Cincinnati vs Houston | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Cincinnati vs Houston

With all due respect SWC (and much respect is due), I think you are overplaying USF. Here in Florida, UCF is ahead of USF with support around the state (still clearly behind UF, FSU, and Miami), a more central location, better academics. USF is a regional school with non-existent support outside a 50 mile radius. I think UCF will be the choice over USF.

Florange44
UCF is a joke. When I lived in Orlando before going to grad school at Syracuse I saw more people wearing Syracuse gear than UCF - by far. And UCF is not a national school. It's a regional research 2 school.

I noticed because I had made the decision to attend Syracuse while living there and every Syracuse shirt caught my eye.

UCF is a joke. When I lived in Orlando before going to grad school at Syracuse I saw more people wearing Syracuse gear than UCF - by far. And UCF is not a national school. It's a regional research 2 school.

I noticed because I had made the decision to attend Syracuse while living there and every Syracuse shirt caught my eye.
I disagree with your premise. There is far more UCF gear in central Florida. I've been observing for 30+ years.

However, ucf is not Syracuse in terms of research, athletic respect, brand recognition, etc. That's not the point. The point is that ucf > usf

The big 12 seems to be making the same mistake the big east made by expanding with no name schools. Let them. It will be the final nail in their coffin and then the other conferences can pick up their better schools like Kansas and Texas.

Not sure what your thinking is here. If you are talking BE football, then Rutgers and Temple might be considered "no name schools", but if one is building a northeastern (Pitt, SU, BC, and WVU) conference with a Miami powerhouse then I don't think there were other options available. If you are referring to what happened after Miami, VT, and BC left, then I think you may be overvaluing the draw of a severely wounded BE that most thought would lose their BCS bid by the end of the current contract in place at that time.

Cheers,
Neil

I disagree with your premise. There is far more UCF gear in central Florida. I've been observing for 30+ years.

However, ucf is not Syracuse in terms of research, athletic respect, brand recognition, etc. That's not the point. The point is that ucf > usf
I wouldn't want either one.

With all due respect SWC (and much respect is due), I think you are overplaying USF. Here in Florida, UCF is ahead of USF with support around the state (still clearly behind UF, FSU, and Miami), a more central location, better academics. USF is a regional school with non-existent support outside a 50 mile radius. I think UCF will be the choice over USF.

Florange44

If they hadn't gone 0-12, I might agree with you.

Really USF and UCF should be a package deal for any conference. You could get a game in Florida every year and that's an obvious nautural rivalry.

I wouldn't want either one.
You're being short-sighted. In the long run, central Florida is a growing area and ucf is an up and coming school. In 25 years ucf will be on a par with all of the middle p5 schools in everything except history. Most of the NE and Midwest schools are on the decline due to demographics.

By the way, for grad school you made the right choice.

Florange44

If they hadn't gone 0-12, I might agree with you.

Really USF and UCF should be a package deal for any conference. You could get a game in Florida every year and that's an obvious nautural rivalry.

Unfortunately, in the age of mega-conferences that isn't likely to happen. Just ask the ACC which has FSU and Miami. :confused:

Cheers,
Neil

You're being short-sighted. In the long run, central Florida is a growing area and ucf is an up and coming school. In 25 years ucf will be on a par with all of the middle p5 schools in everything except history. Most of the NE and Midwest schools are on the decline due to demographics.

By the way, for grad school you made the right choice.

Florange44
NE schools are not on the decline. They receive applications from all over the country.

No doubt that Syracuse has a poor economy but they aren't drawing applications from Syracuse. It's NATIONAL.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom