CFP Rankings for Nov 9 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

CFP Rankings for Nov 9

Would you feel the same way if SU was one of those same 5 - 6 teams? If teams are consistently good, they earn the position.
No I like an under dog it’s boring seeing the same story year in and out

Michigan is ahead of Michigan State right now so Notre Dame can be ahead of Cincy later

I agree with you, but that's also the problem with doing it now. If Ohio State runs the table, they will have done it by beating a Purdue team that's on a nice streak, along with the two Michigans, and a Wisconsin team who is on a roll.

If Oregon keeps winning somewhat close games against Blur Face and Who Cares (for all you Succession fans), I think that head to head win is all but evaporated. Utah seems to be pretty good, but not the same.

That said, watch Oregon lose to Utah on Nov 20, all the B1G teams beat up on each other so everyone has 2 losses, Oklahoma lose @ Baylor and @ Bedlam, then win Big 12 CCG. Cincy lose to either SMU or Houston (assuming they'd playing them in an AAC CCG), Bama loses @ Auburn or to Georgia, and the whole thing become chaos. Need ND to lose @ UVA or @ Stanford too.
It really makes no sense to have a ranking before championship week. Or at least wait until Thanksgiving week (11/23 this year). So much can happen. Why do we need to know who is the Top 4 on November 2nd? Especially since teams can get jumped even if they win out?

It really makes no sense to have a ranking before championship week. Or at least wait until Thanksgiving week (11/23 this year). So much can happen. Why do we need to know who is the Top 4 on November 2nd? Especially since teams can get jumped even if they win out?

All for wasted talking head discussion, and some ad time on a weekly reveal.

People say it's to get a look into the process and criteria, but that always changes anyway.

I think many of you forget that the playoff committee also takes a look at teams upcoming schedules too.

A lot of these teams up top are going to play one another in regular season games or in conference championships.

Because of that, some of them are going to lose, for sure and that’s going to bring people like Cincinnati etc up higher.

For example, Ohio State still has to play Michigan and Michigan State. If Ohio State loses to either one of them…they are out of the playoffs. If Ohio State beats both of them, both Michigan and Michigan State are out of the playoffs.

If Ohio beats one of them them and loses to one of them, Ohio is out of the playoffs and whatever team Ohio beat is out of the playoffs.

A lot of this will work itself out on its own, they placed them all close enough to get into the playoffs knowing that in a situation like that, it’s going to work itself out

5 power 5 conference winners
Best G5 team
2 at large picks

Everyone has a chance to make it. Rewards teams for winning their conference. Great teams with loaded schedules can still make it.

5 power 5 conference winners
Best G5 team
2 at large picks

Everyone has a chance to make it. Rewards teams for winning their conference. Great teams with loaded schedules can still make it.
So basically Notre Dame is guaranteed to
make it every season in this model lol.

I think many of you forget that the playoff committee also takes a look at teams upcoming schedules too.

A lot of these teams up top are going to play one another in regular season games or in conference championships.

Because of that, some of them are going to lose, for sure and that’s going to bring people like Cincinnati etc up higher.

For example, Ohio State still has to play Michigan and Michigan State. If Ohio State loses to either one of them…they are out of the playoffs. If Ohio State beats both of them, both Michigan and Michigan State are out of the playoffs.

If Ohio beats one of them them and loses to one of them, Ohio is out of the playoffs and whatever team Ohio beat is out of the playoffs.

A lot of this will work itself out on its own, they placed them all close enough to get into the playoffs knowing that in a situation like that, it’s going to work itself out
Hopefully it works out but there is a chance it doesn't. The P12 IMO is by far the worst P5 conference this year. There is a decent chance Oregon wins out. But IMO the following teams deserve to get in over a 12-1 Oregon team...

1 loss UGA
1 loss Bama or a 2 loss A&M SEC Champ (both can't happen)
1 loss Ohio State, Michigan, Michigan State (not all 3 can happen)
0 loss Oklahoma

And you can argue a 1 loss Oklahoma or Okie State deserve it over Oregon as well. Personally I wouldn't.

To have Oregon 3rd means you either have to be willing to jump them or you are willing to leave out a more deserving team.

Oregon has one of the biggest wins of anyone on the season, winning in Columbus. What exactly is Oklahoma's best win? They don't have a single win against the top 25 that I can see.

Oregon has one of the biggest wins of anyone on the season, winning in Columbus. What exactly is Oklahoma's best win? They don't have a single win against the top 25 that I can see.

That's why I don't worry about this stuff so much right now. Oklahoma's schedule is back loaded. They end with @Baylor, Iowa State, @Oklahoma State, and then one of those 3 again in the CCG.

If they win out, they're in. Over Oregon if it comes to that.

That's why I don't worry about this stuff so much right now. Oklahoma's schedule is back loaded. They end with @Baylor, Iowa State, @Oklahoma State, and then one of those 3 again in the CCG.

If they win out, they're in. Over Oregon if it comes to that.

I don't think they'll win out, but if they do they're deservedly in. They've had some squeakers this year.

This is also why I'd like to see an expanded playoff. Let the top 8 or so decide it on the field.

This is also why I'd like to see an expanded playoff. Let the top 8 or so decide it on the field.

The momentum for this is so overwhelming, they won't be able to stop it. Just picks up more steam if everyone loses that 2nd game and they have to pick 4 teams from Georgia and the 7 dwarves (trademarked, I think, or hope).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom