Class of 2023 - CG Mike Williams (MD) Offered | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 CG Mike Williams (MD) Offered

Am I correct in thinking this shows us the staff doesn't believe it will land any of the 2023 target guards (Ducharme, Gertrude, Elmarko, Trey) and is scrambling to get a guard?

Am I correct in thinking this shows us the staff doesn't believe it will land any of the 2023 target guards (Ducharme, Gertrude, Elmarko, Trey) and is scrambling to get a guard?
The video looks like he is better than that

Well, Trey hasn't been offered. Looks like Mike Williams is a point guard, so that suggests to me that maybe SU isn't a huge factor for Elmarko at this point. Gertrude is a combo guard. Reid is a shooting guard (some recruiting services list him as a small forward even).

Well, Trey hasn't been offered. Looks like Mike Williams is a point guard, so that suggests to me that maybe SU isn't a huge factor for Elmarko at this point. Gertrude is a combo guard. Reid is a shooting guard (some recruiting services list him as a small forward even).
True, but how many 2023 guards do you think we'd take? I would think one of Gertrude, Elmarko, Trey, or Mike Williams, and Ducharme could probably compliment them. We also need to leave room in case we land Estrella, which we have an honest shot at.

There's limited spots next year. No news on Chaz, and since there's one scholarship remaining this year I wouldn't be shocked if JB gives it back to Chaz if he can't find a landing spot. The Seniors are Joe, Symir and Jesse. I think Joe wants to leave after this year, if Jesse has a big year he could go pro, and I could see Symir staying another year but I haven't heard anything. I think Judah is likely a 2-year player, but there's a chance he's a 1-year player. We'll probably lose at least one or two transfers, but can't count on it in recruiting now.
If Symir stays and Joe leaves, and if Judah has 2 years in him, the guards (assuming none of the guards transfer), would be Symir, Judah, Q, and JT - how many 2023 guards would we add to that, especially given the number of total scholarships available?

Logical.

But it could also be that this kid is a sleeper that they like.

Maybe they'd take him along with one of the above.

Read through all of these thinking this was talking about Mikey Williams.

Doesn't look like he's as under-recruited and under the radar as I initially thought. P5 offers include Maryland, LSU [obviously not what they once were], Clemson, and now Syracuse.

Also has an offer from Houston -- not P5, but they've been very strong of late, and should be considered "major."

Then a bunch of mid-major offers from the mid-Atlantic area, which makes sense b/c he's from Baltimore area: College of Charleston, East Carolina, George Washington, George Mason, Towson, VCU, and several others.

Have to wonder if the staff would want Williams/Gertrude/Mintz as their backcourt next year, with Reid a secondary option (which is what he should have been all along IMO).

Have to wonder if the staff would want Williams/Gertrude/Mintz as their backcourt next year, with Reid a secondary option (which is what he should have been all along IMO).
Don't discount Copeland.. and JT may play the two as well.

He played vs Elmarko in a game in Atlanta a week ago and did very well. I could see Cuse losing ground on Elmarko. 247 thinks he's leaning Maryland. Cuse has 9 predicted scholly's for 23'-24'. If any of JG3/Jesse/Sy stay I believe they won't count on true scholly total, correct? The Covid extra year rule. So pulling in 2-3 HS recruits and 1 transfer seems like a realistic plan.

He played vs Elmarko in a game in Atlanta a week ago and did very well. I could see Cuse losing ground on Elmarko. 247 thinks he's leaning Maryland. Cuse has 9 predicted scholly's for 23'-24'. If any of JG3/Jesse/Sy stay I believe they won't count on true scholly total, correct? The Covid extra year rule. So pulling in 2-3 HS recruits and 1 transfer seems like a realistic plan.
Everyone counts now. Could only go over the first year 1 ‘20-21.

Everyone counts now. Could only go over the first year 1 ‘20-21.
Ahh that sucks. Seems like anyone who is eligible to take their extra Covid year should not count towards scholarship limits. Not just that 1 year. I guess it helped give Seniors a redue.

FYI- in April, Trey will be announcing that he is coming to SU to play for his father, the new Orange HC. (It could happen.)

Same high school as Sean Tucker so I’m in

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom