Cj | Syracusefan.com

Cj

goodroc

Starter
Chandler jones has been tweeting all day that mcw and fair will go in first round. Not sure if this means anything but please prepare yourselves cj might be done

i'm no draftology expert but C.J could find a place in this years draft. But not in the first round. He knows better than to declare when major improvement on campus next year solidfies his game.

Chandler Jones?

When did he become an NBA draft expert?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chandler Jones@Chan95Jones14m
I don't (know) if they are leaving or not.. I'm not an NBA draft analyst... Just my opinion.. And also because they my boys lol

Chandler Jones@Chan95Jones14m
I don't (know) if they are leaving or not.. I'm not an NBA draft analyst... Just my opinion.. And also because they my boys lol

Hey, Chandler, CJ is one of our boys and we'd like him to stay!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love CJ. He's not ready. He's not a lottery pick. He's not a guaranteed 1st rounder.

No point of going right now.

Come back, get your degree, and try to go back to the Final Four and win the ACC.

Jb has been very good at getting that type of kid to come back.
I'm trying to think, who lately that we thought "might leave" actually came back?

Flynn, Greene, Devendorf, Harris, Wes, Waiters, Fab, MCW all left.

Is there anyone that's been 50/50 and actually came back? I'm sincerely asking, because I can't think of anyone. I don't think Rick Jackson or AO quite fit the bill, as I can never remember hearing they were considering bolting for the NBA.

I'm trying to think, who lately that we thought "might leave" actually came back?

Is there anyone that's been 50/50 and actually came back? I'm sincerely asking, because I can't think of anyone. I don't think Rick Jackson or AO quite fit the bill, as I can never remember hearing they were considering bolting for the NBA.

Flynn, Greene, Wes, Waiters, MCW were all pretty much locks to leave once the season ended.

Harris, Fab, Devo don't apply.

Flynn, Greene, Wes, Waiters, MCW were all pretty much locks to leave once the season ended.

Harris, Fab, Devo don't apply.
I know, but dasher said JB has been good at getting "that type of kid" to come back. We haven't really had a player like CJ lately; a fringe 1st rounder who has 1 year of eligibility left.

Kris Jo

I know, but dasher said JB has been good at getting "that type of kid" to come back. We haven't really had a player like CJ lately; a fringe 1st rounder who has 1 year of eligibility left.

Correct, but CJ's case is different. He's not a first round prospect, regardless of what NBA analyst Chandler Jones thinks. He's an early-mid 2nd round guy, who can MAYBE sneak into the last first with unbelievable workouts/interviews. CJ should absolutely come back. I really don't even think it's a question.

Correct, but CJ's case is different. He's not a first round prospect, regardless of what NBA analyst Chandler Jones thinks. He's an early-mid 2nd round guy, who can MAYBE sneak into the last first with unbelievable workouts/interviews. CJ should absolutely come back. I really don't even think it's a question.
Absolutely agreed. I don't see CJ as much of an NBA player regardless of what he does next year. Outstanding college player, but I'm not sure he'll translate to the pros. We've talked about the NBA potential of him, MCW, and Southerland ad nausiem; and I hope I'm wrong, but I think CJ's max in the NBA is the 3rd guy off the bench on most teams.

Hak. Although I remember reports on here that said he was gone after his jr year.

Moten, Wallace, and Warrick come to mind.

Seems Harris and Devendorf were pushed out by Boeheim for APR (or other) reasons. Highly doubt Boeheim has that rocky a relationship with Fair.

Moten, Wallace, and Warrick come to mind.

Moten was never a serious NBA prospect, Wallace and Warrick are the only two that come to mind. I guess Derrick Coleman but that may have been before that was popular.

Moten was never a serious NBA prospect, Wallace and Warrick are the only two that come to mind. I guess Derrick Coleman but that may have been before that was popular.
Moten was a first round pick. Didn't have much of a career, though.

Absolutely agreed. I don't see CJ as much of an NBA player regardless of what he does next year. Outstanding college player, but I'm not sure he'll translate to the pros. We've talked about the NBA potential of him, MCW, and Southerland ad nausiem; and I hope I'm wrong, but I think CJ's max in the NBA is the 3rd guy off the bench on most teams.
the usual suspects have already been named. Moten. Who was going to leave. Wallace, who put his name in the draft and pulled it out. Hak. I wasn't even thinking of KJo but I guess you could put him in there as well. Every guy could have left and came back. The guys that left, with the exception of Donte, really had to go. It was their time.

Today, DC would have been gone after his first year.
Just grabbing 19 rebounds in the final would have gotten him drafted.

CJ Fair has shown himself to be the kind of player who works on his weaknesses and keeps improving.
So it wouldn't surprise me to see him in the NBA.
AFTER next season.
I hope he'll be back in Orange and be even more dangerous...having more game going to his right.

I think we're going a little bit overboard in our evaluations of CJ. I don't say this to be mean, but rather to offer what I think is a reality check. CJ to me does not look like an NBA player right now. I don't see him getting drafted in the first round this year or next based on where he is today. Nice player, but where does he fit on an NBA roster?

And, I'll probably get killed for this, but I also don't think he is an "outstanding college player" yet. I think he is good to very good and getting better. Next year he has the potential to be an outstanding college player, but right now what does he do that is head and shoulders above others. If he left today, in five years he would not be remembered as being among our Top 25 players.

If he leaves this year and gets drafted, much less finds a spot on an NBA roster, I will never again offer an opinion on what a kid should do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RSmith

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom