Cj | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Cj

Correct, but CJ's case is different. He's not a first round prospect, regardless of what NBA analyst Chandler Jones thinks. He's an early-mid 2nd round guy, who can MAYBE sneak into the last first with unbelievable workouts/interviews. CJ should absolutely come back. I really don't even think it's a question.
Why? His draft position is unlikely to improve much, if at all. He will cost himself money coming back with this loaded class next year.

If his draft position won't approve at all then how would he lose money coming back? Being a senior leader All American in the acc and possibly another final four run seems to me like it would boost him a few spots. Not to mention improving his game. Yup he should come back and then get paid after next season.

If his draft position won't approve at all then how would he lose money coming back? Being a senior leader All American in the acc and possibly another final four run seems to me like it would boost him a few spots. Not to mention improving his game. Yup he should come back and then get paid after next season.
Injury. Also, it's 1 less year for him to make money playing basketball.

Today, DC would have been gone after his first year.
Just grabbing 19 rebounds in the final would have gotten him drafted.

CJ Fair has shown himself to be the kind of player who works on his weaknesses and keeps improving.
So it wouldn't surprise me to see him in the NBA.
AFTER next season.
I hope he'll be back in Orange and be even more dangerous...having more game going to his right.
Why do you say DC would have been gone? Certainly he may be able to go, but he would have been drafted after his junior year. He chose to stay. People did leave early. Pearl left before DC after his soph year, DC knew he could have gone but chose not to. Same with Wallace.

Sometimes there is more than just if they will get drafted at stake. Do they like their current situation? I get the feeling CJ does. I get the feeling Rak doesn't.

I think the next big time returner will be DC2 (I don't count CJ here because I think he is a marginal 1st round candidate). I think if things play the way I hope, after DC2's junior year he could go high but will chose not to. I think Grant and McCoullough will both go at the first signs, before DC2.

A second round player would be foolish to declare until he saw who else was going to declare and move him down the list.

CJ could go for 18-2o, 7-8 rebs a night next year in the ACC. Would help his draft stock.

Besides that, doesn't he want to piss on UNC and Duke?

I'll say it again: Jimmy Butler is playing a lot for the Bulls. Jimmy. Butler. Would you take him his senior year over CJ next year?!?

And - this draft is really weak. Next years draft if stacked. He needs to stay - but the strength of the draft classes could be too much.

There is not a mock draft out there who even has Fair being chosen in the second round, much less the first.

He's a 6-7 player with a slow shooting release, poor ball-handling skills, a slight frame, and difficulty creating for himself. He's a great all-around college player but he doesn't do any one thing great. He's a great college player and I'm hoping he wants to finish his career.

There is not a mock draft out there who even has Fair being chosen in the second round, much less the first.

He's a 6-7 player with a slow shooting release, poor ball-handling skills, a slight frame, and difficulty creating for himself. He's a great all-around college player but he doesn't do any one thing great. He's a great college player and I'm hoping he wants to finish his career.
I am pretty sure he will be back.

FWIW NBADraft.net has CJ going as pick 25. I know there different players but Wes averaged 16 points 8 boards and CJ averaged 14 and 7 this year and no reason to expect CJ not to make those minimal improvements. CJ seems like a kid that won't regress and has steadily improved every year unlike KJO who never really improved like we thought from his sophomore year. I also think that CJ was incredibly underrated coming in from HS and that he would have been a burger boy or at least fringe if he didn't tear his ACL. Makes just too much sense for him to stay be a 1st team all ACC 2 or 1 team all American decent tournament run no reason shouldn't be a 15-20 pick.

FWIW NBADraft.net has CJ going as pick 25. I know there different players but Wes averaged 16 points 8 boards and CJ averaged 14 and 7 this year and no reason to expect CJ not to make those minimal improvements. CJ seems like a kid that won't regress and has steadily improved every year unlike KJO who never really improved like we thought from his sophomore year. I also think that CJ was incredibly underrated coming in from HS and that he would have been a burger boy or at least fringe if he didn't tear his ACL. Makes just too much sense for him to stay be a 1st team all ACC 2 or 1 team all American decent tournament run no reason shouldn't be a 15-20 pick.

Can you provide a link? Because the nbadraft.net I'm looking at has Tony Mitchell at pick 25.

That is the 2014 draft...next year

Opportunity costs. He misses a year of investing and also loses the year on his professional career.

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2

Why? His draft position is unlikely to improve much, if at all. He will cost himself money coming back with this loaded class next year.
If he's a 2nd round pick how does he cost himself money by staying for his senior year? Very few 2nd round picks ever stick on NBA rosters and they don't get any guaranteed money to sign.

Opportunity costs. He misses a year of investing and also loses the year on his professional career.

By that logic everyone should quit college.

He has little to no chance of being drafted in the first round this season, which diminishes his chances of landing on an NBA roster. In that case, might as well come back, refine his game, have some fun, and get his degree.

Is that a 'fargin' trick kind of thing? :)

If you don't think Fab would be drafted in the first round after his sophomore season, you were drunk.

If you don't think Fab would be drafted in the first round after his sophomore season, you were drunk.

Fab was all potential and I still think that if he wasn't an idiot and participated in the NCAA tournament and did decent like 10, 8, 3 blocks a game an we go to the national championship game he's a late lottery pick. Not going to class cost him a LOT of money.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom