Class of 2019 - CG Joe Girard III (NY) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 108 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 CG Joe Girard III (NY) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I got my driver’s license in the fall of 1987, that was the only cassette tape that I had in my car... must have listened to that album hundreds of times over the next few months as my brother and I drove back and forth to high school, hoops practice, etc. I, for one, am choosing to view this fusion of Meat Loaf and JG3 as a very positive development.
Loved meatloaf in the car. I was driving a 77 Ford Thunderbird when I graduated in 87. What a boat that thing was. Come Girard sign with us.

If a recruit shows this much interest it means one of two things:

1) We rate a Navy Blue "High Interest" font on the forecasting website for this recruit; OR

2) The recruit had already taken an Official Visit to Louisville and is expecting comparable perks.
Does anyone know if JB and GMac were accompanied by a couple of prostitutes?

I like JG3 for the "intangibles" he brings to the table. He seems to have a heart and soul like Gerry, and a highly competitive spirit, in addition to some not too shabby shooting skills. He'll make the team better and, as other have noted, likely be a great 4-year stabilizer. Make the call, Joe!

I like JG3 for the "intangibles" he brings to the table. He seems to have a heart and soul like Gerry, and a highly competitive spirit, in addition to some not too shabby shooting skills. He'll make the team better and, as other have noted, likely be a great 4-year stabilizer. Make the call, Joe!

Who is the last High School basketball/football player the basketball team had on its roster that had a basketball scholarship?

Who is the last High School basketball/football player the basketball team had on its roster that had a basketball scholarship?

Against NCAA rules.

If you play both, you have to be on a football scholarship.

Against NCAA rules.

If you play both, you have to be on a football scholarship.

Sorry if I worded that incorrectly. A player the SU basketball team gave a scholarship to that played HS football and basketball and has only a basketball scholarship at SU and is not playing college football.

Sorry if I worded that incorrectly. A player the SU basketball team gave a scholarship to that played HS football and basketball and has only a basketball scholarship at SU and is not playing college football.

I'm sure we've had a few multi-sport HS kids who only played basketball here.

I'm sure we've had a few multi-sport HS kids who only played basketball here.

With this AAU thing it has had to diminish that greatly. Just curious because as Lucid pointed out having a tough kid like that is a very good thing, one that contact is going to get him off his game. Girard seems to be a very good football player and I was just curious on who the last was, especially since many might be too lean for football.

McNabb was on the hoops team at SU for a bit.
Youtube Chance Amie highlights, and look up Tommy DeVito.

Football doesn’t have a scholarship to afford Girard

Malik Campbell played both sports at SU and last I saw, he was an assistant basketball coach at Buff State. And who could forget Melvin Tuten?

Malik Campbell played both sports at SU and last I saw, he was an assistant basketball coach at Buff State. And who could forget Melvin Tuten?

Yes but, they were scholarship football players. I think the NCAA requires anyone with an athletic scholarship who is on the football roster and participates in any other sport, ie track, wrestling, BB be counted toward the football cap on scholies.

Yes but, they were scholarship football players. I think the NCAA requires anyone with an athletic scholarship who is on the football roster and participates in any other sport, ie track, wrestling, BB be counted toward the football cap on scholies.

Yes and as you said it would be impossible to find a basketball scholarship player who played both so the only possible examples of multi sport players for the football/basketball team would be football or lacrosse etc scholarship players which we have had examples of. My bad but I thought it was another thread regarding players who played both sports. The NCAA rule I assumed was a given factor.

That man could attempt a dunk like nobody else.

Greg Paulus 1.0 was a two sport athlete in HS who played exclusively basketball at Duke.

didnt they have that issue one year when the soccer kid they wanted to try and kick?

With this AAU thing it has had to diminish that greatly. Just curious because as Lucid pointed out having a tough kid like that is a very good thing, one that contact is going to get him off his game. Girard seems to be a very good football player and I was just curious on who the last was, especially since many might be too lean for football.
To be this successful at these two sports at these two positions you have to be athletically talented and a very good quick decision maker. Mareks decision making is better than his talent. Not so for Joe. Marek will get much better but not there yet

So far Moten is the only one that played football that was at SU for a basketball scholarship? He turned out to be pretty good..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom