Chapman: 30 games | Syracusefan.com

Chapman: 30 games

KaiserUEO

2022 and 2x ESPN Tourney Challenge Winner
no appeal.

ill take it.

Yanks only play 15 AL East games during the month.

Piece of cake.

Yanks only play 15 AL East games during the month.

Piece of cake.
good point, ugh.

but they can ride betances and miller and then ease up a bit on them as we head into the summer.

at least he comes back in game 2 of a 4 game set with the royals...

So he doesn't get charged yet he gets suspended.

How does that make sense. Yes I'm a Yankee fan so maybe I'm biased.

So he doesn't get charged yet he gets suspended.

How does that make sense. Yes I'm a Yankee fan so maybe I'm biased.
Well, the way I see it, and I am also a Yankee fan, he's damn lucky.

You're not a real person. No way.

Anyway, he's a mercenary. So you can't root for him.

What am I missing in the case then. Other then he was not charged in the end. Thus why was we suspended.

BTW, He's not a mercenary because one we traded for him, and two we actually gave up real prospects to get him.

Why ?

He wasn't charged so why should u be punished suspended.
Alsacs can come here and agree with you citing law reasons, but im just gonna give you my usual life lesson here hulkster...common sense.

We all know he fired the gun, hell, I think he admitted it even...so baseball needed to send a message.

Just like football did with all the pats cheating, damn the rules...you did it, we know it...you're suspended.

Leagues now have to work outside the 'law' to keep order in place

What am I missing in the case then. Other then he was not charged in the end. Thus why was we suspended.

Because he did it. And if he didn't do it, he'd be a Dodger. Not sure why you're whining.

Because he did it. And if he didn't do it, he'd be a Dodger. Not sure why you're whining.

Well regardless he fell right into our laps. I can't tell u how much I'm salivating Betances/Miller/Chapman trio.

Well regardless he fell right into our laps. I can't tell u how much I'm salivating Betances/Miller/Chapman trio.

Yes, he sure did. Which is why whining about the suspension is a bit much when you only got him due to those circumstances in the first place!

Plus he did it. He should be happy it's just a suspension and nothing more serious and straighten up.

Yes, he sure did. Which is why whining about the suspension is a bit much when you only got him due to those circumstances in the first place!

Plus he did it. He should be happy it's just a suspension and nothing more serious and straighten up.

Who's your team. Your answer will tell me something.

He should be suspended for at least 30 games.

What does that answer tell you about who my team is??

It doesn't matter if it's your team or not, or maybe it does. Do you want this guy to go on and murder someone in a fit of rage as a member of your team or any other? If this guy values the life that playing baseball provides, he will recognize that he has an anger problem and will seek help. I am a Yankee fan, and I hope we never hear of another incident, but if we do, at least we know that a significant penalty for his actions and it still didn't work. If he receives no penalty, then I would almost guarantee another, more extreme, incident. Particularly because he seems to be of the belief he has done nothing wrong.

I wonder if the Yankees would have preferred a slightly longer suspension that gained him the extra year of control? Interesting to think about, they also might be in a close race where every game counts.

You're not a real person. No way.

Anyway, he's a mercenary. So you can't root for him.

He isn't. I can't bring myself to accept that someone like this exists.

He isn't. I can't bring myself to accept that someone like this exists.

"show ignored content"- so i probably don't want to do this, right?

I wonder if the Yankees would have preferred a slightly longer suspension that gained him the extra year of control? Interesting to think about, they also might be in a close race where every game counts.
I thought of both sides of that as well.

my guess is if its 60 and hes stays under their control for 1 more year, they would've rolled the dice with miller & betances.

and preferred that outcome, for I think 2017 is the year theyre gunning for...and not having to pay him when they will paying other big FAs would be ideal.

this year is unpredictable and will likely come down to the end like you say, but that's a scenario they can live with...meaningful games in the Stadium and on YES till the end.

if they just fall short and ARod, tex, beltran dlsbury etc all miss considerable time, they can look forward from that.

I thought of both sides of that as well.

my guess is if its 60 and hes stays under their control for 1 more year, they would've rolled the dice with miller & betances.

and preferred that outcome, for I think 2017 is the year theyre gunning for...and not having to pay him when they will paying other big FAs would be ideal.

this year is unpredictable and will likely come down to the end like you say, but that's a scenario they can live with...meaningful games in the Stadium and on YES till the end.

if they just fall short and ARod, tex, beltran dlsbury etc all miss considerable time, they can look forward from that.

They'd still have to pay Chapman a lot of money next year though, but it would only be on a one year deal. I think the number to keep control was 45, and I'm pretty sure the reason Chapman agreed not to appeal was because they gave him a total below 45.

They'd still have to pay Chapman a lot of money next year though, but it would only be on a one year deal. I think the number to keep control was 45, and I'm pretty sure the reason Chapman agreed not to appeal was because they gave him a total below 45.
couldn't remember the #, but chapman wanted out for sure, im thinking the Yankees would've preferred not be bidding against anyone for an extra year.

couldn't remember the #, but chapman wanted out for sure, im thinking the Yankees would've preferred not be bidding against anyone for an extra year.

For sure, Chapman will probably sign something like 4/70 next winter? Maybe I'm too low?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom