Charlie Lockwood: Remember Him? | Syracusefan.com

Charlie Lockwood: Remember Him?

Yeah he’s doing some really cool local lacrosse ventures. This past summer he created a club team that is under the Sweet
Lax umbrella, Syracuse Salty Dawgs, and they have some pretty stacked teams (my kid is on one of them). In their first tournament this fall in PA we won 4 championships in classes of 2026, 27,28, and 29 with two runners up I believe.

The Laser! Always loved that nickname. Charlie represented #22 well. He was in a tough spot, following Gary and preceding the Powell brothers, but he carried the legacy on.

Checked it out today. Talked to Charlie for a minute. Nice little store.

Checked it out today. Talked to Charlie for a minute. Nice little store.

do you know if they string sticks? I used to go to the kids at TAMA but that store is closed right now.

I’m sure they will string sticks. I believe a couple of tama guys came with Charlie to the sports outfit.

do you know if they string sticks? I used to go to the kids at TAMA but that store is closed right now.
I’m sure they will string sticks. I believe a couple of tama guys came with Charlie to the sports outfit.
Correct. They do. And tama is no more
incorrect. Tama is currently in build out of a new store on Erie Blvd.
Ok I stand corrected. I asked Charlie specifically and he said it was closed. I didn't ask for specific details.

That's what I was wondering. The Onondaga Nation kids who were stringing at TAMA were the best imo. If I was making a Syracuse run I'd bring a head to them if it needed new mesh. About that time again and I'm starting to panic a little bit. Looking to find out where the TAMA guys went. If you have any good recommendations on guys stringing goalie heads let me know.

Last edited:
Correct. They do. And tama is no more

Ok I stand corrected. I asked Charlie specifically and he said it was closed. I didn't ask for specific details.

They have a FB page and the guy has been posting construction photos. Looks like it'll be a really nice place.

Tama Lacrosse Syracuse new store address will be 3179 Erie Blvd East , Suite 131 , SYRACUSE NY 13214

Renovations are being done as we speak and we will be taking some progress pics along the way.

Stay tuned

That's in Dewitt Town Plaza where Harbor Freight and Five Guys is.

I ran into Mark Stopher's dad at my stepfather's funeral about a year ago. It seems he and Kirk Pratt run Crossfire Lacrosse just north of Atlanta. They've been training and coaching kids in lacrosse there for the last 10 years.

Yeah he’s doing some really cool local lacrosse ventures. This past summer he created a club team that is under the Sweet
Lax umbrella, Syracuse Salty Dawgs, and they have some pretty stacked teams (my kid is on one of them). In their first tournament this fall in PA we won 4 championships in classes of 2026, 27,28, and 29 with two runners up I believe.
What year? My son played on the 28 & 29 team

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom