Clemson Postgame Thoughts 2 | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Clemson Postgame Thoughts 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
You think Joe would have had a big year here? Without Hall to help? Really? He has a team with him now.
WHO CARES ABOUT JOE? HE IS GONE.

Judah just went 21 FGAs and 20 PTS!

We have Judah. Judah isn't elite. Judah doesn't get people involved. He complains ALL GAME. He plays terrible defense.

And people still want to pay him a gajillion dollars.

in the 1st half I was impressed with the refs and thought wow they are actually going to call a fair game - shocking

but then in the 2nd they missed at least 10 fouls on clemson...and my expectations of ACC reffing were sadly met once again.

You think Joe would have had a big year here? Without Hall to help? Really? He has a team with him now.

Joe was good here last year. Quite honestly, there isnt a huge difference stats-wise between 2023 and 2024 JG3

The major flaw on this year's team is lack of a PF. A guy like Schieffelin would have made a huge difference on the team. Taylor and Copeland may try but they are not PFs. The hope was Williams would be the man but that did not happen even before his dismissal. Clemson's reliance on zone defense in the 2nd half was smart. Cuffe hit 3 3s but everyone else was horrible. Clemson also did a nice job of limiting Bell on offense.

I'm not saying we'd be better off with Girard than Mintz, but that stat speaks to everything that is wrong with Judah's game. When he's not being even remotely efficient, you get  more volume, not less.
Yeah. But who to pass to? We are so limited. Taylor? Brown? he doesn't really work down low to get the ball. Bell? Great when he is left alone but when he isn't...Judah shoots too much but what is the alternative?

GT up 18-4 right now. If Pitt and WF both lose, did we lose much ground?

I don’t think we shouldn’t be 85 on the Net that’s ridiculous college basketball has gone down the tubes with this bs. Any other year we would need one win to get in

This team needs some beef. We can’t bang with anyone. This is when I wish we had McCloud. He would make difference. They wouldn’t just back our guys down and score at will.
Low key changed the trajectory of our ceiling more then we all admitted.

Judah went 21 FGAs on 20 pts. How fun is it do you think to play with him out there?
And when Judah goes into crazy zig-zagging triple pump fake mode, literally all our other players just stop and watch (and you can't blame them). It's just the opposite of everything team basketball is supposed to be.

Yeah. But who to pass to? We are so limited. Taylor? Brown? he doesn't really work down low to get the ball. Bell? Great when he is left alone but when he isn't...Judah shoots too much but what is the alternative?

Literally anything.

21 FGA and 20 points.

End of story. Maliq? Bell? Q scored 17 this game. Maliq dropped 12. What are you talking about? You think there is no way to get others involved?

You said it. Joe has played 5 years of college ball. Mintz has played 2.
100% agreed. Judah is frustrating at times but I do not want him to go. He is still learning and will get better (hopefully here) and a better supporting cast will help. His early games threes were exactly what Clemson wanted and we didn’t need to have those desperate shots in the first half.

Yeah. I could tell by the love the board gave him game after game.

Talk to the board - wasn't me. I personally never got the hate. Always a role on my team for a 40% 3PT shooter

in the 1st half I was impressed with the refs and thought wow they are actually going to call a fair game - shocking

but then in the 2nd they missed at least 10 fouls on clemson...and my expectations of ACC reffing were sadly met once again.
Please. They didn't beat us.

The only call that really made me angry was the elbow on Cuffe in the first half. Besides that I thought it was a fairly non-controversial game officiating wise.

100% agreed. Judah is frustrating at times but I do not want him to go. He is still learning and will get better (hopefully here) and a better supporting cast will help. His early games threes were exactly what Clemson wanted and we didn’t need to have those desperate shots in the first half.
Well, he won't be back. Pretty sure of that.

When we made that little run in the 1rst half it was with Cope initiating the offense. Why was that abandoned in the 2nd half in favor of Mintz hero-ball?

I know JT is everyones favorite punching bag, but if Bell isn't taking or making 3s, he's useless. JT is a much better defender. So why wwasn'tBell subbed out after Hall's backup abused him for 6 straight points???

WHO CARES ABOUT JOE? HE IS GONE.

Judah just went 21 FGAs and 20 PTS!

We have Judah. Judah isn't elite. Judah doesn't get people involved. He complains ALL GAME. He plays terrible defense.

And people still want to pay him a gajillion dollars.
man...clemsons d...pretty much took everything other than dribble drives away...it was all they had...

when you have zero interior scorers ...and they other team is good defensively...what are you going to do??

that game was not Judah's fault! not even close...

taylor, JJ, bell, brown etc offered almost nothing on offense!! i mean, i get it that it seems like its judah's fault that he was inefficient...and I havent been a fan of some of his games earlier this year...but judah was not the problem this game. at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom