Chandler Jones Wins AFC Defensive Player of the Week | Syracusefan.com

Chandler Jones Wins AFC Defensive Player of the Week

Pat Kelly

2nd String
"Chandler Jones @Chan95Jones · 14m
Congrats to the @Patriots defense on winning AFC defense of the week!* Humbling honor... Gotta keep it going! #GoPats"

And he gives all the credit to his teammates.

As a Patriots fan as well as a Syracuse fan, I'll say his play might be as important to the Patriots this season as anyone besides Brady.

For those of you who didn't follow him last week, here's his stat line:

8 tackles, 2.0 sacks, 1 blocked field goal (which he recovered), and 1 touchdown

Sadly as a Pats fan he is the only DL until Easley gets healthy that will get any pressure on the QB. Hightower as a true LB unlike Chandler a 3-4 LB will probably end up with the 2nd most sacks on the Pats.
However, the Pats secondary this year looks real good. With Revis, Browner, Denard, Arrington, Ryan all 4 are above average CBs and Revis as a shutdown guy.

This is great to see Chandler developing so well along with Arthur. Hopefully Justin Pugh and Jay Bromley develop into solid players. It would be great to have a solid group of current pros to tell recruits about now that Freeney is nearing in the end and McNabb and Harrison have been retired for several years.

Just too bad Chandler is stuck in New England rather than playing for the first place Buffalo Bills! Hey I have to brag while I can :)