Chris Bell.. | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Chris Bell..

I'd love to see our splits on Bell scoring double digits. Probably not surprising but it feels like basically when he scores double digits we're a pretty good team and when he's in single digits we're bad. I think he's the most hurt by Jesse leaving. If we had a front court of him, Maliq and Jesse some of his weaknesses would be better covered up.

Take a look at their college stats. Robinson was light years better than Bell including on the defensive end of the court.

Bell has been good for a few games. I hope it continues.
I was comparing Bell's game now as a weak defensive college player to Duncan as an NBA player. Duncan may have performed well defensively in college but is a below average defender in the NBA.

Pro scouts are also very intrigued with Maliq Brown. His all around game is impressing scouts.
Yep. We need a competent center from the portal to go along with McLeod so that Malik can grow and get better in his natural position as a forward. If we don't get another center, at least with Freeman coming in, he too can play some center so it's not always Maliq. Freeman might be a bit lighter than Malik but they are the same height I believe.

I’m pretty sure Buddy and Jimmy are repped by a former Cuse manager that had a prior personal relationship with them.
Jack Overdyk. Hardest worker in the biz. Cuse kid through and through. Great human being. Also paved his own path (didn’t need moms help, IYKYK). A good friend and he will be a big time agent soon

I'd love to see our splits on Bell scoring double digits. Probably not surprising but it feels like basically when he scores double digits we're a pretty good team and when he's in single digits we're bad. I think he's the most hurt by Jesse leaving. If we had a front court of him, Maliq and Jesse some of his weaknesses would be better covered up.

For some reason the screen shot I took isn't displaying. Never had that issue before. The site not taking pngs?

Anyway, his shooting numbers from 2 and 3 are both dramatically better when we win. Not sure on correlation/causation, but sure does seem that we need him to hit shots for us to win.

Funny aside, his free throw percentage sucks when we win, and is 85% when we lose.

Not sure how important this is but Chris Bell in an opposing UNC fan’s DMs after the UNC game lmao

Pretty sure chris has two brain cells… him not knowing what to do when he got stuck atop thw zone and just let the guy shoot was unreal

I thought he had a decent game until that last awful attempt and is playing better D.

Can't believe Mintz and Starling combined for 1 assist. That is where we lost the game we could have survived the rebounding disparity. Cope might be a little raw but he needs to be the starting PG and primary ballhandler after last night and for next year.

I was comparing Bell's game now as a weak defensive college player to Duncan as an NBA player. Duncan may have performed well defensively in college but is a below average defender in the NBA.
I initially read this post without seeing the ones before it and thought you were talking about Tim Duncan and almost fainted.

I just don't understand the logic of those that want Bell gone.

Outside shooting is bad on this team. He's shooting nearly 40% from three as the only legitimate outside threat (depending on how you view Starling, I guess). Normally we give a lot of forgiveness to guys that are the only shooting threats on their teams, even when their shooting percentages are worse than Bell's hit rate has been this season.

It's not crazy to think he'll get better, not just as a shooter, but as an all around player.

So we have people that think the right move is to part ways and guarantee we don't benefit from that improvement after all the investment in starts and minutes the program has made in him, and somehow make a better shooting roster by relying on freshmen and portal unknowns without the one guy we know can stick a three?

Y'all are nuts.

Pretty sure chris has two brain cells… him not knowing what to do when he got stuck atop thw zone and just let the guy shoot was unreal
He and JJ were going after it pretty good about this play. Had to be separated by Red. And then bell was on the bench and Judah was playing forward in the 2-3 so tells me Bell was benched.

I was “marked safe” yesterday from watching Bell shoot air arrows and woofing/staring at guys yesterday. Stay humble dude

Bell needs a veteran mentor. The whole team does. Unfortunately, that person doesn't exist. Cripe, Benny was the elder on the team - he was leading, but not in the right direction, by all accounts.

The fellas are just too immature. The worst thing is, I don't think they see their own shortcomings. But... how can they watch game film of themselves whining about a no call while the rest of their teammates are playing 4 on 5 on the other end of the court and not be like, "I look like a fool" and start to improve? Instead, it (whining, blaming others) seems contagious.

Can veteran leadership come from the portal?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom