Clemson Predictions... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Clemson Predictions...

Bad guys 37. Good guys 17. They’re a very good team that’s ready to right the ship. Hope I’m wrong.

Reading the Clemson board they don't give us much of a chance. A couple are worried about turnovers but most think they'll just run the ball all day.

There's a brave (crazy) SU fan over there arguing with them.

This is when we start finding out if we're really that good or if the early season success was a little fools gold. He're hoping for the former. We're better prepared this year than we were last year.
I think it’s a little of both. The record looks great, but the competition was weak. The stats look great, but people forget that Shrader and lots of other starters only played half of two of those games. So both things are true at the same time.

This is when we start finding out if we're really that good or if the early season success was a little fools gold. He're hoping for the former. We're better prepared this year than we were last year.
I think we should be solid against the rush. We'll give up some plays but we'll also make stops to put them in longer downs.

Despite Clemson being 2-2 really I think Clemson is slightly better than us right now, especially if we have Jones out. But this game can go either way. I think this game is going to be fairly defensive. Not too many points scored. I liked the under on the 53.5 pts. But considering we are playing at home I think the 7 pts and now 6.5 pts spread is a bit too much.

I think this comes down to QB play. Shrader is going to have to do what he does best in being involved in the run and scramble game and not get hurt this time. I think we dial up the pressure in spots and cause a big turnover or two by Klubnik. Hopefully we bring out some new creative plays in the offense for this one.

Shrader - 27
Klubnik - 24

I think we should be solid against the rush. We'll give up some plays but we'll also make stops to put them in longer downs.

Despite Clemson being 2-2 really I think Clemson is slightly better than us right now, especially if we have Jones out. But this game can go either way. I think this game is going to be fairly defensive. Not too many points scored. I liked the under on the 53.5 pts. But considering we are playing at home I think the 7 pts and now 6.5 pts spread is a bit too much.

I think this comes down to QB play. Shrader is going to have to do what he does best in being involved in the run and scramble game and not get hurt this time. I think we dial up the pressure in spots and cause a big turnover or two by Klubnik. Hopefully we bring out some new creative plays in the offense for this one.

Shrader - 27
Klubnik - 24
I am definitely most worried about them overwhelming our OL, and they are good at spying Shrader and forcing him to be more of a pocket guy running for his life. Their front 7 is outstanding. Shipley will get some yards but I totally agree, our DL is much better than what we put on the field against them last year so I think(hope) we will be ok there, Rocky will make the adjustments we need. I know the narrative about the 3-3-5 vs power running teams but I think what we saw last year against Clemson, ND etc. during the brutal 2nd half stretch was much more personnel related. 100% agree that this will come down to Shrader and winning the turnover battle(which still didn't get us the win last year, with a 4-1 advantage and a defensive scoop and score, mind you). LeQuint as a pass catcher could be crucial, he will be a safety valve for GS if the heat of their pass rush gets to be really heavy

I think it’s a little of both. The record looks great, but the competition was weak. The stats look great, but people forget that Shrader and lots of other starters only played half of two of those games. So both things are true at the same time.
My comment was specific to stopping their running game, but all of what you said is true with that and universally. I see this as very much a measuring stick game. Lot's of questions will likely be answered this week.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom