Clemson Postgame Thoughts 2 | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Clemson Postgame Thoughts 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does everyone forget that we , this board included, ran Joe out of town. And next year, If Mintz is playing for someone else, and I am pretty sure he will be, we will be singing the same song about him that people are saying about Joe.
That is total hyperbole. Way more people wanted Joe to leave over Judah, it’s not even a comparison. Just because somebody notes flaws in his game doesn’t mean we want him to leave.

Does everyone forget that we , this board included, ran Joe out of town. And next year, If Mintz is playing for someone else, and I am pretty sure he will be, we will be singing the same song about him that people are saying about Joe.
Mintz in the portal or professional ball?
If portal, in your opinion, is thay because of money or not wanting to play at Cuse anymore

People need to get real, if we traded Girard for Mintz we’d have a losing record. We’ve seen that movie for four long horrific years.

As Dash said he has a guy who is the ultimate bail out, Mintz doesn’t.
Agree with a caveat that I'm not sure Judah would allow Hall to be a bail out. Joe and Judah are apples and oranges. Better debate is what the record would be with Joe rather than JJ.

Nope

Yeah. But who to pass to? We are so limited. Taylor? Brown? he doesn't really work down low to get the ball. Bell? Great when he is left alone but when he isn't...Judah shoots too much but what is the alternative?
Our offense had been pretty good for
a month, but that included running P&R and cutting off the ball. Where that went tonight I have no idea. I get Judah can score, but I have a hard time giving him a pass considering the defense he tried to play(none).

JJ continues to disappoint again the past few games. He’s got to get better next year.

Joe is on a team that is close to perfect for his skills. He wouldn't have done well this year at SU as he needs to play off a strong inside game.
If we had McCloud the game would have been different. We have a forward playing center and guards playing forward. Clemson is too physical for us. They are a really bad match up. If you like to bet load the boat against Clemson in the tournament if the opponent is physical inside.
Guys never gave up, we just needed to be really hot from the perimeter. They took away Bell and gave Judah the 3. He didn't hit from there. Combined with Halls domination of the paint and its the game.
Again, we really could have used McCloud.

The only call that really made me angry was the elbow on Cuffe in the first half. Besides that I thought it was a fairly non-controversial game officiating wise.
off the top of my head - joe elbowed judah in the chest (no call), some clemson guy landed on cuffe (CLEAR FOUL), Quadir was called for a foul when all he got was air, judah was fouled on multiple shots that went uncalled...I thought quadir was fouled several times on drives that also went uncalled, also dubious calls/no calls with bell.

the fact that Syracuse had more total fouls in that game than Clemson is ridiculous to me...but expected for senior night.

like I said, there were probably 10 fouls on Clemson that went uncalled...and it probably wouldnt have changed that clemson won the game - but to act like it didnt have an impact is ridiculous.

the better team won - but the refs made sure they did.

in the 1st half I was impressed with the refs and thought wow they are actually going to call a fair game - shocking

but then in the 2nd they missed at least 10 fouls on clemson...and my expectations of ACC reffing were sadly met once again.

That is total hyperbole. Way more people wanted Joe to leave over Judah, it’s not even a comparison. Just because somebody notes flaws in his game doesn’t mean we want him to leave.
It doesn't matter what you want. He is leaving.

Well thank goodness we didn’t even try to run a two big lineup. You would be hard pressed to find a worse coached defense. At least JB had a clearly antiquated style, this is just terrible coaching with zero understanding of how to accurately switch and how to hold players accountable.

1 game and out in the tournament because no one else will put in as little effort of this team does defensively.
Probably so! Of course we are a game on, game off team most of the year. Most likely we will sit through out the weekend and come out stale!

I think Red did a good job coaching this team but he will need to do a better job this offseason if he wants to make it back to the NCAA tournament. The roster needs major changes not just in talent but attitude. And I hope that change isn't just JT and Mintz headed out the door.

It doesn't matter what you want. He is leaving.
I was addressing your false contention that people are running Judah out of town like they did Joe. There is no comparison.

Imagine thinking that was the “trade” Jfc.

The trade would’ve been JJ and I’m not sure we lose much. he’s had like 4 good offensive games and 30 terrible defensive ones. If anything you get an actual leader who plays for the name on the front not the back.
That’s right, imagine this year’s team with the always unselfish Joe Girard, who caused a Clemson turnover tonight by trying to intercept a pass intended for his teammate.

Girard did a great job of pulling last year’s team together and stopping a four game death spiral of 20+ point blowouts. We might have gotten blasted 5 or 6 straight games without his leadership.

Agree with a caveat that I'm not sure Judah would allow Hall to be a bail out. Joe and Judah are apples and oranges. Better debate is what the record would be with Joe rather than JJ.

It wouldn't change IMO.

Our offense had been pretty good for
a month, but that included running P&R and cutting off the ball. Where that went tonight I have no idea. I get Judah can score, but I have a hard time giving him a pass considering the defense he tried to play(none).

JJ continues to disappoint again the past few games. He’s got to get better next year.
Not sure what happened to JJ this week. His shot looks off again, including on free throws. And Judah's shot from deep is completely broken, perhaps more than JJ's was early in the season. Hopefully, they both can work things out in the next week before the ACCT, or this team may be one and done in DC.

Agreed but we did have Joe last year and had a true big man….Still didn’t work out to well.
...and only shot lights out from the free throw lane for us in his first year. Glad we persisted to foul him at the end. Great strategy on our part

Well thank goodness we didn’t even try to run a two big lineup. You would be hard pressed to find a worse coached defense. At least JB had a clearly antiquated style, this is just terrible coaching with zero understanding of how to accurately switch and how to hold players accountable.

1 game and out in the tournament because no one else will put in as little effort of this team does defensively.

Wow- why don’t you offer your name up to JW then? Your anti Red agenda is absurd and old.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom