Clemson vs Ohio State | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Clemson vs Ohio State

Forcible contact with the crown of the helmet. "See what you hit" to protect yourself as the person making the hit. Lucky his spine didn't buckle on contact. Not saying he meant to hit him like that, but by the rule (which is just as much to protect defensive player) it is targeting.

Another dumb college football rule: have to leave the field for one play after your helmet comes off. Why?

Another dumb college football rule: have to leave the field for one play after your helmet comes off. Why?

Overrated clap clap clapclapclap

It looked like he turned and led with his shoulder. To me anyway.

I personally thought it was the correct call per the way the rule is written. Stalski lunged forward with the crown of his head instead of his body.

So now OSU gets another scoring chance and then ball to start half.

Nanny state-ism

Will be a lot more of this

I think Fields has a hip pointer. That is painful.

Forcible contact with the crown of the helmet. "See what you hit" to protect yourself as the person making the hit. Lucky his spine didn't buckle on contact. Not saying he meant to hit him like that, but by the rule (which is just as much to protect defensive player) it is targeting.

Agreed. It really didn’t seem like a controversial call to me.

Probably to encourage guys to tighten their helmets to make them safer.
If all the straps are fastened the helmet cannot come off. I don't get it.

Clemson would do well to force fields to run now

I assume it’s to make sure the helmet is put back on securely, and not loosely. So the next play the kid doesn’t get a concussion. Dumb yet understandable.

Clemson is getting out coached.
YUP.

Clemsons Defense isn’t this bad. They simply have no idea what they’re supposed to be doing out there. On Offense, they’re calling plays like the end zone is the sideline - way too cute.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom