Chuckwu and DC | Syracusefan.com

Chuckwu and DC

Cuse_1999

2nd String
Tomorrow is a game where having them would help. I expect Lydon, Roberson and TT to get in foul trouble against UNC bigs.

Would be nice to have their 10 fouls available. Anybody have an idea on Chuckwu timetable?

Any word on whether DC knees are acting up or if he has just been benched?

Tomorrow is a game where having them would help. I expect Lydon, Roberson and TT to get in foul trouble against UNC bigs.

Would be nice to have their 10 fouls available. Anybody have an idea on Chuckwu timetable?

In the Boeheim press conference, he made it sound like DC2's knees were so troubling in practice that he wasnt going to be playing anytime soon. I kind of hoped he was doing a "decoy" with his injury listings like Bill Belichick of the New England Patriots is infamous for, but Boeheim isn't known for that.

For Chuckwu, I haven't heard any updates in awhile, but originally it was very long term, if not the season. About a week ago on here, someone claimed that some of the animosity toward Franklin Howard was explained as him having contributed to Chuckwu's eye in practice. I hadn't heard about that anwhere else, so I can't provide an update on the Howard Hate Meter(tm) either, other than it appears to be dropping slightly being Gillon's play has been down 2 games.

I know none of these are good things to hear facing what could be the toughest opponent of the season, but stranger things have happened. At least Lydon looked better than some had thought he'd be, but yeah we're very likley to miss those 2 in a big way.

In the Boeheim press conference, he made it sound like DC2's knees were so troubling in practice that he wasnt going to be playing anytime soon. I kind of hoped he was doing a "decoy" with his injury listings like Bill Belichick of the New England Patriots is infamous for, but Boeheim isn't known for that.

For Chuckwu, I haven't heard any updates in awhile, but originally it was very long term, if not the season. About a week ago on here, someone claimed that some of the animosity toward Franklin Howard was explained as him having contributed to Chuckwu's eye in practice. I hadn't heard about that anwhere else, so I can't provide an update on the Howard Hate Meter(tm) either, other than it appears to be dropping slightly being Gillon's play has been down 2 games.

I know none of these are good things to hear facing what could be the toughest opponent of the season, but stranger things have happened. At least Lydon looked better than some had thought he'd be, but yeah we're very likley to miss those 2 in a big way.
Just for the record, Howard had absolutely nothing to do with Chukwu's eye injury.

Just for the record, Howard had absolutely nothing to do with Chukwu's eye injury.

I heard that too, and while i highly tend to believe that clain over the other, I'm finding it tough to be certain about anything anymore with all of the claims I read. I am trying my hardest to get to the truth about all of this hatred, which has made the guy possibly even more unpopular than Fab Melo, or even Grayson Allen(at least as of last weekend) on here. If that rumor was false, I wonder how it got started?

I think it came from the payside.

I heard that too, and while i highly tend to believe that clain over the other, I'm finding it tough to be certain about anything anymore with all of the claims I read. I am trying my hardest to get to the truth about all of this hatred, which has made the guy possibly even more unpopular than Fab Melo, or even Grayson Allen(at least as of last weekend) on here. If that rumor was false, I wonder how it got started?

Syracuse basketball center Paschal Chukwu has eye surgery Saturday morning

The Syracuse big man, playing this season after sitting out last year because of NCAA transfer rules, initially had eye trouble in mid-November, when his face got in the way of a pass from John Gillon to Andrew White in the Holy Cross game. The ball, he said, hit him directly in the eye, which caused his vision to blur.

At the first BC game 2 weeks ago, it looked like Coleman was walking with a slight limp. He didn't play, but walking across the court at halftime he didn't look 100%.

The world is filled with people who spend their entire lives pulling and tugging and yanking on a door that won't open for them ... simply because they refuse to believe the sign right in front of them that says "PUSH".

Oh Lord

I don't expect foul trouble for Thompson. That would require being in the vicinity of the UNC bigs. I kid, I kid...mostly

Someone was flat out guessing with that one.

Chukwu got hit in the face by a pass, that's how he hurt his eye.

You're so naive.
Howard pulled a 'Moe' on Chukwu's eyes.
Howard hacked the DNC with a Cyrillic keyboard.
Howard hates freedom as much as he hates the troops.
Howard planned the assassination of JFK and destroyed the time machine so no one can kill Hitler.
Howard designed New Coke.
Howard made bacon bad for us.
Howard ghost tweets at 4:30am, and ends every tweet with an exclamation point.
Howard robbed Kim in Paris.
Howard got Shumpert's girlfriend pregnant under the bleachers. In front of Deshaun.
Howard Gillooly'd Arinze.
Howard took the first bite of The Apple.

JB says DJC is a go if needed. but honestly how effective he could play after sitting out a month is a big concern.

JB says DJC is a go if needed. but honestly how effective he could play after sitting out a month is a big concern.
No, JB said Coleman wants to play but he doesn't like what he sees in practice. JB would be using him if he thought he could help. Perhaps down the road his condition will improve and he can get back on the floor.

No, JB said Coleman wants to play but he doesn't like what he sees in practice. JB would be using him if he thought he could help. Perhaps down the road his condition will improve and he can get back on the floor.
you're wrong. JB said on his radio show thursday night DJC is definitely available if needed.

Does Chukwu have a shot at a medical redshirt or does his transfer year eliminate that opportunity?

Does Chukwu have a shot at a medical redshirt or does his transfer year eliminate that opportunity?

He can apply for a hardship waiver, but since his 1st redshirt was for non-medical reasons, it's not likely that he gets the waiver.

Stranger things have happened, but I wouldn't count on it.

He can apply for a hardship waiver, but since his 1st redshirt was for non-medical reasons, it's not likely that he gets the waiver.

Stranger things have happened, but I wouldn't count on it.

Thanks for the info. I won't hold my breath waiting for the NCAA to throw us a bone.

you're wrong. JB said on his radio show thursday night DJC is definitely available if needed.
JB just texted me and said DC's playing time is "at Howard's discretion."

I think that's the first time you've ever replied directly to another person's post. Should I feel honored? Or was it just a mistake?

"Adam called in to ask about DaJuan Coleman. JB: “He is available. His knees are sore but he can play. He has limited movement and that makes it hard to do the things he has to do. Lots of teams have a short roster. Last year we went a long way with 6 ½ players.” (The midget was really good.) “We need more consistent point guard play. We are halfway through the year.” Matt asked if it was a home-road thing. “No- they’ve had some bad games at home, too.”

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom