Chris McCullough = Shareef Abdur-Rahim? | Syracusefan.com

Chris McCullough = Shareef Abdur-Rahim?

That is, but that article was written before Chris played one game at Su,and tore his acl.

That is, but that article was written before Chris played one game at Su,and tore his acl.
Actually, to be fair, by 12/2/2014 (which it looks like the date the article was written), he had played 6 games and averaged 15+ points in those games. But yeah, obv before he blew out the knee.

Actually, to be fair, by 12/2/2014 (which it looks like the date the article was written), he had played 6 games and averaged 15+ points in those games. But yeah, obv before he blew out the knee.
And before he came up vs. ACC competition

Maybe I am losing my mind, but I could have swore nba draft put up that comparison article in the summer. I remember reading it back then.

Maybe I am losing my mind, but I could have swore nba draft put up that comparison article in the summer. I remember reading it back then.
A man ahead of his time. ;)

What the f*** is a Shareef Abdur-Rahim? Is that a person?

bad_news_bears_ahmad_abdul-rahim.jpg

Shareef Abdur-Rahim was a very good NBA player. He averaged 18.1 ppg over 11 seasons, and averaged 20+ 5 years in a row. McCullough will be lucky to have half the career Abdur-Rahim had.

Abdur-Rahim was a hell of a lot stronger at the same age as Chris. His ability to finish was vastly superior at the same stage, too.

you can put that next to the 10 million or so posts from 03-06 stating 'gmac is better than mark price'.

now i remember why i kept getting banned...eedeeots.

He was one of the best players in the NBA from like 1998-2002.

(Your post implies that you're very young and extraordinarily white)

24 and yeah, pretty white. Loosely followed the NBA at that point and remember the big, big names. I'm not doubting he was a big deal (his stats clearly show that he was), I've just literally never heard his name mentioned one time in my life before this thread.

Edit: What does being extraordinaryily white have to do with this, though? Is it because I pretended not to recognize his name as a name in an attempt at humor? Or is there a higher likelihood that I'd know about his career if I were black or some other race?

Last edited by a moderator:
24 and yeah, pretty white. Loosely followed the NBA at that point and remember the big, big names. I'm not doubting he was a big deal (his stats clearly show that he was), I've just literally never heard his name mentioned one time in my life before this thread.

His window of good play in the league was not as long as some others (maybe 8 years) and If I recall correctly his production really fell off once he went out West. He was a very high draft pick as well, I think in the Camby/Iverson year and he put up big numbers in Vancouver before having 3 or 4 really good seasons in Atlanta. I can't remember why he went/was moved out West but he played for a couple of teams out there and just wasn't the same.

His window of good play in the league was not as long as some others (maybe 8 years) and If I recall correctly his production really fell off once he went out West. He was a very high draft pick as well, I think in the Camby/Iverson year and he put up big numbers in Vancouver before having 3 or 4 really good seasons in Atlanta. I can't remember why he went/was moved out West but he played for a couple of teams out there and just wasn't the same.

See, I remember Camby and Iverson very well -- In a bit of blasphemy, Iverson was/is my favorite NBA player [gasp!] -- but I don't have any memory of Abdur-Rahim. I imagine this is due in no small part to the fact that he played in Vancouver. My memories of the Grizzlies even being in Vancouver are vague.

Edit: What does being extraordinaryily white have to do with this, though? Is it because I pretended not to recognize his name as a name in an attempt at humor? Or is there a higher likelihood that I'd know about his career if I were black or some other race?

I was just kidding with you, but it's probably not the best idea to say "what is a <so and so>" in regards to someone's name.

I remember ordering a pair of Cal basketball shorts when Abdur-Rahim was there, because he was a true freshman phenom, and just a ton of fun to watch. That dude just put up NUMBERS in his one year at Cal. 21 points and about 8 and a half rebounds per game, and I think I recall that for like the first month of his season he was putting up like 30 a game.

you can put that next to the 10 million or so posts from 03-06 stating 'gmac is better than mark price'.

now i remember why i kept getting banned...eedeeots.

or how Triche is going to make it big in the NBA, or how Scoop will too..or how Watkins and Roberts were NBA studs waiting to bloom once they were no longer restricted by our coach.

fans are truly watching things through the puppy dog, unicorn, rainbows, and ice cream prism.

He was one of the best players in the NBA from like 1998-2002.

(Your post implies that you're very young and extraordinarily white)
"One of the best players in the NBA" is really pushing it

"One of the best players in the NBA" is really pushing it

He averaged between 20-23 ppg and 8-10 rpg for a 5 year stretch. Does that not translate to a top 10 or 12 player in the league?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom