Class of 2019 - CG Joe Girard III (NY) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 118 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 CG Joe Girard III (NY) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've hit every family source I know and no one is talking. No one. Word hasn't even leaked out through the kids in the high school cause everyone is asking; none of them know, not even the kids on the football team. No one. Outside feeling in town is Syracuse but I'm not so sure about that.

From the conversations I've had it comes down to proximity/distance, with the academic/basketball balance. My gut based on these conversations is Syracuse or BC. I'd be really really surprised if it's anywhere else as no one inside I've spoken to has even mentioned other schools. They're very tight lipped though. The 8 million family members around town aren't talking cause frankly I don't think they know either.

Last edited:
There was a time when we played them twice a year, home and home, every year. They played just like you would think: like a bunch of no talent, uber physical thugs.

That program is exactly where it belongs. Near the basement of a league of mostly untalented, thug teams. B1G basketball is unwatchable. I don't understand why anyone would want to play that style unless there was no other option available.

I did note that one of their top post season wins was a scorcher in the B1G tournament that they won 36-33.

I've hit every family source I know and no one is talking. No one. Word hasn't even leaked out through the kids in the high school cause everyone is asking; none of them know, not even the kids on the football team. No one. Outside feeling in town is Syracuse but I'm not so sure about that.

From the conversations I've had it comes down to proximity/distance, with the academic/basketball balance. My gut based on these conversations is Syracuse or BC. I'd be really really surprised if it's anywhere else as no one inside I've spoken to has even mentioned other schools. They're very tight lipped though. The 8 million family members around town aren't talking cause frankly I don't think they know either.
Yup you’re on point here. I asked his 1st cousin and he knows nothing. No one knows except them. Everything else is gut feelings.

Do people know that BC has already signed 3 shooting guards in this class? I know that once they signed their third BC fans figured they were out of the running for Girard.

I initially thought he shouldn't choose Syracuse because he's going to have an uphill battle finding PT here. But looking at his school list, PT will be an uphill battle at every school but Penn State. BC, Duke, and ND really make no sense for Girard, the way their rosters are assembled.

Since there is no reliable inside info to go by, I'll trust common sense, and common sense says its either going to be Penn St. or Cuse. And I don't think too many upstate NY kids are going to choose to play basketball at Penn St over Syracuse.

Do people know that BC has already signed 3 shooting guards in this class? I know that once they signed their third BC fans figured they were out of the running for Girard.

I initially thought he shouldn't choose Syracuse because he's going to have an uphill battle finding PT here. But looking at his school list, PT will be an uphill battle at every school but Penn State. BC, Duke, and ND really make no sense for Girard, the way their rosters are assembled.

Since there is no reliable inside info to go by, I'll trust common sense, and common sense says its either going to be Penn St. or Cuse. And I don't think too many upstate NY kids are going to choose to play basketball at Penn St over Syracuse.

Agreed. So for our sakes, after he is orange on Sunday here is to hoping we see him make strides in his game and go crazy this senior season.

Agreed. That's what I posted yesterday. Taking 4 guards in one class would be very very unusual. IMO it's Penn St or Syracuse . It really comes down to what's more important to Joe. If it's immediate playing time he'll choose PSU, if it's to contend in March it's Syracuse. Going by his "be different" motto I think PSU has a legitimate chance.

Funny, I can’t help but get sucked into caring about this - cause I’m pretty on the fence about SU getting this kid in general.

But I love me a good mystery/recruiting reveal ceremony!

Now, if someone wants to ask Joe’s family where Guerrier is going, I’d love to know that...

He averaged 50ppg last year ... not sure he can go much crazier than that.

I also should have caveated. Just generally crazy not CuseTroop crazy. Even though apparently he is behaving himself these days I hear..

My feeling on this has always been that if he decided to do a public announcement in Glens Falls that he would choose Cuse because it would be an extremely popular decision for local followers. If he decided to do a twitter announcement, I didn’t like our chances. Obviously I could be wrong, but I’m hoping I’m right and we get good news Sunday evening.

Funny, I can’t help but get sucked into caring about this - cause I’m pretty on the fence about SU getting this kid in general.

But I love me a good mystery/recruiting reveal ceremony!

Now, if someone wants to ask Joe’s family where Guerrier is going, I’d love to know that...

I'm worried Syracuse is going to burn on Sunday night if he decides to go elsewhere.

I'm worried Syracuse is going to burn on Sunday night if he decides to go elsewhere.

Nah, if the campus didn’t burn in 2003 then we should be aight. And craziest I saw in 03 was a naked kid in a tree.

But, we should prob have some grief counselors ready for this board juuust in case.

Oh, and those animals you can pet to calm down after a traumatic event! Some of them too

He averaged 50ppg last year ... not sure he can go much crazier than that.
Joe is a pretty unusual recruit for Syracuse these days. He did not opt to play at a prep school and he doesn't come from a major power that plays a big time schedule against top notch opponents.

I think it is reasonable to think his freshman year, he is going to be making a major adjustment to college ball, especially if he chooses an ACC school. Even more than the kids from Oak Hill, IMG, and the NE prep schools.

The last time Syracuse signed a recruit who had similar great success at the HS level that played at a small school was probably Gerry MacNamara. I cam think of no one better to help Joe make the adjustment to top level college ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom