Clemson ticket sales at the moment. | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

Clemson ticket sales at the moment.

Just talked to a friend in the know...tickets are selling at a high rate. SU feels a sellout is in reach if the walkup is solid on gameday.

Bottomline: I'm revising my attendance guess to 48k.

Yesssssss omggg I'm so pumpedddd

iPhone 7 using Tapatalk

Very curious to see what that Ticketmaster seat map looks like in 48 hours, after the ticket drop that SU is announcing tomorrow...but also after a couple of days of the Living Social promotion and some good marketing efforts...

Not set aside per se. I just did a test and the exact same section and seat number is being sold by SU for full price, so you can get the same seat from either place. Buy thru living social and they get taken off the SU link. The test I did was 150 tix thru SU but 52 thru living social. I still think someone may be subsidizing these. How can SU in good conscience sell for 2 prices? Just reduce them all if you're gonna do it quietly thru a little known site.

Living Social isn't a little know site. It's registered user base is something like 70 million worldwide.

It's a marketing tactic aimed at getting people who otherwise wouldn't be customers to come and possibly be repeat customers. That is why you take the hit on the ticket margins.

The people going through SU are the normal, current potential customers for the most part. There is already an existing relationship there. If they do the due diligence to see if there are any deals, they may scoop up the LS deal. If not, they'll pay full price.

You don't reduce all avenues of purchase because not every customer is worth the margin hit.

Just talked to a friend in the know...tickets are selling at a high rate. SU feels a sellout is in reach if the walkup is solid on gameday.

Very helpful once the actual game time is known, eh? EScePN (and others), with applied pressure from the conferences, need to rethink this 6-day hold business.

Good for the locals--this is exactly what we needed to [1] provide whatever meager advantage having a big crowd provides, and [2] to pack the house to leave a lasting impression on the numerous recruits who will be in attendance.
And the folks watching on TV.

Great environment for a college football game. First regular-season meeting between two new conference foes, Heisman candidate, big crowd in a loud venue, etc etc.

Welcome to the ACC!

Can't wait to see a packed Carrier Dome on Saturday. This great news for the players and coaching staff!!

It proves once again that Syracuse is an "event" town where the casual sports fans only show up for big events like the Crunch outdoor hockey game, Georgetown hoops game, Calder Cup finals, and Duke hoops game in February. I am thrilled that SU football is finally an "event" that people want to see in this town!!!

Living Social isn't a little know site. It's registered user base is something like 70 million worldwide.

It's a marketing tactic aimed at getting people who otherwise wouldn't be customers to come and possibly be repeat customers. That is why you take the hit on the ticket margins.

The people going through SU are the normal, current potential customers for the most part. There is already an existing relationship there. If they do the due diligence to see if there are any deals, they may scoop up the LS deal. If not, they'll pay full price.

You don't reduce all avenues of purchase because not every customer is worth the margin hit.

Well if it makes you feel any better, I am jealous of your town. Love Austin. Look forward to coming back for SxSW again in March...

Agreed Mike...Bees is a Dinosaur. :D

Very curious to see what that Ticketmaster seat map looks like in 48 hours, after the ticket drop that SU is announcing tomorrow...but also after a couple of days of the Living Social promotion and some good marketing efforts...

I have no inside knowledge but I'm thinking the 100 level ticket drop by SU will be any unsold seats between the 20s. We absolutely need to see a full house between the goal lines.

I have no inside knowledge but I'm thinking the 100 level ticket drop by SU will be any unsold seats between the 20s. We absolutely need to see a full house between the goal lines.

Agreed. I think we are close. Def some work to do in 303, 336...corresponding sections across field. But seems like we can definitely put a significant dent into that. And even in the upper end zone & corners, while I know there will be seats, Im hoping we are talking scattered rows rather than big massive sections of silver.

The nice thing is that...100 level looks down to its last 100 or so seats (pending the drop tomorrow), so really, its all about the 3rd tier now. That's a good thing because I think the chances of someone deciding "What the heck let's go to the game tomorrow" are much higher given the more reasonable prices up there.

God I hope so. I hope everyone sitting around me in 129 paid $5.00

How many people here know about it? I never heard of it. It's certainly not known like a stubhub.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like 94 seats left in the 100 level according to current Ticketmaster availability (including one pretty choice yet strangely located single front row near dead center of the "Orange" end zone). Again...this is pending the release tomorrow of what I assume are unused Clemson tickets.

I sent sent the Living Social link to a bunch of friends via email in case they did not hear about the discounted tickets. Figured every little bit helps.

How many people here know about it? I never heard of it. It's certainly not known like a stubhub.

Have you heard of Groupon? It's basically the same idea but its the little less successful cousin.

Hey all. At last check there are 697 tickets for sale on Stubhub to account for.

Hey all. At last check there are 697 tickets for sale on Stubhub to account for.

Well...they ARE sold... ;)

Honestly, that number doesnt bother me. I know we are going to have no shows its just the way it is. I tend to assume MOST people who arent coming would want to sell them. So...if we only have 1,000 no shows out of 47-48K sold (as opposed to what, the 12K+ out of roughly 36K sold we had with Tulane) I would be just fine with that...the Dome would be rocking.

Well...they ARE sold... ;)

Honestly, that number doesnt bother me. I know we are going to have no shows its just the way it is. I tend to assume MOST people who arent coming would want to sell them. So...if we only have 1,000 no shows out of 47-48K sold (as opposed to what, the 12K+ out of roughly 36K sold we had with Tulane) I would be just fine with that...the Dome would be rocking.

I agree 100%. No matter what the Dome will be the place to be on Saturday!!

Have you heard of Groupon? It's basically the same idea but its the little less successful cousin.

Only because someone mentioned it here last year for something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And the folks watching on TV.

Great environment for a college football game. First regular-season meeting between two new conference foes, Heisman candidate, big crowd in a loud venue, etc etc.

Welcome to the ACC!

I hadn't really considered Terrel Hunt as a Heisman candidate but now that you've mentioned it...

I used it to pick up extras for the metlife game and I rarely use such sites. I would presume it's popularity is growing and it will become better known in coming years.

as of 10/1/13 @ 4 PM 694 tickets are available of stub hub.

Only because someone mentioned it here last year for something.
Groupon is a public company with 35 million registered users and a $7 Billion market cap. I've never used it though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom