CFP Rankings for Nov 30 | Syracusefan.com

CFP Rankings for Nov 30

David332

All American
715838C0-C076-415F-9008-789FA91E780F.jpeg

Michigan and Bama would be interesting. If Georgia loses to Bama and Michigan wins the big10, could they be #1? Wow!

Would be something if four of the P5 miss out on the playoffs.

In the top six we have:

-one team from Georgia
-one team from Michigan
-one team from Alabama
-one team from Ohio
-one team from Oklahoma
-one team from Indiana

From #7 to #15 we have:

-another team from Ohio
-a team from Mississippi
-a team from Texas
-a team from Oregon
-another team from Michigan
-a team from Utah
-a team from Iowa
-another team from Oklahoma
-a team from Pennsylvania
-a team from North Carolina

This year I don't see any Southeastern dominance. The Midwest and Southwest look pretty strong. And then when you look at television ratings the B1G and the Big 12 do really well. The Michigan Wolverines played in the two most watched games this season so far. The Game played just this past Saturday dwarfs all others in viewers.

Come to think of it I'm not sure I get the ESPN college football business model. Back when it leaked that Oklahoma and Texas were moving to the SEC I recall Tony Kornheiser praising the move. He said the SEC is smart and the other P5 conferences are all stupid. Then he called the Pac12 a bag of bones. That was of course a crazy thing to say, and he offended a lot of people.

Now cut to Lincoln Riley's announcement that he is taking his talents to USC, and on Monday Kornheiser says this could be a tectonic shift in the college football landscape. Kornheiser suddenly looks worried about his beloved SEC, or maybe it's just shock. Perhaps the SEC going after Oklahoma and Texas and destroying the Big 12 in the process wasn't such a good idea after all? This was a great year for the Big 12 with Baylor and Oklahoma State playing great football and Oklahoma winning 10 games as well. But the conference is facing a daunting future and for what? More money? This is college football. That's not smart. And the Pac 12 is not a bag of bones.

Go Cuse!!

The committee is positioning Cincy so they can bone them again. They’re gonna put okie st in if they beat baylor.

So who will make the playoffs?

UGA- they should be a lock so either the 1 seed or 3 seed (to not play Bama again).

Michigan- they need to win to get in. I guess it is possible to get in with a loss but that is asking a lot. They are likely either a 2 seed or out.

Bama- if they win they are in and likely the 1 seed. If they lose they will need two of Michigan, Cincy, Okie State to lose so they get a 3 seed. IMO they will not make it as a 4 seed to rematch UGA.

Cincy- they could get left out even if they win. That would require both a Bama W and an Okie State W. If they lose they will be out. They could still get a 2 seed.

Okie State- IMO they are in with a W as a 3 or 4 seed. They are out with a loss.

Notre Dame- they need chaos, at least a Bama loss and one of Cincy or Michigan to lose. Still might need Oregon to lose too.

Ohio State- I think they are out

Ole Miss- I think they are out.

Baylor- I think with a W they are likely in. They will be a conference champ. They will have avenged a road loss. They would certainly jump the 4 teams ahead of them. So they would need either a Bama loss, a Cincy loss, or a Michigan loss. If all three won then I do think they get left out. I think they are too far back to jump Cincy.

Oregon- like Baylor they could avenge a road loss. I think they will jump 4 of the 5 teams ahead of them. They need at least two of Bama, Cincy, Michigan to lose to have a shot. Not sure they can jump Bama though.

Everyone else is out IMO. So there is still 8 teams with a shot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom