Clemson Tailgate thread | Syracusefan.com

Clemson Tailgate thread

Cuseregular

Hall of Fame
It's never too early to get the ball rolling gang for the big game tailgate. Gonna use this thread for all communications to figure things out so please use this thread for all info. a Few things:

Number one is Nell and Jeremy get to sit back and relax and enjoy for once. Secondly the wife will be making her legendary heart attack on a plate dish that was immortalized in the food section of the paper years back. Thirdly, it's time for everyone who does most of the work to sit back and relax and enjoy as well.

I will, however, need another grillmeister or two with your grills to help me cooking the vittles. Speaking of the menu is as follows:

The tailgate will run from 1130-245/3ish (to allow break down in time to get to the game).

Starting at 1130 will be:
-----------------------------
Cheese, meats, and crackers
Consigs Pepper poppers
Turkey wraps
Coneys/Dogs
Wisconsin spiced beer brats
Cheeseburgers
Tossed Salad
Dessert and jello shots

For 12 noon also added will be:
----------------------------------------
Tray of herbed roasted potatoes
Sausage, peppers n onions on a roll
Pulled pork sandwiches
Chicken Parmigiana on a roll

Showing up at 1230 for a one time special appearance (and likely last appearance ever as the wife would much rather be here ):
image.jpeg

Heart attack on a plate (was funny 15 years ago writing that, not so much now as I move up in years :eek:, anyway it's ziti dish with every cheese known to man, sausage and ground beef I believe)

Cusenewbie right now we have 65 or so, which I'd imagine will hit at least 75 by game day so do your calculations and come up with the drink needs. Cusenewb and I will be bringing our tents, both heated and I'll have several tailgate portable heaters for use. As of today the weather looks horrendous and cold n windy so everyone who has a canopy should plan to bring it along with your usual chairs, etc. Other than needing one table from Jeremy there should be no need for anything further in terms of food or food setup as we got it covered.

Please continue chime in here if you plan to attend. Thank you.

Last edited:
I am going to the hoops game the night before, but I SHOULD be at the tailgate & game.

Looking for 1-2 tix.

It's never too early to get the ball rolling gang for the big game tailgate. Even though it's too early to have a game time announced and a full plan to layout as a result, a few things will be happening for sure.

Number one is Nell and Jeremy get to sit back and relax and enjoy for once. Secondly whether a nooner or later the wife will be making her legendary heart attack on a plate dish that was immortalized in the food section of the paper years back. If it's an early tailgate I'll be firing up the morning tailgate breakfast sandwiches that are nearly legendary as well if I do say so myself. :p

I'll need to step up my game after JSOrange97's and his lovely wifes fantastic ones at the last tailgate. Speaking of props to you John for helping to raise the bar with Jeremy and Nell to take these things to the next level with the food, the tunes, etc, appreciate the efforts man. As for the rest of the food it will be announced later but I can assure you it will be food never seen at one of our tailgates before...

The only help I'll need from anyone other than Cusenewbie and others in my crew might be another one or two grillmasters to help with brats, burgs and dogs (depending on numbers planning to show).
Please chime in here if you plan to attend. Thank you.

In for 2. I'll prompt the rest of the Consigliere Crew to respond. Plan on bringing a batch of peppers at the very least for this one. Waiting on game time to see what else we can offer.

1 as always

Maybe 2 more also have some interest in my other season ticket. But if they lose again this week that interest might fade like a lot of other people's interest in the program.

Expecting the Cuse to be 3-6 coming into this game and getting slaughtered!

!!!Warning!!!! Don't tell me this program is close to turning the corner to consistent winning either!!!!

1 as always

Maybe 2 more also have some interest in my other season ticket. But if they lose again this week that interest might fade like a lot of other people's interest in the program.

Expecting the Cuse to be 3-6 coming into this game and getting slaughtered!

!!!Warning!!!! Don't tell me this program is close to turning the corner to consistent winning either!!!!
even my optomistic glass half full perspective has it's limits, see my other posts for what I really think (hint think Waterboy!)

Edit: ha see you've already seen it! LOL

I will be there with definitely 2 and most likely 5 total. I don't have a tailgate grill but if someone else brings one I am available to do some cooking if you need the assistance. I will get with the wife and see what she wants to make or have me make this week. I do make a mean 4 cheese mac and cheese.

It's never too early to get the ball rolling gang for the big game tailgate. Even though it's too early to have a game time announced and a full plan to layout as a result, a few things will be happening for sure.

Number one is Nell and Jeremy get to sit back and relax and enjoy for once. Secondly whether a nooner or later the wife will be making her legendary heart attack on a plate dish that was immortalized in the food section of the paper years back. If it's an early tailgate I'll be firing up the morning tailgate breakfast sandwiches that are nearly legendary as well if I do say so myself. :p

I'll need to step up my game after JSOrange97's and his lovely wifes fantastic ones at the last tailgate. Speaking of props to you John for helping to raise the bar with Jeremy and Nell to take these things to the next level with the food, the tunes, etc, appreciate the efforts man. As for the rest of the food it will be announced later but I can assure you it will be food never seen at one of our tailgates before...

The only help I'll need from anyone other than Cusenewbie and others in my crew might be another one or two grillmasters to help with brats, burgs and dogs (depending on numbers planning to show).
Please chime in here if you plan to attend. Thank you.
2 unless the game is played at 7 AM

Chris02M said:
Kickoff set for 330

Finally

please check updated/edit tailgate post at the top of this thread

Forecast high of 45 degrees and showers. But kickoff is not at noon. Count us in with 3.

It's never too early to get the ball rolling gang for the big game tailgate. Gonna use this thread for all communications to figure things out so please use this thread for all info. a Few things:

Number one is Nell and Jeremy get to sit back and relax and enjoy for once. Secondly the wife will be making her legendary heart attack on a plate dish that was immortalized in the food section of the paper years back. Thirdly, it's time for everyone who does most of the work to sit back and relax and enjoy as well. Jeremy other than needing one of your long tables I don't think I'll need anything from you.

I will, however, need another grillmeister or two with your grills to help me cooking the vittles. Speaking of the menu is as follows:

Cheese, meats, and crackers
Consigs Pepper poppers
Wisconsin spiced beer basted brats
Coneys and dogs
Cheeseburgers
Turkey wraps
Sausage, peppers n onions
Chicken Parmigiana
Heart attack on a plate (was funny 15 years ago writing that, not so much now :eek:, anyway it's ziti dish with every cheese know to man, sausage and ground beef I believe)
Pulled pork sandwiches
Some salad like stuff to be named later
Some desert to be figure out later

Cusenewbie right now we have 50 or so, which I'd imagine will hit 75 by game day so do your calculations and come up with the drink needs. Cusenewb and I will be bringing our tents, both heated and I'll have a bunch of tailgate heaters for use. More to come.
Please continue chime in here if you plan to attend. Thank you.

In for two. If you need another grillman, I got your back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom