Championship Week | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Championship Week

Houston, a likely 1 seed & the top team in the country has scored 32 points in 36 minutes tonight.

Last edited:
I find it absolutely laughable that the pundits have North Carolina as a 1 seed if they beat NC State tonight over Iowa State.

North Carolina has 3 top 25 NET wins - #6 Tennessee, #10 Duke, #10 Duke
Iowa State has 5 NET top 25 wins - #1 Houston (28 pt. win), #1 Houston, #13 BYU, #14 Baylor, #16 Kansas.

Iowa State - 10 quad 1 wins. UNC - 9 quad 1 wins. So what exactly has UNC done to get a 1 seed over them?

Last edited:
Somebody will need to explain to me how Dayton (projected 8-seed) has a better resume than UNM.

UNM:
SDSU x2
Nevada x2
Colorado St.
Utah State
Boise State

Dayton:
St. John’s
SMU
Cincy
LSU
Davidson
Duquesne
St. Joe’s
VCU

NET: 22 vs. 23

Bad losses: UNM vs UNLV (really?) and UNM vs. Air Force

They're 33 in the NET, and 9-5 Q1/Q2. I think they're safely in.
I think they make for a more fun tournament, so I want them to get in, but losses against FGCU, Temple, and Bryant. Only 2 quad 1 wins. I don’t think you can make the argument that they were snubbed if they don’t get selected.

KSU made a basket to go up 1 with under 5s left and then a kid intentionally fouled an Akron player off the inbound, not knowing the score. Akron makes both FTs.

He's going to live with that forever. Tough to watch.

I lived in NE OH for a decade and lived around Akron (was just back last week for work). Akron and Kent are pretty big rivals and within like 20min of each other.

I think Kadary and the Hall are also in deep trouble.
I don’t know how a bubble team can beat the #1 overall seed by 15 and a presumptive 2 seed (Marquette) and be passed over by other hot garbage. But metrics, ya know.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sdot

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom