a tricky situation with Cincy. Their win at ND is probably the second most impressive win of the season so far after A&M beating Bama. But their overall SOS is 94 and they have only played one Sagarin Top 30 team. They really, really need ND to win out to have a chance.

The team that very quietly has had a very impressive year is Oklahoma State who is 4-1 against the Top 30. Wake is 0-0.

View attachment 210099

How about Oregon winning at the 'Shoe?

if you had to put your money on the game which team in the top 10 are taking your cash against?

Wake/ND? Wake I think they our score Cinci and ND is just avg..

Auburn is probably closer to top 8 than the 3-4 ahead of them on the field.

Watching cinci play every week they might beat one of those top teams 1 in 5 or less. Wake probably 50/50.
After that our flawed team would give every one else a game that went to the 4th.

Minn/Wisc/Iowa are not very good

Clemson who had them not being top 25 right now. hard to think they were a 4th quarter play away from being 1-7.. 4 teams had the ball with a chance to win late against them.
The bad ACC officiating cost us 2 games possibly 3. I said before Wake has no chance of getting in. They have no history and with no-one on the other side with less then 2 loses, even undefeated they won't get in.

I really don't have a problem with these especially at the top. This isn't about who's undefeated or resumes. It's about wjo the committee currently thinks the best teams are.

For the people that want Cincinnati in, who in the top 4 are they better than? Would you be willing the bet a bunch of money on them over a team in the top 4?

I don't have an issue with Bama at #2 and I can't stand them. They would slaughter MSU & Cincy. OSU and Oklahoma are underwhelming. Oregon is decent but I wouldn't put money on them to beat Bama or UGA.

This is all so stupid. It would be the same if it's a top 8.

Do like college bball: conference champs + at large.

Make it 16 total: 10 conf champs + 6 at large and, heck, do double byes / single byes if you want to give the top seeds a huge advantage. Heck, the SEC could get 7 teams in with ESPN basically fronting for them.

There should be a basic premise that if you beat every team that is put in front of you, you are the champs. End of story. Football is too costly a sport for a lot of colleges to never even have the chance to get into a playoff.

It’s interesting that ESPN’s (albeit early) NY6 predictions have Wake playing ND in the Peach Bowl. This would be ironic because if they beat ND, that proves they should have been ranked even higher as that’s the one dub Cincy really has going for them.

2359E0A4-6043-4F87-B6BA-E10F219D6441.jpeg

As an Alabama fan they aren't very good this year. Relatively speaking of course.

There should be a basic premise that if you beat every team that is put in front of you, you are the champs. End of story.
Mike, last year Coastal Carolina went undefeated in the regular season against a very weak schedule. They ended up losing their bowl game, but hypothetically if they won that and were undefeated, are you saying they should have been co-champs with Bama? Just trying to understand your point.

It's last season but Cincy has proven that they can compete with Georgia:

It's their only loss in their last 18 games.

They do have the win over Notre Dame and were killing everybody early in the season. They've struggled a bit more in recent weeks, which gave the committee the opening to downgrade them:

2021 Cincinnati Bearcats Schedule | ESPN

The perennial reason for keeping out the G5 teams that run the table is to say that they would never be able to do that in a P5 conference. But you wonder. Could they do it in the ACC? The Pac12? The Big 12? If they did, where would they be ranked then?
I want UC to make the playoff, so this isn't me being a hater. And I understand that most of these games are scheduled years in advance.

I think the Bearcats cost themselves dearly by scheduling Murray State.
The Miami (OH) game is their huge rivalry game (Victory Bell), so I get that.

But along with the @ND and @Indiana games, their final OOC game ideally would've be against a third P5 (it also does not help them that IU woke up this year and remembered they are ... Indiana Football).

Lastly, UC has buzzard's luck not playing Houston this year in the regular season, but they need the Cougars to get to the American Champ Game at 10-1 and then beat UH convincingly, but not a blowout. It's all delicate and likely won't work out for the Bearcats.

Last edited:
But along with the @ND and @Indiana games, their final OOC game ideally would've be against a third P5 (it also does not help them that IU woke up this year and remembered they are Indiana Football).
In Indiana's defense they have played literally the hardest schedule in the country so far this year. But I agree -- I expected them to be better. They were very tough last year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom