Clemson Postgame Thoughts 2 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Clemson Postgame Thoughts 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
People need to get real, if we traded Girard for Mintz we’d have a losing record. We’ve seen that movie for four long horrific years.

As Dash said he has a guy who is the ultimate bail out, Mintz doesn’t.
You can’t win this way over the long haul in 2024. We need better off ball movement.

Probably sinks our ncha chances, barring an unforeseen run in the ACC tournament.

Clemson's players were an increment better than ours, in terms of complimentary talent.

They're going to f****** blow next year when 87% of their scoring is gone.

Lousy road game to have to play at the end of this season. Poor matchup.
With the transfer portal, you can never say a team will be bad next year.

Wonder what two ACC tournament wins does for us. I hate feeling like we have to win the whole thing because that’s just not likely. Maybe 2 and we have a shot? It’s doubtful but I’m holding onto a slight sliver of hope.
We have no shot unless we win the tournament. Another blow out loss.

My thoughts are the team should try to play as hard as possible in the ACCT, but the reality is we’re headed to the NIT. I’m assuming we’re a lock for the NIT. I hope we don’t lose our first game in the ACCT and somehow get cut from the NIT.

Once we’re in the NIT I hope they play inspired basketball.

The better, bigger, more experienced team played better and beat us at home. There was a reason they were favored by 10.
-watching Joe play in peak physical condition compared to when he was here is so frustrating, just as frustrating is watching him take high-quality shots that he can make. Just shows that he was not used properly here.
-A lot of people on the game thread were complaining about Judah taking too many shots, but I don’t know what alternative he had. The other guys were not getting open. But it is remarkable how any improvement he had shooting the three has disappeared. He wasn’t even close from beyond the arc. It was effectively a turnover Every time he tried a three.
-Brown has been playing out of position all year but he was absolutely abused by Hall. I don’t know what we could’ve done to change that.
-Clemson did a nice job protecting Joe on the defensive end as well. our guys were not able to hunt him down on offense like they did in the first game. JJ essentially disappeared.
-The season was lost at Boston College and Georgia Tech and against Florida State

Last edited:
You beat me to it.

I have no idea how anyone can watch Judah in this game and think 1) he's ever going to the NBA or 2) we should break the bank to pay him.

He not only was a model of inefficiency on offense, he was TERRIBLE on defense and complained more than usual including in between FTs and during possessions. I'm flabbergasted he didn't get a T.

Maliq was 12 pts (on 7 FGA), 11 boards (3 O boards), 1 assist, 2 steals.

HATER!!

People need to get real, if we traded Girard for Mintz we’d have a losing record. We’ve seen that movie for four long horrific years.

Does everyone forget that we , this board included, ran Joe out of town. And next year, If Mintz is playing for someone else, and I am pretty sure he will be, we will be singing the same song about him that people are saying about Joe.

You beat me to it.

I have no idea how anyone can watch Judah in this game and think 1) he's ever going to the NBA or 2) we should break the bank to pay him.

He not only was a model of inefficiency on offense, he was TERRIBLE on defense and complained more than usual including in between FTs and during possessions. I'm flabbergasted he didn't get a T.

Maliq was 12 pts (on 7 FGA), 11 boards (3 O boards), 1 assist, 2 steals.
Kidding.

Sorry, why is trading Joe for Mintz our only option?

Forget Joe.

Judah went 21 FGAs on 20 pts. How fun is it do you think to play with him out there?

Girard with a guy that can get a layup any time he wants one. Mintz, without that
True but Girard is a much more seasoned player than Mintz and badly outplayed him tonight. Mintz got baited early into bad threes instead of driving.

I’d love for many to leave from this roster…they had some ok moments but we aren’t disciplined at all and have sucked on the road…we are NIT bound

Just sad to see the NCAA hopes disappear like that...unless there's a ridiculous run in the ACC Tournament.
So be it.
Let's go Orange...let's win the ACC.

I'm not saying we'd be better off with Girard than Mintz, but that stat speaks to everything that is wrong with Judah's game. When he's not being even remotely efficient, you get  more volume, not less.

I’d love for many to leave from this roster…they had some ok moments but we aren’t disciplined at all and have sucked on the road…we are NIT bound
Everyone sucks on the road. That is college ball. Honestly, I'm surprised we got 3 league wins on the road.

the Cuse played valiantly...tried their best.

Clemson exploited the flaws of the Orange quite effectively.

SU defense simply had no power to stop anything...

I see a lot of posts in this thread and the post-game focusing on the offense...but it was the inablity to get any sort of stops that made winning this game impossible.

Sorry, why is trading Joe for Mintz our only option?

Forget Joe.

Judah went 21 FGAs on 20 pts. How fun is it do you think to play with him out there?
I understand that point, I also think a lot has to do with the team around him.

My point is more towards the original post which was a straight comparison between Joe and Mintz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom