CHU ! KWU ! | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

CHU ! KWU !

Because of the way he played last year before and after (during?) his eye injury. And please discontinue with the "hadn't played" logic. He practiced with the team for a year and showed absolutely zero progress when we saw him early last season. Maybe that was all eye related and we would have gotten this, but I think it's reasonable to wonder.
Aye aye!

Because of the way he played last year before and after (during?) his eye injury. And please discontinue with the "hadn't played" logic. He practiced with the team for a year and showed absolutely zero progress when we saw him early last season. Maybe that was all eye related and we would have gotten this, but I think it's reasonable to wonder.

Practice isn't the same as a real game situation. Look at Matthew Moyer. He practiced with the team for over a year and he looks like he can't get any major minutes.

Practice isn't the same as a real game situation. Look at Matthew Moyer. He practiced with the team for over a year and he looks like he can't get any major minutes.

Sorry, I would have responded sooner but your avatar...

I hear what you are saying, but Matthew Moyer was hurt part of last year. Chukwu wasn't hurt the prior year.

Not going to go further down the rat hole here. Just glad to see some improvement from the big fella.

chewie.jpg

Ever see him play before last night?
Sure, 6 or 7 games last year when he had one eye and no depth perception, and 3 games this year in which he was improving every night. We all knew he could block shots and dunk. Now we're seeing that:

1. he can run the floor;
2. he can step up to the foul line and cut off penetrators and close out to the corner pretty well for almost a year off;
3. that he has a working drop-step, baby hook and bank shot that he can use to score against another 7 footer; and
4. he can play serious minutes without fouling out or getting gassed.

I don't think he'll do that well against better (beefier) competition. But it's also true that 12 points, 11 rebounds, 8 blocks and 2 steals (on only 2 fouls) is in line with what some of thought he had the potential to do.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom