Clemson Postgame Thoughts 2 | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Clemson Postgame Thoughts 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cuse will be really good next year IF they all stay (sans Mintz) and find a center in the portal. McCloud was not good and is not the answer... there is a reason he did not play much at FSU and Brown subbed for him at the first time out. We have a really good MCD's AA PF coming in to sub(a good rebounder) and a really good shooting guard...will give us some depth. Copeland will be a good point guard if he settles down and plays with control...he can penetrate and pass and it looks like his shot is coming...much better shot than Mintz. I'm thinking Tayor may leave seeing his minutes diminish. Give Red some time ..JB would have had this team playing zone all year and getting torched with by threes and a slow down half court ball screen offense... give $$$ to the NIL so we can keep these guys!

Thought the offense got stagnant and had a ton of bad possessions. Sort of like it had been prior to this latest hot streak. Judah trying to do way too much, and not enough team ball. Bell is a non factor in this game - Clemson took him out way too easily. He stands around way too much and has no versatility to his game. Too easy to guard.

Copeland & Brown are such solid contributors, and I think Copeland has more potential to be a primary option on a good team. Starling struggled mightily this game - bad decisions everywhere. Worst game in a month. Disappointing.

Defensively, we had no answers. Mintz was terrible on defense. But it didn’t matter much - it was going to be hard to make up for our lack of size.

Disappointed with the result but happy we at least had a meaningful game in March for the first time in 3 years. Hope we have more than one next year. We better.

I was addressing your false contention that people are running Judah out of town like they did Joe. There is no comparison.
Yeah, there is. I don't know what board you are on. I don't know what radio you listen to, but read this board. All over the game thread, people can't "wait until he is gone". What are you talking about?

To be honest we look like we have a lot of mediocre players McCloud, Cuffe, seem like nice kids but this is reds team he put this together and frankly it just didn’t work. We don’t have leaders on this team. Everyone keeps saying what we need for next year but idk if we are willing to spend the money necessary to be where this program should be

For the record, the officiating sucked today. We needed a crew that was going to call fouls - instead we got Brian O’Connell, the king of the no call. And a completely arrogant SOB. Writing was on the wall before the jump.

Thought the offense got stagnant and had a ton of bad possessions. Sort of like it had been prior to this latest hot streak. Judah trying to do way too much, and not enough team ball. Bell is a non factor in this game - Clemson took him out way too easily. He stands around way too much and has no versatility to his game. Too easy to guard.

Copeland & Brown are such solid contributors, and I think Copeland has more potential to be a primary option on a good team. Starling struggled mightily this game - bad decisions everywhere. Worst game in a month. Disappointing.

Defensively, we had no answers. Mintz was terrible on defense. But it didn’t matter much - it was going to be hard to make up for our lack of size.

Disappointed with the result but happy we at least had a meaningful game in March for the first time in 3 years. Hope we have more than one next year. We better.

That's what happens with teams that lack legitimate lead guards.

Which some will interpret as a slight against Judah / JJ.

Well thank goodness we didn’t even try to run a two big lineup. You would be hard pressed to find a worse coached defense. At least JB had a clearly antiquated style, this is just terrible coaching with zero understanding of how to accurately switch and how to hold players accountable.

1 game and out in the tournament because no one else will put in as little effort of this team does defensively.
Hard to run a two big lineup when you only have one big who can play.

We need a reliable portal C and Bell and Q to add 10-15 lbs, of muscle. Tough timing for Bell to disappear on offense

Well thank goodness we didn’t even try to run a two big lineup. You would be hard pressed to find a worse coached defense. At least JB had a clearly antiquated style, this is just terrible coaching with zero understanding of how to accurately switch and how to hold players accountable.

1 game and out in the tournament because no one else will put in as little effort of this team does defensively.
Oh you wanted Hima out there lol?

If we even get into the NIT, we should say no. Need to start recruiting the portal ASAP.
christmas vacation GIF

We need a reliable portal C and Bell and Q to add 10-15 lbs, of muscle. Tough timing for Bell to disappear on offense

The forwards and Center are going to disappear when the 3 guards take all the shots. When they are all in chuck or get mine mode then everyone else on the team just gets to stand and watch. The offense we saw tonight was the opposite of what we saw during our streak. Did we still score? Sure but the way we scored was worse for the team as a whole.

Key word is role.

Sure, but he doesnt write out the starting line-up so that's his fault, how?
(By the way, he's playing 35 min a game at Clemson this year too).

Must be doing something right.

JG3 really loves his new team. He never showed the affection towards his teammates prior this year.
arguably one of, if not the, single dumbest thing I’ve read on this board

JG3 really loves his new team. He never showed the affection towards his teammates prior this year.
South Carolina is perfect for him. Ill be surprised if he comes back to CNY

Come on, he practically lived at JB's house.
JB is his coach. I mean how JG3 treated teammates differently. In prior years JG3 treated SU players like colleagues to have a working relationship. But now you can see he really loves most of his new teammates like brothers.

Sure, but he doesnt write out the starting line-up so that's his fault, how?
(By the way, he's playing 35 min a game at Clemson this year too).

Must be doing something right.
It's not his fault.

...and only shot lights out from the free throw lane for us in his first year. Glad we persisted to foul him at the end. Great strategy on our part
.894, .780, .882 and .857 from the line in his four seasons at SU. What a slacker! Figures he'd save the 95% for Clemson.

Cuse will be really good next year IF they all stay (sans Mintz) and find a center in the portal. McCloud was not good and is not the answer... there is a reason he did not play much at FSU and Brown subbed for him at the first time out. We have a really good MCD's AA PF coming in to sub(a good rebounder) and a really good shooting guard...will give us some depth. Copeland will be a good point guard if he settles down and plays with control...he can penetrate and pass and it looks like his shot is coming...much better shot than Mintz. I'm thinking Tayor may leave seeing his minutes diminish. Give Red some time ..JB would have had this team playing zone all year and getting torched with by threes and a slow down half court ball screen offense... give $$$ to the NIL so we can keep these guys!
Yay another year of terrible defense

And this team got torched by 3s. The only difference is they got 2 lucky games early on from Oregon and LSU where they couldn’t hit the broad side of a barn. That skewed the numbers early and made it seem like they had improved, if you look at the last 12 games, they were just as bad, if not worse, than last year.

Yeah, there is. I don't know what board you are on. I don't know what radio you listen to, but read this board. All over the game thread, people can't "wait until he is gone". What are you talking about?
Of course there are but read my post more slowly. You are saying that people are running Judah out like they did Joe. Far more people complained about Joe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom